8 Champions - Nick Varner & Scott Rabon on Commentary!! Sept 30- Oct 2, 2014

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
We might see a Frost/Reyes final. Does the winner of the loser's side have to beat the winner of the winner's side twice-- two races to 7? Could be a long match, which would be great for the sweaters...:)

~Doc

Bigtruck

Verified Member
We might see a Frost/Reyes final. Does the winner of the loser's side have to beat the winner of the winner's side twice-- two races to 7? Could be a long match, which would be great for the sweaters...:)

~Doc

Yes. It's true double elimination. If it goes two sets the final set will be on Friday.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Dr.Bill and Nick Varner

Dr.Bill and Nick Varner

I watched approx. 12 hours of the best onepocket matches I could ask Both matches went hill hill. Reyes is so smooth, like sliding a hot knife through butter. IMO he is still the best. The enjoyment of Dr.Bill and Nick Varner commentating was a great insight of the older guys thought pattern. The young guns are shooting out while Billy and Nick are bidding time. Well worth the money. By the way Scott Rabon is real good too, knows the game inside and out.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Joey 3 scott 2

Here's a first for us. Paypal is having issues on receiving payments!! If you bought the stream just email Helpdeskpatv@gmail.com your transaction id and we will connect you. ~thanks

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

It's down to the final 4. Francisco vs Joey Gray and the magician vs josh Roberts. Josh Roberts shoots really well and straight. A real young gun. He went up 3-0 on effren. Then ER won the next 5! Roberts just won another game with a 6 and out that started with an insane Carom bank. So- 5-4 ER.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

EF owed 2 and just ran a 10 and out.... 6-4 EF. Score of busty and Gray is 1-1

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Wow. Yet another 8 and out by EF to take the win!! Btw- Dr Bill and nick Varner in the booth. Great stuff!

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Nick and Billy in the booth

Nick and Billy in the booth

This is the greatest commentary I have heard in a while. Usually I think Billy is conservative, but he has nothing on Nick. I love to hear Nick's suggestion that maybe a shot that looks good could be trouble because you can't tell where every ball will go.

Josh Roberts looked unbeatable in the first three games, Efren looked weak. Then once Efren got going, he was able to control the games, tricky kiss combos etc, and great safeties.

Fun to watch.

Bigtruck

Verified Member
Still going...no commentary, no score posted. But Joey looking stronger.

guess we'll see come tomorrow.

The commentators are only for the scheduled matches. This is bonus coverage. Not a TV match.

Ray

It's a great one to sweat though!

Terry Hanna

Verified Member
From
Las Vegas Nevada
. Tomorrow - Josh Roberts vs. Busty semi-finals.11 am cst 1st

Buy your pass now if you haven't yet. SUPER HIGH CALIBER ONE POCKET.

winner get to play Efren in the finals 5pm cst

1st 25k
2nd 14k
3rd 10k

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
myself, hill, and sullivan met up early yesterday, drove down for the event, spectated for about 12 hours with lutman and thiemann (qball) who happened to be in attendance and headed back last night. made it a point to say hello to the good dr. and ray before we headed out.

a few of my observations:
the venue had a lot of people in attendance but hardly overcrowded or uncomfortable, great service, food, fresh coffee, etc.
i really like the race to 7 format
bustamante's break
rail first shots are your friend
very impressed with joey gray

the fact that the players really put themselves out there and have a lot riding on it does not fall absent. for guys like me, it's a good time to take the day
off and sweat some great one pocket and marvel at their ability, but for them - the pressure is real and it's their livelihood on the line.

to those responsible and who made it happen: great job and (hopefully) looking forward to more of these.

:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
myself, hill, and sullivan met up early yesterday, drove down for the event, spectated for about 12 hours with lutman and thiemann (qball) who happened to be in attendance and headed back last night. made it a point to say hello to the good dr. and ray before we headed out.

a few of my observations:
the venue had a lot of people in attendance but hardly overcrowded or uncomfortable, great service, food, fresh coffee, etc.
i really like the race to 7 format
bustamante's break
rail first shots are your friend
very impressed with joey gray

the fact that the players really put themselves out there and have a lot riding on it does not fall absent. for guys like me, it's a good time to take the day
off and sweat some great one pocket and marvel at their ability, but for them - the pressure is real and it's their livelihood on the line.

to those responsible and who made it happen: great job and (hopefully) looking forward to more of these.

:)

Good report there, Boss. I meant to buy the stream yesterday to support a one pocket stream, but I didn't get up til 3 pm, and I wanted to watch the bank match with Earl and John Morra anyways and I had to see Survivor and the playoff game with SF and Pit was also on, so I let it slide. Frost was on Facebook talking about how impressed he was with Joey (and Efren)