Where does one play and gamble in Baton Rouge?

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Lunchmoney said:
$Bill

I had heard that the Greenway had closed. Did someone re-open it?

Lunchmoney
Scott Pardo, from Baton Rouge, won the 8 man, actually person, Sarah Rousey was in it, ring game in Starkville last week said it was open and running. Fly Boy doesn't own it any more though. Don't know who has it. Use to be the best actioin in the country, south of Detroit. It's now called the New Greenway.

Last edited:

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
gulfportdoc said:
Hemi, is Scott from Baton Rouge or Monroe? The guy is playing very well.

Doc
The Professor first announced him as being from Monroe but changed it after Scott enlightened him. He did end up playing well, Doc but if I were told to "Shoot Again" as many times as Scott was I might even get in stroke, LOL. I doubt if they will be telling him that in the future. I understand why Tim told him to shoot again the last time. It virtually assured Tim of being in the money and knocked Sarah out, in 4th place. I found it amazing that Sarah was money leader, with a chance to win it all, before she missed that 9 ball down the rail at $400 per man. Why did she shoot it so damn hard?

Lunchmoney

Verified Member
From
Washington State
hemicudas said:
Scott Pardo, from Baton Rouge, won the 8 man, actually person, Sarah Rousey was in it, ring game in Starkville last week said it was open and running. Fly Boy doesn't own it any more though. Don't know who has it. Use to be the best actioin in the country, south of Detroit. It's now called the New Greenway.

Is it in the same shopping center on Greenwell Springs Road as the original? Same building? I wonder if Buddy Bonacaze has anything to do with it?

Lunchmoney

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
S.r.

S.r.

hemicudas said:
It virtually assured Tim of being in the money and knocked Sarah out, in 4th place. I found it amazing that Sarah was money leader, with a chance to win it all, before she missed that 9 ball down the rail at $400 per man. Why did she shoot it so damn hard?
You didn't have any jellybeans on Rousey, did you? :confused:
Doc

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Lunchmoney said:
Is it in the same shopping center on Greenwell Springs Road as the original? Same building? I wonder if Buddy Bonacaze has anything to do with it?

Lunchmoney
It's at 8515 Greenwell Springs Rd., Lunch. That sounds like the old address. I haven't been there in a long time though. Don't really know.

No, Doc, I didn't bet on her but was very proud of the way she played up until she missed that 10 ball. I am a Sarah Rousey fan. She is a very classy lady as well as having a ton of heart. Very mature for her years too. Plus the fact she is a Chicago area product and a White Sox fan, as am I.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Greenway

Greenway

The Greenway you remember is no more. The place is still there, and might be open, but I wouldn't go without four deputies. A lot of the action has been in the parking lot in recent years. One or two deaths that I know of.

If anything is happening, it will be at Bayou Billiards, 10090 Florida Blvd. There is also a Click's, near I-10 and College Drive, but I think it is more like a night club. But it's right around the corner from Hooters.