any stories on jack hynes and banks

unoperro

Verified Member
Threads on Jack appear often on AZ .
Only once was banks brought up.
Anyone have stories of Jack playing banks?

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
If you....

If you....

.....would of asked this about 3 weeks ago you would have got the definitive answer.Now the Keeper of the stories has departed for greener pastures......cheers,James

unoperro

Verified Member
.....would of asked this about 3 weeks ago you would have got the definitive answer.Now the Keeper of the stories has departed for greener pastures......cheers,James

Freddie didnt mention Jack in his book.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
The odds of.......

The odds of.......

.......him not knowing him are slim.So theres a reason obviously.But what is it?There may be 1 or 2 here who have a good idea.But they arent saying...........Maybe in a while......cheers,James

John Brumback

Verified Member
Jack hung around in KY for at least a year or more.I never heard about him playing any banks and he was in alot of towns where he could have got some bank action too. He liked giving up huge spots in 9ball and he was damn good at.
Guy was a freak and played about Earls speed of 9ball when he had everything right. I would have to say he broke better than Earl. It looked alot Llike SVB's
His cue ball would bounce all the way back to the head string and squat:eek:

I still laugh while I'm thinking of some of the things that guy did and could do.He is or was one of a kind,that's for sure:lol JB

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Jack hung around in KY for at least a year or more.I never heard about him playing any banks and he was in alot of towns where he could have got some bank action too. He liked giving up huge spots in 9ball and he was damn good at.
Guy was a freak and played about Earls speed of 9ball when he had everything right. I would have to say he broke better than Earl. It looked alot Llike SVB's

I still laugh while I'm thinking of some of the things that guy did and could do.He is or was one of a kind,that's for sure:lol JB

I've seen him make an object ball jump over a ball and go in.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I've seen him make an object ball jump over a ball and go in.

Ya know,I used to shoot that shot too. It must have went out with the ol rubber backed cloth. You just don't hear of that shot anymore. I used to jump the oball over a whole rack of balls and into the pocket. JB

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
You talking about the double jump shot where you jump at an object ball imprisoned inside a rack and it then "escapes" into a pocket? Or are you talking about jumping an object ball on a side pocket bank?

John Brumback

Verified Member
You talking about the double jump shot where you jump at an object ball imprisoned inside a rack and it then "escapes" into a pocket? Or are you talking about jumping an object ball on a side pocket bank?

None of the above...cball about a foot away from oball..oball about a foot away from full rack of balls...hit the cball and bounce the oball over the whole rack of balls into the corner pocket. Kinda of a loud shot really:lol John B.

unoperro

Verified Member

Jack could really overpower a table. Balls always hit the back of the pocket.
I shoot that object ball jumpshot. Can come in handy. Shot it once playing 8 ball.
Had to call the pocket twice for my opponent. He couldnt figure out what I was doing. Hit the shot perfect. 8 jumped a foot in the air! My opponent was a optician, he said " I think I need my eyes checked"!

onepockethacker

Verified Member
You want to know about Jack hynes and banks.... From what I have heard I think he probably robbed 1 or 2 in his time:lol

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Oh, you're talking about a jump that doesn't quite clear the first ball and then goes airborne for a bit.

Not exactly, Dan. There are two balls in front of you and your cue ball. They and the cue are lined up to a pocket. You jump the cue ball so that it lands on the backside of the top side of the first object ball. This causes the first object ball to jump over the second object ball and go into the pocket. It ain't easy.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Not exactly, Dan. There are two balls in front of you and your cue ball. They and the cue are lined up to a pocket. You jump the cue ball so that it lands on the backside of the top side of the first object ball. This causes the first object ball to jump over the second object ball and go into the pocket. It ain't easy.

Yeah, I know that shot. It is indeed a loud one!