Looking for stills of breaks

u12armresl

Verified Member
Hello,

I am looking for print screens or stills of the position of the table after the breaker breaks, but before the next person shoots anything.

Not looking for any where a ball is made and the same shooter stays up.

If you have any please let me know and I can provide you with an email address.

Thanks much.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
i have one good one(the break), i took a pic of it 2 weeks ago. I was getting 10-6 and ended up losing the rack. it took my opponent along time to get out of the trap,

EP90210@hotmail.com

I have thought of doing this before on every break good or bad, what would be perfect is a overhead camera.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
u12armresl said:
Anyone?

One pic or 100 pics, anything helps.

Thanks.
I think breaking the balls and taking a digital camera and some overhead pics would work well, you could do this as much as you like and post the picture up here and get the best shot choices. :)

u12armresl

Verified Member
Fast Lenny said:
I think breaking the balls and taking a digital camera and some overhead pics would work well, you could do this as much as you like and post the picture up here and get the best shot choices. :)

That would work great Lenny, but I don't really have a pool hall that I get to play out of on a regular basis, the place I do play at wouldn't let me do that so I'm trying to rely on the generosity of others.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thank you Fatboy, PM sent.

Anyone who has pics let me know, I will get you an email address and I can add them to the E book. They don't have to be your breaks, if you are on the net and see a one hole match, hit print screen and put it in a word document or an email.

I know it wont be the quality of a beard or robbins book, but I am trying to do something for pool here.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Bumping this. Seems there has been a lot of activity around the forum.

Any stills are appreciated.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Here's a couple for you. The 1st pretty a good one, the 2nd not so much.
Rod.

Attachments

• number 1.jpg
    number 1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 0
  • number 2.jpg
    number 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thank you for those pics. Please feel free to send me more if you have them, still a long way from having all the pics I need, but getting closer.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
u12armresl said:
Thank you for those pics. Please feel free to send me more if you have them, still a long way from having all the pics I need, but getting closer.

I'm sure I'll play pool monday, I'll take my camera. How many would you like ?
Rod.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Initial plan is to put together an ebook for people to carry on their phones, laptops, etc, to just incite thinking about the game and what would you do type scenario.

Figure to get a hundred or so breaks and get some comments from players on what they would do, so you see the break on page 1, think about it, then turn to the flip side to see what a seasoned one pocket player would have done, wash, rinse, repeat.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
androd said:
I'm sure I'll play pool monday, I'll take my camera. How many would you like ?
Rod.

couple more for you.

[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• opening 001.jpg
    opening 001.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0
  • opening 002.jpg
    opening 002.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 0

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
i sure dont like the CB way out in the middle of the table after that break(s), I'd work on getting the rock closer to the long rail. with the same ball spread,.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Fatboy said:
i sure dont like the CB way out in the middle of the table after that break(s), I'd work on getting the rock closer to the long rail. with the same ball spread,.

The 2nd one is mine. Most of them look like this. I like not having the corner ball come out and don't plan to change it. In fact I've had excelent sucess with it. Most of the people I've played for any length of time begin to break the same way. I know it's not the conventional thinking. I personally have a hard time hitting my target with much english.
Rod.
PS; I ran 6 balls my 3rd shot.
PPS, Post # 10 is my break also, basically won that game on my 2nd shot, ran 7 balls. I'm playing people I spot 2 and 3 balls. Maybe your speed ? As you can see they don't break too well.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
The 2nd one is mine. Most of them look like this. I like not having the corner ball come out and don't plan to change it. In fact I've had excelent sucess with it. Most of the people I've played for any length of time begin to break the same way. I know it's not the conventional thinking. I personally have a hard time hitting my target with much english.
Rod.
PPS, Post # 10 is my break also, basically won that game on my 2nd shot, ran 7 balls. I'm playing people I spot 2 and 3 balls. Maybe your speed ? As you can see they don't break too well.

Rod, Great photos...much more preferable than looking at a f-ing WEI table....Are those REAL Balls and a cue ball ???..:eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
Rod.

Rod,

I remember trying your break and didn't mind it at all once I got the hang of it.

Actually, for those who think the cueball should be closer to the siderail, that's only important if the corner ball comes out, otherwise the cueball being where Rod leaves it cuts off options to play safe. Think about it: the closer to the rack the cueball is the less options you have.

Dennis