owen/nevel re run

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I like my odds of sticking him on the back side of the stripe next to the cue ball...Even if he moves to the opposite corner on his shot... I should be able to cinch the game in two innings from there...

B

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I might be inclined to shoot the 6 two rails to take the stripe away from the opponent's hole. Use high english on the CB with just enough speed to come off the shooter's side rail, then down to the foot rail.

If Gabe were BEHIND 6-2, he'd likely shoot in the 6 using low english.

~Doc

Cory in dc

Verified Member
owens shot
q ball is at bottom of white arrow
View attachment 15129

I want to be conservative with the lead. I think I would shoot the 6 ball 2.5 rails to stop a bit south of my side pocket. With the 6 placed there, a return bank on the stripe ball by the current cueball position won't be free, if I happen to leave that shot. I'm trying to take the cue ball safely past the side pocket to the long rail, then short rail, the behind the 14.

GoldCrown

Verified Member
I like my odds of sticking him on the back side of the stripe next to the cue ball...Even if he moves to the opposite corner on his shot... I should be able to cinch the game in two innings from there...

B

would do the same

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
He hit the shot fine. But the problem is that he left a standard straight-back on the 6, with probable po' on the 15 (or 11-- whatever is up by the short rail). Hell, Col. Bille makes 10 of those every morning before he has his coffee!:)

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
He hit the shot fine. But the problem is that he left a standard straight-back on the 6, with probable po' on the 15 (or 11-- whatever is up by the short rail). Hell, Col. Bille makes 10 of those every morning before he has his coffee!:)

~Doc
remember nevels pocket is lower left
6 has to be hit perfect to go
off alittle hit the stripe or make it in the bottom pocket or miss it.....:eek:
gabe removed a threat and got it out of play
played the score
nice shot to me
i would have shot colonel bille shot

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I do practice that shot a lot...but it is not mine... It is the Brumback method to shorten the angle... Got to give him props for how well he hits these...

B

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry I was late to the party but if I need 2 and I am Owen shooting, I shoot the 6 ball 1 rail over to my side, just high enough where it wont sell out a cross corner and float the Cb down to the bottom rail.

If my opponent wants to shoot that 1 rail straight back he is going to lose the game if he misses.

'

Oh and yes I agree, that 6 ball stiff bank is a JB classic....