Winning One pocket Eddie Robin First or Second edition

t-dog

Verified Member
:heh:heh

Nobody will see it, or guess it.

But if Dennis doesn't post it, I have a 1st edition "Jersey Red" signed copy of the book that holds the answer. $400.00 in excellent condition.:) PM me if interested.

gaff shot, I can make 20% but, 9 off the titty bank to the hole. I doubt he shot this as it would be dumb to chose over the 4 ball bank but...its an option. lol Bank the 11 from there and run out.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
gaff shot, I can make 20% but, 9 off the titty bank to the hole. I doubt he shot this as it would be dumb to chose over the 4 ball bank but...its an option. lol Bank the 11 from there and run out.

Believe it or not there is a shot in the book where a player shoots a ball into an uptable tit, it hits the other tit and banks back to his pocket (diagonally), he draws the cueball a couple of inches for shapes on his game ball, the only other ball on the table.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Does anyone want to see what Breit shot from here?

Dennis

Disclaimer: The 3 diagrams in the WOP book are not consistent with the written description so I'm using the written description to show the shots.

I also opened up the table diagram program in another window and set up the layout again so I could remove balls from the table as they were pocketed and I could show cueball movement.

The ball placements in the new layout may be slightly different than in my original layout but you'll see what Breit did. Actually, as soon as you see his first shot you'll know what happened the rest of the way.

Dennis

t-dog

Verified Member

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Does anyone want to see what Breit shot from here?

Dennis

:heh:heh

Nobody will see it, or guess it.

But if Dennis doesn't post it, I have a 1st edition "Jersey Red" signed copy of the book that holds the answer. $400.00 in excellent condition.:) PM me if interested.

Jeff,

Nothing wrong with inserting an advertisement in a thread but why wouldn't I show what Jack shot after I asked if anyone wanted to see it? Strange.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I dont understand at all how you shoot that and maybe why I am no where near that level. If he misses that combo bank, Allen just banks the 4 to his hole. There are a lot of shots in those two books that are more for a reference of different shots and not shots anyone should shoot during serious money games.

t-dog,

When gambling in a game such as this there is sometimes a point you reach where you know that this is the single best opportunity you are going to get in the game and maybe even have a chance to win. Breit was playing Ronnie Allen, the greatest and most intelligent One-Pocket pocket who ever lived and he probably knew this was his best last chance so he took it.

There is another reason that will become clear if you ever see the layout in W.O.P.. Like I wrote; the written description doesn't jibe with the 3 diagrams shown (in W.O.P.). When you see it you'll understand.

Dennis

t-dog

Verified Member
t-dog,

When gambling in a game such as this there is sometimes a point you reach where you know that this is the single best opportunity you are going to get in the game and maybe even have a chance to win. Breit was playing Ronnie Allen, the greatest and most intelligent One-Pocket pocket who ever lived and he probably knew this was his best last chance so he took it.

There is another reason that will become clear if you ever see the layout in W.O.P.. Like I wrote; the written description doesn't jibe with the 3 diagrams shown (in W.O.P.). When you see it you'll understand.

Dennis

But then.....that is changing your game to suit the oppenent

And how does one know when that time is....only from years of playing champions?

Ronnie only needing one definitely changed the game and how it should be played I guess.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
ok stories and pics--thats good--shots ive never seen? maybe--he was a 3 cushion player right? i know if there is anything like the trick shot credited to him in robert byrnes treasury of trick shots, then id def like to see it,because that trick shot is nothing short of amazing.....years ago, i nearly made it on the 3rd try--its very tough......still, there would have to be enough original shots in there for me to spend that kind of money......

Efren used to watch ball bangers play, he'd see shots he'd never seen before and learn allot from beginners.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
But then.....that is changing your game to suit the opponent. It could also be playing your game to take advantage of the situation. I don't believe Jack changed his game.

And how does one know when that time is....only from years of playing champions?Just from years of playing good players tough games, not necessarily "champions".You'll know it when faced with it.

Ronnie only needing one definitely changed the game and how it should be played I guess.Maybe, maybe not. Any good One-Pocket player is a lock to win from there with 2 balls near a pocket (almost out of play) unless he really does something wrong.

t-dog,

Dennis

t-dog,

Try to find a copy of W.O.P. to peruse and look at the diagrammed layout. As I mentioned, it's not exactly the same as the written description.

Dennis

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff,

Nothing wrong with inserting an advertisement in a thread but why wouldn't I show what Jack shot after I asked if anyone wanted to see it? Strange.

Dennis
"The if Dennis doesn't post it" was a lead in for the sale of the book. Of course I realize you are going to post the answer. If I somehow offended you with that lead in... :sorry

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
t-dog,

Dennis

I was fortunate enough to see the Red Raider play in the last 3-4 years at Janscos, in match play and gambling. When he gambled, he seemed to transform his character, like Pancho Gonzales. He was a VERY aggressive, high energy player. And on those cold nights when his match got called, his wife would get his cue, from the car take it out of the case, put it together and warm it with her hands before he started. And I also Vividly remember Boston shorty putting a 1/4 can of Talc in his hand :), rub his hands and cue ENTIRELY with talc, ''clap his hand's'', a white puff of Smoke and rack em up.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
But then.....that is changing your game to suit the oppenent

And how does one know when that time is....only from years of playing champions?

Ronnie only needing one definitely changed the game and how it should be played I guess.

Keep in mind, the pockets were bigger back then. The creative/aggressive play style of Jack at work is easily seen in this shot.