You are Bottom Left

youngstown

Verified Member
WWYD

MM

keoneyo

Verified Member
Slow rolling the 6 to make the 3. You got 6 open balls. You make the 3 and you are knock knock knocking on heavens door.

El Chapo

Verified Member
I would shoot the 2 into the 3 and roll up to where the 6 doubles up the 15. You gotta be lickin you chops in spots like this and going after the game, especially since you can win and it’s really hard to lose. A big mistake in my opinion is moving from here... 80% of the time you start moving and in about 5 shots from now the game looks even and your position has dwindled. You gotta shoot these balls in the hole when you’re staring at them imo.

J.R.

Verified Member
From
Chicago, Illinois
In the mindset of trying my best to protect the 3-ball that is nearest my pocket, I would bank the 14-ball toward the middle of the table which would be another blocker.

The 6-3 ball combination seems viable except that the 13-12 ball combination is headed to my opponent's pocket should I miss. Then the game could easily change in my opponent's favor.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Yep, shoot the 6 ball at the 3, if you feel certain Jojo will pass between the 15 and 13. Banking the 14 is okay also, and you might be able to make a better stroke for that. Better than being on the rail.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I have been playing pretty good lately so I probably shoot the 6 3 but a month ago I was all over the place because of health so I would have probably played the bank or kick on the 14 trying to block the 3 from him..
If you don't learn to adjust your game you will lose a lot of times when you could have won, even when you were not supposed to.
There is another shot here if you have practiced it enough to hit it confidently and well.. Go rail first to the 2 and play the combination on the 3 , that keeps hitting the 15 or 13 12 combo to his hole out of the equation, and leaves probable blockers between him and any balls near your hole, if you miss.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Instead of banking directly at the 14, what I see is to kick the 14 across, getting under it enough that the cue ball naturally slides down the rail a little. Looks like an easier way to control the cue ball than banking to me...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I do like the bank/kick on the 14 but also if I am hitting them good I love the 6/3 combo.

As another option, you could bank the 7 ball 3 rails long and roll the CB forward to the bottom rail and then back up behind the stack to protect the 3 ball.

sausage

Suspended
the 13/12 is almost dead in your opponents pocket and must be taken into consideration before you shoot. if you miss the long combo and leave whitey below the stack that combo will spread the balls wide open for "the other guy".

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
Wwyd

Wwyd

Bank the 14 with slight cut to the right and draw the cue back to the top rail. Make your opponent come with a shot off the top rail. A miss from here could cost you the advantage that you have. Let him shoot the circus shot.

baby huey

Verified Member
The master, Efren Reyes had this shot against me. He went rail first on the six ball and kicked it into the three ball and slid the cueball over protecting himself from a sell out. Of course he then proceeded to run out.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Interesting situation, the 6-3 combination will always be a strong consideration because of the way the balls are laying with the 3ball in what we call the "big ball" position. The "big ball" position is when a ball is 1/4" or so from the rail this allows the shooter to hit the shot poorly and still pocket the ball. Yes, you can hit the rail before the ball and pocket it and you can also hit the ball first and pocket it. This particular layout with the 3ball positioned so close to the pocket and also laying in the "big ball" position makes this option very, very, inviting.

Banking the 14ball is the other consideration for many but how do we bank it is the question? In this situation, the way the balls are laying and particularly how the angle presents itself to go to the pocket with the bank is tricky because of controlling the cue ball, which is the "key" to this option. If I were to choose the 14ball option I wouldn't bank it to go toward the pocket because of the angle it lays on, I would bank it to go toward the 6ball and follow through the 14ball which would position the cue ball in a much better area on the table protecting my 3ball.

If you are going all out with the combo I understand that because of the explanation above, however, if you are choosing the 14ball then you shouldn't go all out because you may lose your superior position by allowing your opponent back at the table with options, you should play a better cue ball.

Dr. Bill

keoneyo

Verified Member
Interesting situation, the 6-3 combination will always be a strong consideration because of the way the balls are laying with the 3ball in what we call the "big ball" position. The "big ball" position is when a ball is 1/4" or so from the rail this allows the shooter to hit the shot poorly and still pocket the ball. Yes, you can hit the rail before the ball and pocket it and you can also hit the ball first and pocket it. This particular layout with the 3ball positioned so close to the pocket and also laying in the "big ball" position makes this option very, very, inviting.

Banking the 14ball is the other consideration for many but how do we bank it is the question? In this situation, the way the balls are laying and particularly how the angle presents itself to go to the pocket with the bank is tricky because of controlling the cue ball, which is the "key" to this option. If I were to choose the 14ball option I wouldn't bank it to go toward the pocket because of the angle it lays on, I would bank it to go toward the 6ball and follow through the 14ball which would position the cue ball in a much better area on the table protecting my 3ball.

If you are going all out with the combo I understand that because of the explanation above, however, if you are choosing the 14ball then you shouldn't go all out because you may lose your superior position by allowing your opponent back at the table with options, you should play a better cue ball.

Dr. Bill

Glad to see you back in fine form, Dr Bill! I agree with you a 100% here.

keoneyo

Verified Member
The master, Efren Reyes had this shot against me. He went rail first on the six ball and kicked it into the three ball and slid the cueball over protecting himself from a sell out. Of course he then proceeded to run out.
Jerry I think you meant kicking the 2 ball?
Sorry I missed you at HOB. All reports were that you played solid with the Chiropractor.

bstroud

Verified Member
I think Billy pointed our most of the options.

I can’t tell from the pic but if the 14 is off the rail you can just kick and stop the cue ball.

I am a very aggressive player and would love to shoot the combo but looking at the cue ball and the fact you are in a strong position, I would pass.

Bill S.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Rail first kicking the 14. CB doubles off the long rail after the kick and comes to rest on the stack.