Chicago Fats vs 100+ Ball Runner

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Playing a strong player on his home table. He is not a gopher but not a nit.
It is a tightish gold crown that rolls straight and has good cloth.
Up a few games on the session and in a grueling game that has already been going on for some time...
Fats pocket is top left where the three ball cluster is.
The game score is Fats -1 vs. "100 Ball Runner" 4.
This is the first point in the game that I have had a legitimate shot for offense.
Fats to shoot....
WWYD?

Attachments

• 20171031_142137.gif
    20171031_142137.gif
    105.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20171031_142131.gif
    20171031_142131.gif
    76.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20171031_142126.gif
    20171031_142126.gif
    81.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20171031_142123.gif
    20171031_142123.gif
    75.2 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd be banking the 10ball long into the cluster, luck one in you've got shape, if not he's sorta doubled up.
P.S Were I younger and my draw stroke intact, (gofer that I am) I'd whistle the straight back. :)

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Hard to say with the tilted full table view, but if I can bank the 10 ball at my hole and draw over towards his side pocket, then that's my shot.

If not, then probably bank the seven towards my pocket and roll the cueball down towards his hole.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Hard to say with the tilted full table view, but if I can bank the 10 ball at my hole and draw over towards his side pocket, then that's my shot.

If not, then probably bank the seven towards my pocket and roll the cueball down towards his hole.

7 and 10 balls both bank to the hole.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member

This straight back lays good for the make, but if you draw back... I don't think you can avoid selling out the 15.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member

He went to the bathroom, so I snapped these pictures pretty fast!!!(hence the view)
I will take a better full table pic next time.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I forgot to mention one factor....
We play "Blitz"....
This means if your opponent doesn't make a ball in his hole during a game... they have to pay double that game.
It is not a big factor in this game on this particular shot, but it does come into decision making.

OneRock

Verified Member
From
South Florida
I'd cut the 6 to loosen up the cluster while sending the CB in between the 11 and 15 towards his side rail. With the right speed, the 11 will hopefully block his view.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I forgot to mention one factor....
We play "Blitz"....
This means if your opponent doesn't make a ball in his hole during a game... they have to pay double that game.
It is not a big factor in this game on this particular shot, but it does come into decision making.

So if you make a ball in your pocket at any time during the game, this avoids the Blitz, or do you still have to pay double if you end up at zero or owing balls?? I didn't ever play this.. Good WWYD nice.. I also bank 10 at the cub of balls..

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Chicago Fats vs 100+ Ball Runner

I'd be banking the 10ball long into the cluster, luck one in you've got shape, if not he's sorta doubled up.

P.S Were I younger and my draw stroke intact, (gofer that I am) I'd whistle the straight back. :)

Hahahha. It would be so hard to get me off that straight back. But you’ve got the correct second choice as well Sir Rodney. Heh.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD

I agree that banking either the 10 or the 7 is tha shot. Since they both go, I would bank the 7 ball because if I bank the 10 and leave the CB high as you suggest, he most likely will be able to kick behind that cluster and create a trap that I won't like.

If I bank the 7 ball I can roll down and get behind that ball near his bottom rail or if I get fortunate enough to get one close to my hole he won't be able to see it from the bottom rail.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
So if you make a ball in your pocket at any time during the game, this avoids the Blitz, or do you still have to pay double if you end up at zero or owing balls?? I didn't ever play this.. Good WWYD nice.. I also bank 10 at the cub of balls..

If a ball is pocketed in your hole by anyone.... you are "off" the Blitz.
it doesn't matter if you lose 8 to 7 or 8 to -28.
It adds a little wrinkle to an already complex game. it comes into decision making about 1 out of 5 games I would say. If you played on loose pockets, i would imagine it would come up more often.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I agree that banking either the 10 or the 7 is tha shot. Since they both go, I would bank the 7 ball because if I bank the 10 and leave the CB high as you suggest, he most likely will be able to kick behind that cluster and create a trap that I won't like.

If I bank the 7 ball I can roll down and get behind that ball near his bottom rail or if I get fortunate enough to get one close to my hole he won't be able to see it from the bottom rail.

"100 Ball Runner" put me in that "trap" about 5 shots already... it took a while to just get out of it. One of those times where you feel like you are swimming under water and finally get your head up for a peak.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
"100 Ball Runner" put me in that "trap" about 5 shots already... it took a while to just get out of it. One of those times where you feel like you are swimming under water and finally get your head up for a peak.

Yeah, once you experience that trap, you gotta be on the lookout for it. So, between the two banks, 10 ball or 7 ball. since they both go and both could push balls nearer to your hole, you gotta go with the 7 ball bank cause it affords natural and superior CB position on the bottom rail, whether you make a ball or not.:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
If a ball is pocketed in your hole by anyone.... you are "off" the Blitz.
it doesn't matter if you lose 8 to 7 or 8 to -28.
It adds a little wrinkle to an already complex game. it comes into decision making about 1 out of 5 games I would say. If you played on loose pockets, i would imagine it would come up more often.

Yes indeed.. Now I understand.. That is a wrinkle.. You get somebody down a couple games and hit them with a couple of Blitzes, you could really demoralized them and get the nose open.. I like it..

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown

Dan...whose the 100 Ball Runner? - I must know him.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
WTF do you think it was easier to type out 100 ball runner then the guys name?

Yep... obviously don't think it is necessary to know the actual player. He is not a member here and I don't think it helps the story.
I did want to point out that he is a strong player and if he has any shot here after I shoot... then he is going to run the 4 needed balls.