Do you plan to play in N.O. Member Tourney?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I know youre a little better than me so I dont know why youre scared. You dont want good action just say so. There are no friends between the diamonds. If you want entertainment, I suggest the French Quarter.

Lol. I love good action. I've never been a fan of loud action. I don't need the money that badly and like to compete for the thrill (not that the money hurts). So I play who I like. Generally that means whoever is in front of me at the time lol. But I don't like being abrasively addressed (i.e.: called scared, or all caps knocking other games that I am looking forward to). So... If you'd like to relax and return to civility, of course we will play. If you'd rather argue or be abrasive towards me, it's ok. I'd rather not. I enjoyed our two sessions. I won the first and you won the second. I can live with that. They were fun!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Lol. I love good action. I've never been a fan of loud action. I don't need the money that badly and like to compete for the thrill (not that the money hurts). So I play who I like. Generally that means whoever is in front of me at the time lol. But I don't like being abrasively addressed (i.e.: called scared, or all caps knocking other games that I am looking forward to). So... If you'd like to relax and return to civility, of course we will play. If you'd rather argue or be abrasive towards me, it's ok. I'd rather not. I enjoyed our two sessions. I won the first and you won the second. I can live with that. They were fun!

Dude, you're misunderstanding Bill. In my experience, all his "abrasive" stuff is good-natured chain-pulling.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Dude, you're misunderstanding Bill. In my experience, all his "abrasive" stuff is good-natured chain-pulling.

Bill's good in my book. I just want to keep this fun and play as many 1p.org guys as I can on the trip. You included Jonnyboy. Even you maniac 😊.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Would not miss this !!

Would not miss this !!

Just made my reservation. Bringing my wife, but shouldn't cut down on my action, if any.
I am open to play just about anyone from age 75 - 95. Yes, that includes LSJOHN. :):):lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa

Hold on there Mitch, my original comments were addressed to a post by JR Hendy not to you. The only reason I put it under your name is you promised to finish the game we started at the DCC when you got tired. Then the first caps started with the caps towards me. I thought your response was rude and condescending telling me in so many words that if behave myself according to your standards, we would play. I played pool when pool was three tables to a room and the floors were covered with cigarette butts and broken beer bottles. I didnt grow up in the fancy pool rooms of today.:eek:
When it comes to pool, and barking, I dont behave; Its a war of shots, psychology, cash and gambling. I put up my money and play.
I dont know where all your hostility is coming from, maybe you fell out of bed and your head hit a rock. Ask anyone, anytime I walk into a pool room theres action, because I bring it in my pocket with me. Im sorry you dont understand barking. Ill be there loaded with cash as always when I go to a tournament and I m playing, you or anybody, I dont care. The only conditions I have when playing are keeping count of the cash.:lol

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Stream

Stream

Looks like Im open for action. Does anyone know if LACYS has a dedicated internet? Is there a number I can call?
Col Billie, Im coming in early a coupleof days and going straight to your house. I giving you the chance to bust me first. I'm thinking I may end up with a nice fishing boat although all my fishing is done with a cue.:heh:heh

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Hold on there Mitch, my original comments were addressed to a post by JR Hendy not to you. The only reason I put it under your name is you promised to finish the game we started at the DCC when you got tired. Then the first caps started with the caps towards me.

Hang on ther big dog, Mitch and I have a score to settle from the DCC. ALL OF YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT

Bill- I beg to differ. The first caps were yours quoted above. Where it seemed to me you were telling John (which I understand bc he is your roadie) but also everyone else that they couldn't play me because I was all yours. That is what I had an issue with (because I want to play everyone and not just you lol)

But if that was just barking, then I do apologize if I was rude or came off condescending. You have been fun to play and I have no problem with you or anyone else. I'm sure we will play again if you like.

It's all good man. 👍

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yeah, Metairie might have some decent hotel deals. Bill or someone mentioned Slidell. It's to the NE of Chalmette, about 20-25 minutes-- all interstate. I'm sure that plenty of their motels are available, and cheaper than in N.O. Has anyone checked out the Marina Motel in Chalmette?

~Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Yeah, Metairie might have some decent hotel deals. Bill or someone mentioned Slidell. It's to the NE of Chalmette, about 20-25 minutes-- all interstate. I'm sure that plenty of their motels are available, and cheaper than in N.O. Has anyone checked out the Marina Motel in Chalmette?

~Doc

Bad reviews and two stars on Hotel.com
My kind of place

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill- I beg to differ. The first caps were yours quoted above. Where it seemed to me you were telling John (which I understand bc he is your roadie) but also everyone else that they couldn't play me because I was all yours. That is what I had an issue with (because I want to play everyone and not just you lol)

But if that was just barking, then I do apologize if I was rude or came off condescending. You have been fun to play and I have no problem with you or anyone else. I'm sure we will play again if you like.

It's all good man. 👍

Mitch, it's probably all moot. I have a challenge match with da Col at his house. I told him he had 9/7 for life after I torched him at the DCC a few years ago. I know he plays a lot better now but a lifetime game has been made and I am honor bound (one pocket gambling code, vol 2, sec 115.54) to play him. It will be all good if I only lose a few thousand.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Mitch, it's probably all moot. I have a challenge match with da Col at his house. I told him he had 9/7 for life after I torched him at the DCC a few years ago. I know he plays a lot better now but a lifetime game has been made and I am honor bound (one pocket gambling code, vol 2, sec 115.54) to play him. It will be all good if I only lose a few thousand.
Bill, watch yourself at Col. Bille's. He keeps lots of Jack Daniels on hand...:)

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
John Rizzo & James Christopher are riding with me... They called me today and expressed their desire to play in the 1st Inagural Onepocket.org Classic...

So, if there are no objections, they would like to make the trip...

I realize they have not posted often, but they are members and I will vouch for both of them being stand up guys... Most of you guys already know them, and both have been in and around the game for over 50 years...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well we'd certainly want to welcome Rizzo because he was (and is) so generous with us re the Houston events. I did not realize that James was a member.

I do think we'll have to be careful, especially as the event date nears. There are going to be lots of area players who would love to play the event. So it's up to the group if it's going to stay a 1p.o member event, or it's just going to be a 1P tournament that's been promoted by the guys on the site.

It's really just a matter of what the members want. I don't know if there would be a consideration whether the owner would agree to a larger event or not.

~Doc

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Well we'd certainly want to welcome Rizzo because he was (and is) so generous with us re the Houston events. I did not realize that James was a member.

I do think we'll have to be careful, especially as the event date nears. There are going to be lots of area players who would love to play the event. So it's up to the group if it's going to stay a 1p.o member event, or it's just going to be a 1P tournament that's been promoted by the guys on the site.

It's really just a matter of what the members want. I don't know if there would be a consideration whether the owner would agree to a larger event or not.

~Doc

James is the manager of Bogie's West, so he's kind of related.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John Rizzo & James Christopher are riding with me... They called me today and expressed their desire to play in the 1st Inagural Onepocket.org Classic...

So, if there are no objections, they would like to make the trip...

I realize they have not posted often, but they are members and I will vouch for both of them being stand up guys... Most of you guys already know them, and both have been in and around the game for over 50 years...

If these two guys weren't members, we'd have to make them honorary members. "Stand up" is an understatement. They will add to the class AND the fun.

Two thumbs up!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
We have 32 probables already, several maybes, and some haven't-checked-in-yets.

We need to be thinking about the best possible ways to get all the planned matches in within time allowed.

Some possibilities are:

1) Players' meeting Fri nite at 8:00, First round at 9-9:30, two rounds Fri nite.

2) Players' meeting 9:00 Am Sat, and/or matches 2/2.

3) Single elimination

4) More tables; matches start as tables become available.

5) Limit entries to first 32 to pay entry fee (to whom?)

6) Time clock run by Jeff Sparks. :D

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
We have 32 probables already, several maybes, and some haven't-checked-in-yets.

We need to be thinking about the best possible ways to get all the planned matches in within time allowed.

Some possibilities are:

1) Players' meeting Fri nite at 8:00, First round at 9-9:30, two rounds Fri nite.

2) Players' meeting 9:00 Am Sat, and/or matches 2/2.

3) Single elimination

4) More tables; matches start as tables become available.

5) Limit entries to first 32 to pay entry fee (to whom?)

6) Time clock run by Jeff Sparks. :D

My thoughts:
I think we need to start Friday if possible.
Finals to be a single race to 5
Single elimination is agreeable to me... Perhaps we can have a simultaneous consolation bracket for 1-loss players

How many tables will be available to us?
All 15 9-footers?
Can we reserve one table for practice/action?
Are VIP spectator tables available?