Low Down Dirty 1P moves...

Donovan

Verified Member
From
Fort Worth, TX
This is a new thread on AZB about 1P:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=25782

I think it is starting out to be a pretty good discussion. Anypne want to clarify some of these rules they are throwing out? I liked the intentional scratch safety in the side. I haven't noticed it to come up in one of my games, but I will watch for it more closely in the future.

Man, I love learning this game.

senor

Verified Member
The intentional titty hook is no good

The intentional titty hook is no good

Placing your tip on the cue ball for an extended amount of time in order to try to freeze it to the inside rail of the pocket is just like putting it there with your hands and should be considered a loss of game.

RileysDad

Verified Member
Construction Dave....

Construction Dave....

Used to play at California Billiards in Mtn. View (and why the hell the owner tolerated him we could never understand) and Ol' Construction had a slew of sharks he'd use.

A favorite of his was to get up during your shot and count the balls in your side of the rack. That was always a great way to break concentration and slow things down.

He was also always telling that a ball was frozen when it wasn't or claiming you failed to get a rail.

You also had to watch him CAREFULLY when he was putting balls up since sometimes balls would just happen to "slide" over to his side on their own. We learned to take our balls out of the table completely and put them in the tray when there was any money involved.

And of COURSE there was the constant talking, whining, jittering and BS that he threw around.

He is now down in AZ playing in the Seniors B tounneys and Robbing them there.

:D

RileysDad

Verified Member
Strawberrys Move!

Strawberrys Move!

I almost forgot about this one -- it is one an early accustat tape of Strawberry playing St Loiue Loiue.

Strawberry is trying to play a gentle safe against Louie's side of the rack and mishits the cue too softly, so he just SHOVES the cue ball into the rack moving EVERYTHING over to his pocket. And Billy I -- who was narrating the tape -- said it was unitentional -- Blind he was.

:)

Frankie

Donovan said:
This is a new thread on AZB about 1P:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=25782

I think it is starting out to be a pretty good discussion. Anypne want to clarify some of these rules they are throwing out? I liked the intentional scratch safety in the side. I haven't noticed it to come up in one of my games, but I will watch for it more closely in the future.

Man, I love learning this game.
Donovan : i have been following your posts the past year or so ..you know alot more about one pocket than you think..you seem to be a very good writer too..perhaps you would considering writing a book about one pocket ! sincerly Frankie Frankie says "when in doubt bank it ".

RileysDad

Verified Member
Intentional Scratch in the Side?

Intentional Scratch in the Side?

If you are good enough to carom the cue ball off an object ball for the scratch there is nothign wrong with it as an intentional scratch.