Brumback-Daulton-DeMarco-Hughes-Jones-Murphy 2011 D.C.C. Ring Game

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I've never seen a ring game in banks Freddie so I may need some help with the rules here. First off, they are using a 10-Ball rack for the game. I understand the rules to be for this first game that they are betting $50 per ball. Every time a player makes a ball he gets $50 apiece from the other players. Each player has put up $1500 to get in this game. Also, scratches don't count in a ring game and there are no intentional safeties allowed. You must take a shot that has some chance of going. One other thing, you may kick 3 rails or more to pocket a ball in the ring game.

The score this game is:

Shannon Murphy-2

Louis DeMarco-1

Mike Hughes-0

Shannon Daulton-0

John Brumback-0

Jeremy Jones-0

Hughes, Daulton, Brumback and Jones haven't shot yet. It's Louis DeMarco to shoot here and he just made one ball. It's still his shot. What would you do?

CapturedPicture_14.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_6.Jpeg

SpinDoctor

From
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hmm, looks like a pretty dark spot to be when you've gotta shoot instead of duck. I'd probably try and cross the 2 into the side and work on avoiding crashing into the 1 with the c/b.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
cross corner 6

cross corner 6

Since you have to shoot in a ring game, I would probably spin the 6 backwards for a cross corner. If the one ball wasnt were it is I would prefer to bank the 2 ball, off of an extreme cut, cross side. The way the one ball lies there is a big scratch possibility off of either side of the one ball. The shot is too difficult already without using draw or english to try and avoid the one ball. I would only play the 2 ball with pure center ball. I broadcast this match but I dont recall this position. A top banker like Louis would probably spin the 6 backwards.

Beard

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
fred bentivegna said:
Since you have to shoot in a ring game, I would probably spin the 6 backwards for a cross corner. If the one ball wasnt were it is I would prefer to bank the 2 ball, off of an extreme cut, cross side. The way the one ball lies there is a big scratch possibility off of either side of the one ball. The shot is too difficult already without using draw or english to try and avoid the one ball. I would only play the 2 ball with pure center ball. I broadcast this match but I dont recall this position. A top banker like Louis would probably spin the 6 backwards.

Beard

If scratches don't count whats the DIF ?:confused:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
If I shot the 6, it looks to be a pretty thin cut even with lots of outside on it. I probably would shoot the 2. I think I can miss the one with either inside or outside draw using the soft stroke to spin it in. I would probably opt to use the inside on it, because of the cueball reversing on the bottom rail and killing the action on it, so it's isn't flying around

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
I've never seen a ring game in banks Freddie so I may need some help with the rules here. First off, they are using a 10-Ball rack for the game. I understand the rules to be for this first game that they are betting $50 per ball. Every time a player makes a ball he gets $50 apiece from the other players. Each player has put up $1500 to get in this game. Also, scratches don't count in a ring game and there are no intentional safeties allowed. You must take a shot that has some chance of going. One other thing, you may kick 3 rails or more to pocket a ball in the ring game.

The score this game is:

Shannon Murphy-2

Louis DeMarco-1

Mike Hughes-0

Shannon Daulton-0

John Brumback-0

Jeremy Jones-0

Hughes, Daulton, Brumback and Jones haven't shot yet. It's Louis DeMarco to shoot here and he just made one ball. It's still his shot. What would you do?

View attachment 3159

View attachment 3160

Dear Nostalgia breath,

So you appear to be reduced to last years "bank pool ring games" to get your WEI table "jollies"...:rolleyes:... Personally, I prefer 15-20 year old, really exciting [sic] "what would you do" one pocket shots...as opposed to really boring niche riing games...(with no apparent end in sight)...:eek:

Duck <---loves to see what everybody would shoot, (in ancient one pocket games)...assuming they knew what the f@@k they were doing...(which is always debatable, with you)..:cool:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Exactly

Exactly

CaliRed said:
cuz you lose you're turn if you scratch?:D:eek::confused:

Now that wasnt that tough now, was it?

Beard

Except you apparently missed my point about making an extreme shot like the 2 ball even more extreme with draw or english. Re exteme cut and english with the 6 ball shot, you are one foot closer to the 6, and it is much closer to the rail than the 2.
Just keep paying attn and ignore the hijacks and you will for sure learn something on this bank forum.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Dear Nostalgia breath,

So you appear to be reduced to last years "bank pool ring games" to get your WEI table "jollies"...:rolleyes:... Personally, I prefer 15-20 year old, really exciting [sic] "what would you do" one pocket shots...as opposed to really boring niche riing games...(with no apparent end in sight)...:eek:

Duck <---loves to see what everybody would shoot, (in ancient one pocket games)...assuming they knew what the f@@k they were doing...(which is always debatable, with you)..:cool:
It looks like somebody left the door to the Bank Forum open again:p . Maybe I'll dig up a 13 yr. old match with you & Joyner, there should be some good "What Would You Do's" in there I would think. Stay tuned Ducky (in the One Pocket forum).

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Duh Careful, I'll sic Artie on your a$$

Wow, I thought you lost your turn if you didn't make one. like the 6 ball.:D Live and learn.

Rod.

Please tell me, why would ANYONE even care...:cool:...Its like asking someone who to bet on, when no one in the entire universe, has ever managed to sweat an entire bank pool ring game. Its a moot point...:rolleyes:

Duck <---Would not sweat a bank pool game, for $1,000,000...even if I were in for half...:eek: Unless my new friend, John B. were playing. Then I would stick the old toothpicks in the eyelids, and try and ACT interested...:p

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:
Please tell me, why would ANYONE even care......Its like asking someone who to bet on, when no one in the entire universe, has ever managed to sweat an entire bank pool ring game. Its a moot point...

Duck <---Would not sweat a bank pool game, for $1,000,000...even if I were in for half... Unless my new friend, John B. were playing. Then I would stick the old toothpicks in the eyelids, and try and ACT interested...:p
I may be slow... but I"m really starting to get this nagging feeling that you despise Bank Pool.:) Now, as a man that made onepocket his main game for the last couple of centuries, and because banking balls is big part of onepocket, I keep telling myself... "Self, He really can't hate the game that much, can he?"

But then I can't help but think the last 2,566,321 posts that you've made, that describe the game to you, as being on the same lines as you having to sit right next to Cocobolo Cowboy after ingesting 3 hits of speed, for a 18 hour trip on a Greyhound bus with no stops.:eek:

Just stop beating around the bush, with all these thinly veiled, unclear posts about bank pool.... do you like it or not?:D:confused:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
CaliRed said:
I may be slow... but I"m really starting to get this nagging feeling that you despise Bank Pool.:) Now, as a man that made onepocket his main game for the last couple of centuries, and because banking balls is big part of onepocket, I keep telling myself... "Self, He really can't hate the game that much, can he?"

But then I can't help but think the last 2,566,321 posts that you've made, that describe the game to you, as being on the same lines as you having to sit right next to Cocobolo Cowboy after ingesting 3 hits of speed, for a 18 hour trip on a Greyhound bus with no stops.:eek:

Just stop beating around the bush, with all these thinly veiled, unclear posts about bank pool.... do you like it or not?:D:confused:

Let me think for a minute...Nope, I'm afraid the bus ride with CooCoo, would be my choice, over sweatng "Blank Pool"

PS..Or maybe being forced to disect one of RBL's stupid WEI table diagrams... Now that would be a close call...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

bozman445

Verified Member
???

???

SJDinPHX said:
Let me think for a minute...Nope, I'm afraid the bus ride with CooCoo, would be my choice, over sweatng "Blank Pool"

PS..Or maybe being forced to disect RBL's stupid WEI table diagrams... Now that would be a close call...:rolleyes:

I think these bank forum posts beg the question: Why would a straight guy hang out in a gay bar?

Bozman

SJDinPHX

Suspended
You don't have to be gay, to like bank pool,...but it helps...!.

You don't have to be gay, to like bank pool,...but it helps...!.

;)
bozman445 said:
I think these bank forum posts beg the question: Why would a straight guy hang out in a gay bar?

Bozman

Excellent point Boz,...I may just quit hangin' out over here...:eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
He banked the 2 cross-side but the cueball kicked the 1 ball into it:( . At $250 per ball pocketed that had to hurt.

LD's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_16.Jpeg

John Brumback

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
;)

Excellent point Boz,...I may just quit hangin' out over here...:eek:

Ok hotshot,I'm back and now I'm going right over there to the other side
and take everything I just said about you, back!! We can't help It that you just never did have a good strong stroke.You do know that It takes a GOOD Strong stroke to play good banks,Right? Yeah that ole buntin,rollin,pokin game
will keep you broke In bankpool.But hey,If you let me I bet I can teach you how to bank.Your never to old to learn how to bank!!!! You ole fart.

Your new friend,John B.
Ps:you got a burr under your saddle or what? hehe

John Brumback

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

The score this game is:

Shannon Murphy-2

Louis DeMarco-1

Mike Hughes-0

Shannon Daulton-0

John Brumback-0

Jeremy Jones-0

View attachment 3159

View attachment 3160

I shoot the 2 cross side with a lot of low right (real low right) If you hit this shot good and right you won't get near the 1 ball. See using alot of low right will allow you to hit the 2ball about half full,then the english will shorten the bank therefore allowing you to draw the cueball to the side rail below the sidepocket and down to the bottom rail.Double chalk your tip though.John B.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
John Brumback said:
Ok hotshot,I'm back and now I'm going right over there to the other side
and take everything I just said about you, back!! We can't help It that you just never did have a good strong stroke.You do know that It takes a GOOD Strong stroke to play good banks,Right? Yeah that ole buntin,rollin,pokin game
will keep you broke In bankpool.But hey,If you let me I bet I can teach you how to bank.Your never to old to learn how to bank!!!! You ole fart.

Your new friend,John B.
Ps:you got a burr under your saddle or what? hehe

Dear John,

I never really gave bank pool much thought, until I joined this forum...I just always thought it was the game of choice, for barefoot hillbillies, or people from Chicago, neither of which were capable of shooting a ball "straight in the freaking hole"..;) (present company accepted of course)
Too bad we didn't meet up sooner...You could have taught me how to shoot every thing "warp speed", and I could have taught you how to 'dink and bump' with the best of 'em, at one pocket..ha.ha..:)

PS..You would have gotten in action a whole lot more, like your good buddy Shannon did..:cool:

PPS..At least we drink and smoke, about even...Its the only thing I do real well any more..:p :p

Your new, "old" friend, Duck

bozman445

Verified Member
Edification required

Edification required

SJDinPHX said:
Dear John,

I never really gave bank pool much thought, until I joined this forum...I just always thought it was the game of choice, for barefoot hillbillies, or people from Chicago, neither of which were capable of shooting a ball "straight in the freaking hole"..;) (present company accepted of course)
Too bad we didn't meet up sooner...You could have taught me how to shoot every thing "warp speed", and I could have taught you how to 'dink and bump' with the best of 'em, at one pocket..ha.ha..:)

PS..You would have gotten in action a whole lot more, like your good buddy Shannon did..:cool:

PPS..At least we drink and smoke, about even...Its the only thing I do real well any more..:p :p

Your new, "old" friend, Duck

Mr duck, I was just wondering if bank pool hijacks and the consistant negative Chicago references were included in the peace deal you supposedly hashed out with the Beard? Are you getting bored with the tranquility and putting out baited traps?.

Bozman

I say this only because so far you havent offered a single insight into a bank pool solution on this forum since its inception. Some of us are serious about learning.