efren scott again

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
gotta say i'm surprised two guys that know the game and play as well as you two would even think about touching those two balls up 7-2.....

Wayne

Verified Member
gotta say i'm surprised two guys that know the game and play as well as you two would even think about touching those two balls up 7-2.....

It's a 90% shot for the top shooters and if they are zoned in probably 95%. There is the additional advantage that if you do miss by a hair you will probably carom an additional ball to your pocket.

I shot it 10 times and made 7 out of 10 (4" pocket) and on one miss I caromed a ball into my pocket. Another miss 2 balls were in front of my pocket and I sold out 1 ball. Once I messed up badly and sold out and left the other 2 balls where they could be banked.

I know if I was playing a top player I would be hoping he wouldn't shoot it.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If the angle off the spot ball is conducive to sending the 4ball off the 10ball cross corner then it may be a consideration, if not then for me it's not an option. Lets assume that the "two way shot" is not available, then what is your shot?

For those who don't like shooting the 6ball off the spot I like banking the 6ball toward the 2ball and positioning the cue ball near the diamond on the bottom rail left of the chalk. This shot if hit well will possibly create a two ball cluster and take away both the 2ball and 6ball as balls "in play"and also will not give up a shootable ball for Reyes to pocket.

The balls in this particular lay out are all in play, understanding this you must then be particular on which ball you shoot and what your plan, or objective is. My shot with banking the 6ball toward the 2ball takes the 6ball out of play and possibly ties up the 2ball as well. Plus it doesn't leave a bank for Reyes to start a trap off of. Certain positions like the one here where all balls are in play will take some work to position balls "out of play" you must be particular with your first shot not to leave a return shot that puts you on defense ..clearing balls from your opponents pocket.

You also must be cognizant of where you position the cue ball off the 6ball. You don't want to position the cue ball directly under the 10ball near the bottom rail, that leave allows your opponent to play off the 10ball and send the cue ball to the top right quadrant of the table utilizing the striped ball located in the center of the table as a blocker protecting the balls on his side. Take away that angle by positioning the cue ball where I mentioned..near the chalk on the bottom rail.

Roll up your sleeves and go to work and make it tough on your opponent by not leaving him a shot to either get back in the game or a shot to keep his stroke loose. If you know what I mean. Break his ass down, for lack of a better expression.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
I've never played Efren before, and this may not work against him, but I would shoot this shot against normal mortals.

Low right english, mostly right.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I think Cardone has the smartest shot for us average players. The 4-ball kiss bank was the first shot I saw, but unless the CB can be drawn back behind the 6 as a blocker, then the shot is not so appealing, for the reason that it probably won't pocket, and there might be left a return bank to get the opponent back in the game.

Wayne is right that a top shooter would probably cut in the 6. But for lesser players, Mitch's point, about leaving a cluster that the opponent can't do anything with when he needs them all, is trustworthy advice.

But something tells me that in this example, Scott did not shoot the 6....:D

~Doc

Pancake

It is the 7 ball

It is the 7 ball

No question, he will cut the seven ball. I bet he dogs it.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
why do you say that
i know you are online now
i will send you a pm so you know im curious to your answer

i know you are NOT online now
you joined in 2010
and have 27 posts
so i dont know when you will tune in again
but whenever it is
i would like to know why you felt that way
pm is ok...:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
miller and i are not world class players (forgive me dustin for assuming that.:))
but unless it was dead
why disturb the 2 tied up balls that DONT GO FOR YOUR OPPONENT
i always want to lear so another explanation is appreciated..

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I've never played Efren before, and this may not work against him, but I would shoot this shot against normal mortals.

Low right english, mostly right.

IF you are not going to shoot
this to me is the prudent shot
would like others opinions on this

i will let you know what scott shot after i milk this alittle more...:D

Last edited:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
miller and i are not world class players (forgive me dustin for assuming that.:))
but unless it was dead
why disturb the 2 tied up balls that DONT GO FOR YOUR OPPONENT
i always want to lear so another explanation is appreciated..

Even if you don't play the ball on the spot or the carom bank you will have to consider moving those two ball even if they don't go to his hole but don't go to your hole either.

Leaving them there on his side of the table is dangerous because if he finds a way to open them up and gets them in play by playing off them or banking another ball into them he will then have more that those two balls in play on his side of the table. If you don't remove them now you will have to do so as soon as you can, especially with you only needing one.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I may make the stripe near Effie's side pocket and float the cue ball to the bottom rail hidden from the 2. This shot removes a ball form his side and there would be no bank opportunities; it looks like Effie would have to start putting balls up table.

dave