Daulton vs. Joyner 2002 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's the first game and there's no score yet. Shannon is shooting at the lower left-hand pocket, as you view the screen.

This shot falls into the category of "pay attention to where shot balls are going". What would you do from here?

Shannons Shot.Jpeg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
looks like shannon is banking the 9 going behind the cluster where he has a few more to shoot at his hole if he makes the 9.
the cluster blocks many shots to joyners hole as does the balls in the middle of the table should block a direct hit on the 9.need to be sure not to leave a shot on the 5
something like this
(i was able to delete a stray arrow this time.:) thanks dennis:) )
AOL 9.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Daulton vs. Joyner 2002 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg

Not much point in banking the 6 ball, even if it has room to go, because you can't afford to follow up-table with the cb. You could move both the 6 and the 8 via billiard, but not since both the 5 and the 2 can go two rails and get past the 10. So I would do what lefty appears to be doing. Bank the 9 ball and duck into the area around the upper right pocket. Not much risk if you don't hit it too hard, and it could get pretty sweet. That's what I would do.

Well, somehow I got the wrong Greenshot here. I made a better one, with an arrow showing the 9 going into Daulton's pocket, but this is the one that showed up. Must be I left this one on the clipboard. Maybe next time . . .

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Doc's got it

Doc's got it

I like Doc's solution best. Playing the 9 ball, with limited cueing can sometimes get you in trouble like the cue ball comes off a ball and works its way into the open, giving your opponent a clear shot. With the balls uptable there is no way i would want to put the cue ball in a position where he could get a few balls and take control of the game. Sappo

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
gulfportdoc said:
I imagine Shannon pocketed the 6, had the CB bump into the 8, then shot the 10, and crossed over to get shape on the 9. After that he could have taken out the Joyner's 14, or banked something.

But I gather something different happened...:cool:

Doc

I believe they're shooting at the other end of the table.
Rod.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
androd said:
Rod.

That's what I thought at first... Dennis has said the LOWER left hand pocket as we view the screen... which means that all the balls are pretty much uptable.

but damn.... there's no score and all the balls are up there like that? Weird game, or else Dennis gave us the wrong pocket.

Me so con fuzed!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's the first game and there's no score yet. Shannon is shooting at the lower left-hand pocket, as you view the screen.

This shot falls into the category of "pay attention to where shot balls are going". What would you do from here?
1. Sorry for the confusion. This is what I mean by lower left-hand pocket.

2. Question is "what would you do from here" not "what did doughnut-belly do from here".

3. Just because he's down looking at a shot does not mean he ended up shooting that shot so there's nothing to infer by my posted pics in that regard.

4. I make mistakes 24 hrs. a day but this ain't one of 'em:) .

Shannons Shot.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
androd said:
Rod.
Whoops! Well, that does change things. I think there's room to bank the 6 straight back, but it looks like he's aiming at the 6 too far right. Dunno what he's doing.

Doc