Winter is here and the pool players are out

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I got a call yesterday from Bill that some players are showing up at California Billiards in Mountain View.

In the last couple days, Cole Dickson, Lizard, Bucktooth & Curtis have made an appearance with a little action coming down. Curtis came to town with Jerry Brock a couple years ago. I was lucky I recognized him. I usually jump on any other old guys who want to play. Not this time.

My old road partner Poker Paul is also visiting from Las Vegas. I may have to get down there in the next week or so. Nothing much happening in Sacramento.

California Billiards is having an added $$ two day one pocket tournament on December 8th/9th that will be a good one. I will put up more info later.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I got a call yesterday from Bill that some players are showing up at California Billiards in Mountain View.

In the last couple days, Cole Dickson, Lizard, Bucktooth & Curtis have made an appearance with a little action coming down. Curtis came to town with Jerry Brock a couple years ago. I was lucky I recognized him. I usually jump on any other old guys who want to play. Not this time.

My old road partner Poker Paul is also visiting from Las Vegas. I may have to get down there in the next week or so. Nothing much happening in Sacramento.

California Billiards is having an added $$ two day one pocket tournament on December 8th/9th that will be a good one. I will put up more info later.

John,

If you get there before he leaves, tell Cole I said Hi ! (also Chris and Jeff) TY. Which Curtis are you talking about ?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John,

If you get there before he leaves, tell Cole I said Hi ! (also Chris and Jeff) TY. Which Curtis are you talking about ?

I do not know his last name. Black guy who has been around a while & liable to be seen anywhere. Plays decent banks and usually has a player with him.

Could have been with The Tooth.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
He's also been Ike's west coast & Vegas steerman for a long time.

I did not recognize Jerry Brock at first but since he came in with Curtis, who often has a good player with him and matches up fairly snugly, I declined his offer to play and then thought I recognized him and confirmed it with Cole, who was there at the time. Cole is old school and would not give him up unless asked, which is the way it should be.