Nine hard cover pre-pubs left

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
There are only 9 more openings for my pre pub number #101 to
#150, $50 offer scheduled to go to print on the 17th of this month. PM or email me for details. bankingwiththebeard@comcast.net.

Beard

Missing this will be worse than missing the game ball for your rent money!

Here is a book excerpt, a quote from Grady:

"Chicago wasn’t for the pure of heart. There were men asleep on the bench in Bensinger’s who could wake up almost instantly and never miss a ball. They usually only had two barrels to fire at you - and that included the air game - if you were dumb enough to not put up the money. Guys like “Tommy the Sailor,” “Canadian Pete,” “Mexican Johnny,” etc.

The air in Bensinger’s was stifling and smelly. The equipment was tough and strange. I loved that place even if you couldn't really win any money there…”Freddy the Beard,” “Bugs,” and “Chicago Paul” Jones were around Bensinger’s too."

Grady Mathews

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
This too funny. "They usually only had two barrels to fire at you - and that included the air game".

Grady wasnt kidding. His win/loss record in Bensingers was O'fer. He and I played on table #24 and he called the table a "cold deck."

Beard

At Bensingers, John the Greek woke Canadian Pete up from off the bench and gave him one barrel to play a young Jimmy Rempe Nine Ball! Pete played him to a four hour draw. Rempe asked me, "Who the hell is this guy?"