Action that I missed

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I didn't get to see it Friday night but heard about it Saturday when I went to the pool room but there was some decent action I would have loved to watch.

Danny Smith and Shane Winters came into town and Shane matched up with local Shannon Murphy. For some reason, they could not agree on a one pocket game so they ended up playing 10 ball 8 ahead for $2,000. Shane got up a few games and Shannon's backer said double the bet, so they raised it to $4,000. Shane ended up winning.

Then they moved to one ball one pocket (something I have not played before and probably would not do very well at lol). $500 a game and Shane won 4 in a row and that was it. $6,000 to Shane and I am not sure if they came back up last night or not, I will report back if so.

Would be cool to have a video camera on every pool table in the country so you could pull up and watch the clip[s from the night before and see action whenever you wanted :)

keoneyo

Verified Member
I didn't get to see it Friday night but heard about it Saturday when I went to the pool room but there was some decent action I would have loved to watch.

Danny Smith and Shane Winters came into town and Shane matched up with local Shannon Murphy. For some reason, they could not agree on a one pocket game so they ended up playing 10 ball 8 ahead for $2,000. Shane got up a few games and Shannon's backer said double the bet, so they raised it to $4,000. Shane ended up winning.

Then they moved to one ball one pocket (something I have not played before and probably would not do very well at lol). $500 a game and Shane won 4 in a row and that was it. $6,000 to Shane and I am not sure if they came back up last night or not, I will report back if so.

Would be cool to have a video camera on every pool table in the country so you could pull up and watch the clip[s from the night before and see action whenever you wanted :)

Personally I dont like to give exact figures in the 4 figures and above. People get hinky. Theres all kinds of thieves out there besides mooches and exwives.
We really dont know how much is chopped up and how much exactly a player walks away with. Unless its out there on a stream for public knowledge its nobodys business. I been reprimanded and I seen winners get stuck up on the road by highwaymen.
Most of the usual guys would use the jellybean equation. You can get the idea what 10 jellybeans can rep. Its foggy enough to give you the idea but gives the player an out by saying whatever 10 jellybeans can mean.
My opinion.;)

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Personally I dont like to give exact figures in the 4 figures and above. People get hinky. Theres all kinds of thieves out there besides mooches and exwives.
We really dont know how much is chopped up and how much exactly a player walks away with. Unless its out there on a stream for public knowledge its nobodys business. I been reprimanded and I seen winners get stuck up on the road by highwaymen.
Most of the usual guys would use the jellybean equation. You can get the idea what 10 jellybeans can rep. Its foggy enough to give you the idea but gives the player an out by saying whatever 10 jellybeans can mean.
My opinion.;)

You know Keoneyo, I thought about it before posting and figured with the internet, texting and the way word travels, everyone practically knows everything anyways soon after it happens that it was no big deal...

Kind of like when a player comes in a pool room, it's hard to sneak up on someone anymore because it's so easy to identify people now with those same methods (internet or snap a pic and text to someone and boom, "oh yea that guy played so and so last night and he plays good...")

In any case, I do see your point and I would never want to disrespect or cause trouble for either side of an action match so I will move to the analogies for any future postings like this...and on that note I lost another jelly bean last night getting 9 to 6 from another decent player ;)

beatle

Verified Member
i dont know the speeds of any of them exactly. but the local player rarely beats the road player for good reason. one the road player is in stroke and doesnt give a good game. and two often it is a dump of some local backer or bettors.

so i pay little attention to results anyway as they have little meaning.