Another cool Double kiss

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
I learned this one from Russell Parsons. I wouldn't have thought of this in a million years lol.

You can't bank the 12 back because of the cluster and can't 2 rail it as it is a scratch. Hit straight into the face of the ball with some high right. The cue will miss the pocket and go back that top rail. The OB will follow the path shown and 2 rail to your hole. It must pick up some English from the kiss because it does spin off the long rail. Medium speed. Of course it doesn't always go but gets nice and close. The hardest part of this shot for me was forcing the double kiss since avoiding them is so ingrained. Also getting over the thought that it is a definite scratch in the corner.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398041535.601639.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1398041544.218107.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cool shot. I'll try it as soon as I get a chance. Great shot even if you can get it close to your hole.
I've shot this some, best thing is the CB stays where you are, worst thing is you have to hit more ball than you think. The shot is good if the CB and OB are on the tits. :)
Rod,

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
"Nurse" Shot

"Nurse" Shot

Here's a "double kiss nurse shot" demonstrated by Bob Jewett in [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2enopvFnTno"]this video[/ame].

Here's the layout. The 1 ball is made straight into the nearby (lower right) corner pocket. A useful 1-pocket shot that takes some practice, but isn't that hard once you get it.

View attachment 12894

pj
chgo

Attachments

• nurse shot.jpg
    nurse shot.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 0

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
I NEVER said it did, you posted the video, NOT me! :frus

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
Don't know what you're offended by, Bill. No disagreement or offense intended.

[EDIT: Maybe you saw my first version of the post? I changed it right away because I thought it might be taken the wrong way. Guess I was right. Sorry 'bout that.]

pj
chgo

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
If you interpret my reply as being "offended", then the fault in understanding it lies with you!

Respectfully;
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
Why does anybody have to be at fault? Like I said, no offense intended or taken.

P.S. Maybe a visit to my website: http://mr3cushion.com would give you my idea and thoughts on the "carom" games.
Been there, done that. I respect your thoughts and your game - watched you play many times at Chris's.

pj
chgo

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Why does anybody have to be at fault? Like I said, no offense intended or taken.

Been there, done that. I respect your thoughts and your game - watched you play many times at Chris's.

pj
chgo

In the 25 years I played at "Chris's", I don't remember seeing you, meeting you or knowing of you ever being there. I'm sure in all those years someone that you or I mutually know would of introduced us to each other. I never ever knew you were even from Chicago until just recently, when after being a member here for so many years, and you're just now posting on a regular basis in the last week or so.

But, NO BIGGY, this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion on the threads that are presented by members. I just think this shot is simplistic in its conception, that's all!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
In the 25 years I played at "Chris's", I don't remember seeing you, meeting you or knowing of you ever being there. I'm sure in all those years someone that you or I mutually know would of introduced us to each other. I never ever knew you were even from Chicago until just recently, when after being a member here for so many years, and you're just now posting on a regular basis in the last week or so.

But, NO BIGGY, this is a public forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion on the threads that are presented by members. I just think this shot is simplistic in its conception, that's all!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
I played at Chris's almost daily from the mid-90s to about 2005. We never met or talked, but I always thought you played great and were a nice guy. I still think you played great.

pj
chgo

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Another cool Double kiss

Here's a "double kiss nurse shot" demonstrated by Bob Jewett in this video.

Here's the layout. The 1 ball is made straight into the nearby (lower right) corner pocket. A useful 1-pocket shot that takes some practice, but isn't that hard once you get it.

View attachment 12894

pj

chgo

Thanks for the contribution, Patrick. It may be simplistic, but I have never practiced this for 1p, and I will now.

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Thanks for the contribution, Patrick. It may be simplistic, but I have never practiced this for 1p, and I will now.
It's actually no more simplistic than other double kiss shots. They all work approximately the same way, but with others it's harder to tell what's happening because the OB is closer to the rail and the kiss happens too quickly to follow - that's why slomo video of those shots is so interesting.

This one isn't more simplistic; it's just more obvious what happens because of the distance from the rail. But it is like the others in that it's a useful technique that isn't known by most players.

pj
chgo