Deuel vs. SVB

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Game 1: Corey had a 7-3 lead I think, with all balls tied up, and then proceeded to shoot the stupidest shots known to man until SVB was forced to win the game.

Game 2: SVB had a very uncharacteristic scratch playing a safety and Deuel ran 4 balls to win.

Game 3: A few bad decisions by Corey and nice play by SVB and SVB wins game 3, 8 to -3.

Game 4: SVB wins 8-0.

Corey has a buyback so Busty, SVB and Corey are still left.

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Corey had two shots to win that game on the 4 ball, amazing he missed either and those two shots he scratched on were stuff you would see from guys playing the game for the first time. I hope Corey pulls it together, I was rooting for him to snap this off.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Corey had two shots to win that game on the 4 ball, amazing he missed either and those two shots he scratched on were stuff you would see from guys playing the game for the first time. I hope Corey pulls it together, I was rooting for him to snap this off.

Yep, he had the long straight-in on the 4 ball and the spot-shot on the 4 ball after SVB's scratch.

I also wanted him to win.

SVB & Bustamante coming up. Corey waiting in the wings.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Game 1: Corey had a 7-3 lead I think, with all balls tied up, and then proceeded to shoot the stupidest shots known to man until SVB was forced to win the game.

Game 2: SVB had a very uncharacteristic scratch playing a safety and Deuel ran 4 balls to win.

Game 3: A few bad decisions by Corey and nice play by SVB and SVB wins game 3, 8 to -3.

Busty has a 2-0 lead on SVB.

Cornerman

Verified Member
From
Carlsbad, CA

one of the oddest matches ever.

It must have been the cold front that came in because the 10' tables also had uncharacteristic poor play at the same time whereas just earlier there seemed to be no surprise problems.

Freddie <~~~ mayor today will turn around

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
one of the oddest matches ever.

It must have been the cold front that came in because the 10' tables also had uncharacteristic poor play at the same time whereas just earlier there seemed to be no surprise problems.

Freddie <~~~ mayor today will turn around

It must've been the weather or the water:p. Corey looked around for ways to go-off when all he had to do was play a simple yet effective safety. SVB was not playing great(tired from gambling all night probably) and was on the ropes a few times and Deuel let him back up:confused:. Very strange. Maybe having the buyback in his pocket made him relax too much, I don't know.

Two things I take away from the matches on Thursday: How did Conway Jr. ever get that far and how was Deuel undefeated when he constantly looks for ways to go-off? Oh well.

Dennis

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
It must've been the weather or the water:p. Corey looked around for ways to go-off when all he had to do was play a simple yet effective safety. SVB was not playing great(tired from gambling all night probably) and was on the ropes a few times and Deuel let him back up:confused:. Very strange. Maybe having the buyback in his pocket made him relax too much, I don't know.

Two things I take away from the matches on Thursday: How did Conway Jr. ever get that far and how was Deuel undefeated when he constantly looks for ways to go-off? Oh well.

Dennis

Benny beat some good players to get that far.

I have a little story from when I played Benny in New Orleans. But I'll keep it to myself.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
One thing about the live streams, all the "armchair quarterbacks" come out of the woodwork with their opinions!!! :eek:

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One thing about the live streams, all the "armchair quarterbacks" come out of the woodwork with their opinions!!! :eek:

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Dear AB's JockstrapBreath,

Maybe if you had ever spent some time around top one-pocket players who weren't nits, lock-artists and who actually bet their own money, you'd have learned enough about the game to offer an educated opinion on a match. Due to your earlier in life deficiencies you are left being a knocker, the one thing you boys supposedly detest.

My my, how the old folks need attention around here. A 3-Cushion player trying to stay relevant on a One-Pocket site. Really sad.

Wow, it only took you 8 minutes to log-in and read my post. You must really find my writing very interesting indeed. How long till you craft a witty & intelligent reply?

Dennis

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL

Maybe if you had ever spent some time around top one-pocket players who weren't nits, lock-artists and who actually bet their own money, you'd have learned enough about the game to offer an educated opinion on a match. Due to your earlier in life deficiencies you are left being a knocker, the one thing you boys supposedly detest.

My my, how the old folks need attention around here. A 3-Cushion player trying to stay relevant on a One-Pocket site. Really sad.

Dennis

Did I mention you by name, but, I guess you know who you are, but, since it looks like you want to play, let’s play your little keyboard games!

We have ALLWAYS had BETTER one pocket and bank pool players in Chicago than Detroit, it's just a fact! In ALL the years I was around, "the Rack", NEVER did I see your face or even hear of you regarding gambling playing pool for more $50.00 and 3-4 barrels. This info I have is from another creditable player from the "D". So, I don't think you of all people should offer an opinion on gambling and shot selection by the best players in the country. It would be like you trying to critique me playing 3 cushion, really bad idea.

I'd let it go if I were you, you are NOT the "know all-tell all" when it comes to one pocket.

Respectfully;
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

P.S. Regarding "AB", it was you that challenged him to play for $10.000.00 and backed down, correct? BTW, this "old folk" will play you 1 and 1 for whatever comes out of your mouth ANYTIME!!!

P.S.S. BTW, the plaque you sent of the poem to DCC was a VERY nice gesture! :)

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Wow, it only took you 8 minutes to log-in and read my post. You must really find my writing very interesting indeed. How long till you craft a witty & intelligent reply?

Dennis
mr3cushion said:
P.S. Regarding "AB", it was you that challenged him to play for $10.000.00 and backed down, correct? BTW, this "old folk" will play you 1 and 1 for whatever comes out of your mouth ANYTIME!!![/SIZE]

Like I said, still clinging to AB like he's a life preserver and you're floating in the ocean. How very sad to have to life through someone else.

Wow and double wow...You've already logged in when you saw me responding to this post...This time try to craft a witty & intelligent response please.

P.S. For future reference: I know where all the posts are concerning AB and me playing and have printed them all out. As usual, you don't know what you are talking about. You can find them yourself.

P.Ps. None of your Detroit informants wanted to play me even one-pocket so I don't much care what they say.

I know you're dying to respond to my response so I'll stop writing now. Please, please, please do not "enlarge" your words or colorize them when responding. It only makes you look dumber than you are. The words have the same value and meaning no matter what size they are.