A young Chicago girl thats got some game

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Found this story while looking through my misc. pool files/folders...

Karsyn Terry might be the youngest player at Red Shoes Billiards - and for sure she's the cutest...she finished 2nd in the amateur national 14 & under tournament the year previous to this report...

This is a nice story featuring her and her dad (great people, both of them) that was aired on our TV news here...here's the link to the video ----->

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2013/08/22/billiard-girl

PS, And at about 4:20 you might see a Ghost hitting balls on a dark table in the background...:eek:

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Karsyn Terry might be the youngest player at Red Shoes Billiards - and for sure she's the cutest...she finished 2nd in the amateur national 14 & under tournament the year previous to this report...

This is a nice story featuring her and her dad (great people, both of them) that was aired on our TV news here...here's the link to the video ----->

http://chicagotonight.wttw.com/2013/08/22/billiard-girl

PS, And at about 4:20 you might see a

Ghost
hitting balls on a dark table in the background...:eek:

OMG.

I did see Ghost. Be still my heart. :p

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I think I also saw a ghost…
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452646027.066770.jpg

Nice story. My favorite part is that at the very end they say that she does not want to be a pool player for a living, but a surgeon. Good stuff.

Hennie Bogan

Verified Member
It is great to see young people taking up the game with the support of their parents. It also looks like the proprietor and regulars at Red Shoes are doing their part to make her feel welcome, which is fantastic.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
good stuff!

Did you notice at the end when she is breaking the game of 9 ball, she has perfect CB control near the middle of the table...

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
I think I also saw a ghost…
View attachment 13944

Nice story. My favorite part is that at the very end they say that she does not want to be a pool player for a living, but a surgeon. Good stuff.

You know for a brief moment when everyone was matching games up for the DCC, I considered trying to make a reservation with the Ghost. This picture is confirmation that I am not ready to play the Ghost, he doesn't even need a light? That dude makes balls in the dark! I have no business playing him. :eek:

kollegedave

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

You know for a brief moment when everyone was matching games up for the DCC, I considered trying to make a reservation with the Ghost. This picture is confirmation that I am not ready to play the Ghost, he doesn't even need a light? That dude makes balls in the dark! I have no business playing him. :eek:

kollegedave

Funny thing is Dave... I had to lighten that picture! It was even darker than that lol.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

kollegedave

But Dave...you're not realizing the upside of playing me...

After all that you'll learn from playing me, you'll be qualified to change your name to:

kollegedave PhD

:heh

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

kollegedave

:lol

That's why they call him Ghost....you hear the balls click; you hear them drop; but you don't see nuthin'. :D

kollegedave

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
But Dave...you're not realizing the upside of playing me...

After all that you'll learn from playing me, you'll be qualified to change your name to:

kollegedave PhD

:heh

The only way I could get my name changed to kollegedave PhD is if I got an actual PhD. Trust me, the college and the PhD have nothing to do with one pocket.

A long time ago a player told me never to play anyone who had as their nickname as a city or a state (i.e. "The South Dakota Kid). Certain other nicknames are very obvious in communicating different sorts of intimidation, like "the Freezer", "the Terminator", or "the one pocket ghost".

No one, and I mean no one, is afraid of a guy nicknamed kollegedave. What am going to do, beat them with a copy of Huckleberry Finn? Sadly, my pool hall "friends" here in St. Louis gave me this name and it stuck. Notice, they didn't name me "straight shooting Dave", or "brass ones Dave".

kollegedave

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
"junk yard dave" is a mean, despicable, hard core, punch you in the throat, poke you in the eye, honery cuss....(you sissys don't even know......)

miller line says he is one of the few that keep him under control and focused for a set....ghost giving 10-7 is about right....

:)

YoungSchool

"junk yard dave" is a mean, despicable, hard core, punch you in the throat, poke you in the eye, honery cuss....(you sissys don't even know......)

miller line says he is one of the few that keep him under control and focused for a set....ghost giving 10-7 is about right....

yeah, I heard about him. that fukr is crazy.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

yeah, I heard about him. that fukr is crazy.

I heard young school will be at the Derby; but only when everyone is having a snort and only after everyone has tied one on. Any truth to this? I'd like to buy his funny a$$ a drink.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

In the proper old school poolroom environment that I grew up in...

When somebody (without being asked to) states a match-up for me against another player, along with stating the spot/weight that I would have to give up - it incontestably means that he (Dustin) intends on staking me in this game...:heh...:cool:

- Specter

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
In the proper old school poolroom environment that I grew up in...

When somebody (without being asked to) states a match-up for me against another player, along with stating the spot/weight that I would have to give up - it incontestably means that he (Dustin) intends on staking me in this game...:heh...:cool:

- Specter

Uh....... You're 1/4 right...

He's planning on betting on ONE of you. :D

(incontestably) :p

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
The only way I could get my name changed to kollegedave PhD is if I got an actual PhD. Trust me, the college and the PhD have nothing to do with one pocket.

A long time ago a player told me never to play anyone who had as their nickname as a city or a state (i.e. "The South Dakota Kid). Certain other nicknames are very obvious in communicating different sorts of intimidation, like "the Freezer", "the Terminator", or "the one pocket ghost".

No one, and I mean no one, is afraid of a guy nicknamed kollegedave. What am going to do, beat them with a copy of Huckleberry Finn? Sadly, my pool hall "friends" here in St. Louis gave me this name and it stuck. Notice, they didn't name me "straight shooting Dave", or "brass ones Dave".

kollegedave

Many years ago I was playing in a nine ball tournament and my next match was a $$ match. I watched my opponent warm up some and thought he looked pretty good and I may have my hands full.

We shook hands and introduced ourselves before the match and he said "Hi, I am Go Off Gary from Berkeley. I shot his ***s off. Wasn't going to let nobody with that nickname beat me.:D