Tony and Dennis

BOX

Verified Member
From
Los Angeles California
Hello frank thanks! I met Burt in 1977 in north Hollywood,I got his name out of a library book yea I did go to the library back then,the book said he was one of the best cue makers so my journey began!When I pulled up in front off his shop the first thing I notice was a 1967 Riviera the license plate read cue man I though sweet!I must be in the right place.He had two entry's, he was inside talking to another cat at the time I did'nt no the guy!Around the top of the shop he had pictures of pool players, that's when I realize he was talking to Sal Butera they look like brothers. I walk over introduce myself shook hands dam he had big hands, let my hand go I said to myself.His shop was across the the street from a place called I think call the four queens I think four some thing,anyway I order my first stick. Price three hundred bucks no prob lets go in 1977!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I also have one of his cues. Got it from him in the early eighties when Tim Padgett was working for him. Still play with it today.

One thing about Bert he really knew how to give a hand shake. My hand still hurts to this day just thinking about his hand shake.
I got that whenever I saw him at an event I would yell across the room and say hi. That got the formalities out of the way and bypassed the hand shake. Great guy.

Box, good to see that you've joined the crowd here.
Ha! I forgot all about that until you said it. You're right, shaking Bert's hand was like shaking with a vise! And being a drummer in those days, I had a pretty fair grip myself; but Bert was a challenge...;)

~Doc