Cue Sports Journal

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
This is an excellent paper edited & published by John Henderson. John was kind enough to send me 3 copies of the May 2012 issue in which he has published "You'll Be Up Here Yet", the poem I wrote about all the oldtimers who are gone now. Freddy read this poem at the 2012 DCC to open the HOF dinner.

The paper has many good stories in it and covers the tournaments very well. Nice job John.

Is there a possibility of a 1 year subscription or anything like that? I know I read something about it somewhere but I can't find it now.

Thanks again for the copies John and best of luck to you in all you choose to do.

Dennis

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
This is an excellent paper edited & published by John Henderson. John was kind enough to send me 3 copies of the May 2012 issue in which he has published "You'll Be Up Here Yet", the poem I wrote about all the oldtimers who are gone now. Freddy read this poem at the 2012 DCC to open the HOF dinner.

The paper has many good stories in it and covers the tournaments very well. Nice job John.

Is there a possibility of a 1 year subscription or anything like that? I know I read something about it somewhere but I can't find it now.

Thanks again for the copies John and best of luck to you in all you choose to do.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

Right now I am sending them to pool rooms free, hoping they will take some ad space to list their local tournaments and promote their players and rooms. I am trying to keep it old school with a little personality and national news along with tournament results, player profiles or anything else the local rooms submit.

The idea is with all this modern technology, you can take a pic with a cell phone and email to cuesportsjournal@gmail.com or text to 5303918316 and we have some copy for the paper. If they send something, they will get copies of the paper.

As of now it is hard copy only and I have sent copies to several rooms around the country hoping they will respond and we can get to know them, their players and what is going on in that part of the pool world.

My deal to the pool rooms is this, send me something for the paper and I will put it in free for the first month so you can see how it goes over before you spend any money.

The June issue will come out around the middle of the month.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Hey John! I didn't realize that you'd fired up CSJ again. You stopped the original run in the 90's, didn't you? It was a great paper then, and I'm sure it's the same now.

I recall that you, Gene Ventura, Gene Miller, and others always had some good articles. You also had some "stories of the road" or some other named feature for great road tales. I contributed to 1 or 2 of those.

I suppose you'll have to wait and see how it takes off. Will it be predominantly Calif. news? Anyway I'd like to suscribe if you take subscriptions.

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Hey John! I didn't realize that you'd fired up CSJ again. You stopped the original run in the 90's, didn't you? It was a great paper then, and I'm sure it's the same now.

I recall that you, Gene Ventura, Gene Miller, and others always had some good articles. You also had some "stories of the road" or some other named feature for great road tales. I contributed to 1 or 2 of those.

I suppose you'll have to wait and see how it takes off. Will it be predominantly Calif. news? Anyway I'd like to suscribe if you take subscriptions.

Doc

P.m. Me your address Doc & I will mail you the first couple issues. I am trying to get pool rooms around the country involved and passed out quite a few in Las Vegas but have not had much response yet.