Wssd

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Scott needs 6, his shot. What should he do?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Wssd

One rail the 15 while bringing the cube all three rails around for the 13 on the bottom rail.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
This is a very tough layout for the shooter. There are several safeties, but they don't really get you much, except possibly closer to your work for the next inning.

He could shoot the two-rail bank on the 13, but it's a difficult hit from his position, and it may not go anyway. The ball will come short off the second rail, and I'm not sure what the CB would do.

I'd probably end up shooting a fram shot using the 7 ball, or perhaps even kicking from below the 1. It's hard to tell where they'd all end up, but the opponent does need three. On the other hand, I might end up taking one of those survival safeties.;)

I'm sure Scott does something fantastic.

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
One rail the 15 while bringing the cube all three rails around for the 13 on the bottom rail.

Looks like everything has to go perfect for him to get 3 balls. I don't like the risk/reward ratio even for Scott. If he doesn't make the bank (is it less than 50%?) good chance of leaving a cross-corner.

In other words, I read your tagline and took it to heart. :heh

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Make the one and three collide in such a way that they go toward your side and bring the cue back up.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Hit 3ball straight on stick cue ball banking 3 off rail into top of 1 ball might make 13 ball if not you get the 3 and one out.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Make the one and three collide in such a way that they go toward your side and bring the cue back up.

Damn! That's cool, and looks very workable (except I don't think CB is going that long... I think you have to apply LHE to make the CB run... side pocket might even be a problem, but I still like it... the 3 has a chance to go.)

Edit: Nuts!! Tried it five times and never got a good result. Others might.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Hit 3ball straight on stick cue ball banking 3 off rail into top of 1 ball might make 13 ball if not you get the 3 and one out.

Eddie, Bingo! In my book you've got a winner. This is definitely the shot I would play from here. You need six and all the balls favor your opponent. In other words, you've got a loser on your hands as it stands right now. Your best bet is the shot you describe and if you are lucky enough to scrape something into your hole from here you can turn defeat into victory so there is very little you have to lose if the shot fails.

You could always get lucky and clear the three and one, maybe even the thirteen and come up with a good safety.
Hell, there is nothing else you can do that won't lead to more trouble than you are in now, so......
I say "You may fire when ready, Gridley!"

Tom

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Eddie, Bingo! In my book you've got a winner. This is definitely the shot I would play from here. You need six and all the balls favor your opponent. In other words, you've got a loser on your hands as it stands right now. Your best bet is the shot you describe and if you are lucky enough to scrape something into your hole from here you can turn defeat into victory so there is very little you have to lose if the shot fails.

You could always get lucky and clear the three and one, maybe even the thirteen and come up with a good safety.
Hell, there is nothing else you can do that won't lead to more trouble than you are in now, so......
I say "You may fire when ready, Gridley!"

Tom

That far away, and CB that close to the rail, I won't hit the 3 very well very often. I'm probably better off rolling on the 1 here and hoping I can frustrate op later.

However, as I look again, there's a good chance of a good result even with a so-so hit. Maybe I will go for the cheese with Gridley's shot. :)

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
That far away, and CB that close to the rail, I won't hit the 3 very well very often. I'm probably better off rolling on the 1 here and hoping I can frustrate op later.

However, as I look again, there's a good chance of a good result even with a so-so hit. Maybe I will go for the cheese with Gridley's shot. :)

Buy your own HOTDOGS.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Scott tried the 3 ball shot, but it came straight out and left the 1 behind. Because of being jacked up on the rail, holding whitey was also an issue and he sold out. He lost this game shortly thereafter.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Rail ball at the 3, come 4-5 rails possibly land behind the 15. You'll get a ball for sure to your side, might get some kinda play outta that striper sittin' on the foot rail. Definitely a tough spot....what I like, is this shot allows the shooter pretty good speed control, gettin' whitey back to the head rail and no chance of scratching.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Brutal spot that Scott was in. The shot he chose was real hard to execute from that distance.. I dont know if I would have chose that but maybe... the only other shot that I see with game winning potential is..... firing the 7/4 into the balls and at the same time with left english caroming the cue ball and try spinning the 13 ball in with the cue ball... Lots of balls moving and you may make one..

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Brutal spot that Scott was in. The shot he chose was real hard to execute from that distance.. I dont know if I would have chose that but maybe... the only other shot that I see with game winning potential is..... firing the 7/4 into the balls and at the same time with left english caroming the cue ball and try spinning the 13 ball in with the cue ball... Lots of balls moving and you may make one..

Yeah, if I'm going to go for it, I would do this as well. I also considered the 1 rail kick into the bottom of the 1 ball but it has to be hit very well.