Xtremepoolchallenge.com Senior Invitational One Pocket Challenge

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Hey Bobby. Is the Hacker playing in it also?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Heh. Whoops. I miss the word senior in there.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Got some good live one pocket on the ten footer, in case anybody forgot. I'm watching now while I'm waiting for the race to start

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I don't know what the age limit is, but Hacker is not near old enough. Nice to see more senior events. I am tired of playing you young guns.:D

I believe the age requirements for this event was 50+. Hardly a senior event based on your standards.

Dave

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I believe the age requirements for this event was 50+. Hardly a senior event based on your standards.

Dave

I watched a little to see if I could bark at any of them:D, but the game is a little different on a 5 x 10. DiToro has been one of the better players there for a long time.

It was a quality production but why they played it on 5 x 10 tables is strange to me.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I have to say I was a bit disappointed that Rob was not there to commentate. I feel like a huge opportunity was missed. For us to learn from Rob and for Rob to put his hat in the ring to become a commentator like Dr. Bill, Danny D., Mark Wilson, and Jeremy Jones. Could bode him well in the future. He was, however, the Elephant in the room, so to speak. He was talked about a lot and it was clear the guys who were commentating had enormous respect for him.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I watched a little to see if I could bark at any of them:D, but the game is a little different on a 5 x 10. DiToro has been one of the better players there for a long time.

It was a quality production but why they played it on 5 x 10 tables is strange to me.

john
from what i know
the players organized it among themselves
the tables are brunswick centennials refurbished by mark gregory of perfect pocketz...with his technique of extending the rails instead of shims for pocket size
all pockets including the side pockets are 4 1/2 inch but i am told play "smaller"
.http://perfectpocketz.com/
mr3cushion wrote this in the members section about the venue
The venue 'The Xtreme Pool Challenge' where the Senior One pocket event was held at, is a private studio for 'Live Streamed' events. It was conceived by Gary Patrick the owner and Earl Strickland to challenge other PRO players on the larger tables, until Earl decided to f**k Gary!

The concept was and still is, to have 'High Caliber Pro player' events, the two 5'x10' foot tables are the ONLY tables at this venue. It was intended to test the abilities of the BEST players on some of the BEST equipment Brunswick ever made, and modified pockets and cushions to challenge the BEST!

Playing 1 one pocket on a the larger table requires a completely different mindset/concept! Which has NOT really been currently tested thoroughly, a SINGLE event a year does not make a player the BEST on the larger table. XTreme's concept is to try an hold some form of quarterly PRO events for the elite! Hopefully it will come to what they envision!

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Thanks for the information Larry. It was a well done production, great stream, good commentating and a beautiful 10 foot table. I hope that their original concept happens.
I heard them say that they might have a partners one pocket match coming soon. I will be looking forward to that. Good luck to them in their venture.
Nice chatting with you yesterday Larry.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Thanks for the information Larry. It was a well done production, great stream, good commentating and a beautiful 10 foot table. I hope that their original concept happens.
I heard them say that they might have a partners one pocket match coming soon. I will be looking forward to that. Good luck to them in their venture.

if we can dig up a sponsor, maybe a trip to Florida is in our future.:D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Maybe I'm too critical. I thought the commentating was weak.