Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-28-2018, 11:00 AM
lll lll is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 14,344
Default cross corner bank off the point

whitey suggested i post this link to a video of efren shooting this shot against billy palmer...danny di mentioned efren had shot it before in the match
obviously its one he is comfortable with
enjoy
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showp...2&postcount=16
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-28-2018, 12:05 PM
Dennis "Whitey" Young Dennis "Whitey" Young is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Klamath Falls, Or.
Posts: 1,066
Default

Thanks, Larry for finding this and threading it! What a great video and shot! I nominate this for consideration of being placed in site 'The Game', "Great Shots". The commentating is so right on, for the one commentator wants to spin the cb to rails into the ob, and Danny wants to hit it thin and bank it into the 3 and make the combo, and then Efren does his shot!
And when Danny says; " I haven't seen this shot before" that is really saying something profound! I just have to wonder about the history of this shot. Thanks again, Larry.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-28-2018, 03:22 PM
Billy Jackets Billy Jackets is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 990
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
Thanks, Larry for finding this and threading it! What a great video and shot! I nominate this for consideration of being placed in site 'The Game', "Great Shots". The commentating is so right on, for the one commentator wants to spin the cb to rails into the ob, and Danny wants to hit it thin and bank it into the 3 and make the combo, and then Efren does his shot!
And when Danny says; " I haven't seen this shot before" that is really saying something profound! I just have to wonder about the history of this shot. Thanks again, Larry.
The first time I ever saw the shot it was presented as a trick shot in the mid to late 1960s. It's probably way older than that , most shots are .
The cueball was frozen to the bottom rail at the first diamond from the pocket where you were shooting and the Object ball was placed frozen on the middle diamond on the same rail.
The ball was shot with extreme left english at just a slight angle into the rail.
It was extremely difficult to ever make the ball , but Efren, saw it as a move, instead of a shot, and made it a useable tool..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-29-2018, 05:32 PM
crabbcatjohn crabbcatjohn is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Benton, Ky.
Posts: 2,294
Default

Nobody shoots it better than Tony

Last edited by crabbcatjohn; 08-29-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2018, 06:26 PM
gulfportdoc's Avatar
gulfportdoc gulfportdoc is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gulfport, Mississippi
Posts: 8,991
Default

HA! That's insane that he shot that shot jacked up. That's watcha call fearless...

~Doc
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2018, 06:56 AM
lll lll is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 14,344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
Nobody shoots it better than Tony https://vimeo.com/158438861
thanks for the link john
i agree with doc
thats just crazy the way he speared it.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2018, 08:55 AM
gulfportdoc's Avatar
gulfportdoc gulfportdoc is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Gulfport, Mississippi
Posts: 8,991
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
thanks for the link john
i agree with doc
thats just crazy the way he speared it.....
Actually, upon reflection, he may just have meant to bop that ball outta there, and had a happy accident. Shooting the "point" shot jacked up, and with that much force would not be likely...

~Doc
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-30-2018, 12:28 PM
crabbcatjohn crabbcatjohn is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Benton, Ky.
Posts: 2,294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Actually, upon reflection, he may just have meant to bop that ball outta there, and had a happy accident. Shooting the "point" shot jacked up, and with that much force would not be likely...

~Doc
That was discussed. They said he shot at it and he plays it often
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-20-2019, 04:40 AM
Custhar1 Custhar1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Southaven ms
Posts: 20
Default

nice shot to be able make but there isnt much he cant do
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-20-2019, 10:04 PM
jtompilot jtompilot is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 3,529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Actually, upon reflection, he may just have meant to bop that ball outta there, and had a happy accident. Shooting the "point" shot jacked up, and with that much force would not be likely...

~Doc
The happy ending
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.