Shots that you learned from others that are regular part of your game now

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
I'll name 4..... First-- those backwards banks that I always saw Shannon doing when I was new at one pocket-- what a weapon ! Use them all the time now and the cb path is very predictable.... Next was bugs kicking safe on balls near the opponents pocket -- he did that more than anyone I ever saw..... 3rd was seeing cornbread red take out a bunch of balls, sending them ALL to his side-- that's like playing a 4 ball combo and knowing where each ball will end up!! Amazing! And finally, when kicking a ball out near your opponents pocket, u make sure to hit it so it goes on your side of the table..... I learned all these moves when my op game was very weak, and they helped me get better..... Let's hear yours!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
A takeout -- usually when only one or two balls are left -- that sends OB and CB each 3 rails to near the opposite sides of the top rail, I learned from Gabe Owen.

A double-kiss takeout that sends OB toward my side and CB toward the stack or leaves it near his pocket, depending upon where other balls are, I learned from Grady.

The most valuable "shot" I ever learned I learned after a couple of sets with Allen Hopkins: "F**k you, I quit."

GriffinG

Verified Member
From
NW Indiana

Love the idea here. Would really like to see some diagrams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
A double-kiss takeout that sends OB toward my side and CB toward the stack or leaves it near his pocket, depending upon where other balls are, I learned from Grady.

I'm having a hard time seeing this one.
Any chance you could draw it up?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm having a hard time seeing this one.
Any chance you could draw it up?

I've tried drawing, but I'm told it's an IQ problem.

Visualize your CB near the middle of the table. He has a ball almost in the jaws, but covering half the outside of the pocket. You shoot ball-longrail-ball to double kiss his ball. Sometimes your angle lets you choose how much of the OB you hit on the double kiss. If you hit it solid it goes toward your pocket and the CB stays there; if you hit 2/3 of it, it goes toward your side and CB goes toward the stack.

Best I can do.

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX

Visualize your CB near the middle of the table. He has a ball almost in the jaws, but covering half the outside of the pocket. You shoot ball-longrail-ball to double kiss his ball. Sometimes your angle lets you choose how much of the OB you hit on the double kiss. If you hit it solid it goes toward your pocket and the CB stays there; if you hit 2/3 of it, it goes toward your side and CB goes toward the stack.

Best I can do.

That helps.
Thanks.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Best I can do.
thanks for the explanation john

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
A takeout -- usually when only one or two balls are left -- that sends OB and CB each 3 rails to near the opposite sides of the top rail, I learned from Gabe Owen.

"

could you explain this one alittle more too..pretty please....:D

youngstown

Verified Member

Both balls go short long long and maybe short again?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Heh.

Good thing you said "pretty please." :p

OB is just outside op's pocket on the bottom rail. CB is somewhere close to straight up table. Cut OB toward his pocket with low outside. CB goes 3-4 rails to the top corner on his side OB goes 2-3 rails to the opposite top corner. You're trying to get them straight across from each other at the top end. No offensive value, a plain ole safety play.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Heh.

Good thing you said "pretty please." :p

OB is just outside op's pocket on the bottom rail. CB is somewhere close to straight up table. Cut OB toward his pocket with low outside. CB goes 3-4 rails to the top corner on his side OB goes 2-3 rails to the opposite top corner. You're trying to get them straight across from each other at the top end. No offensive value, a plain ole safety play.

thanks for the reply
i was thinking you meant with the ball IN THE POCKET
thats why i asked
that response you described is speed sensitive for me
if the cue ball doesnt get right you leave a 1 or 2 rail bank

Cory in dc

Verified Member

The most valuable "shot" I ever learned I learned after a couple of sets with Allen Hopkins: "F**k you, I quit."

While you're at it, can you explain this one too?