Looking for stills of breaks

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
u12armresl said:
A few I took on my camera.

nice pics and good breaks. as someone else suggested . pick one and put it up for discussion.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thanks for the replies.

I don't really want to pick one for discussion. I'm putting a ton of energy into getting this picture book made (with opinions) and just wanted to put up some pics to show people that I am indeed working on it also.

If you have ANY pics please let me know, 1, 2, quantity doesn't matter.

u12armresl

Verified Member
Hi.

Yes I believe they are I's. The owner tightened them up nicely though and it's one of the better tables in the state. Lots of action on it.

Guess I meant the cueball got away from me on that break and I hit them really hard.

gulfportdoc said:
Geez, I don't know about THAT, u12. I think I'd take that break anytime I was breaking!

BTW, are those tables with the ashtrays old GC-I's? They have a couple of those over in Mobile. Great tables, but there the corner pockets are too wide. I imagine they came standard with 5" corner pockets.

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
u12armresl said:
Thanks for the replies.

I don't really want to pick one for discussion. I'm putting a ton of energy into getting this picture book made (with opinions) and just wanted to put up some pics to show people that I am indeed working on it also.

If you have ANY pics please let me know, 1, 2, quantity doesn't matter.

Heres 2 I haven't posted'
Rod.
PS, As you can see I always rack the balls with the bright colors on the corners and three stripes in front. They're usually the same size.

break'em 003.jpg

break'em 004.jpg

u12armresl

Verified Member
Thanks. Two more added to the book.

Also, if you would like to comment on various breaks, I'm looking for 3 skill levels to comment. Intermediate, shortstop, pro. I think I have 2 pros which are going to comment, need intermediate players and shortstops.

I'm still a few hundred pics away from completion on the picture part, then I need to format, etc.

If you're playing at the hall, you can at least snap pics of your opponents break as it's your shot, I find it hard a lot of time to take pics of my own breaks because I'm asking the person to wait while I do so. (but I've gotten a few)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
androd said:
...As you can see I always rack the balls with the bright colors on the corners and three stripes in front. They're usually the same size.
I'm like you, Rod. I generally rack the 11 thru 14 balls in the apex, which is almost essential with older balls due to the size difference. If the balls are new, it doesn't matter so much. Also, even a good Diamond or oak rack usually has a "snug" corner.

It's beneficial to rack two contrasting colors of the two balls you'll use to aim at. I like the 14/11, or 14/13. Or a guy can rotate the second ball so that the white is showing against the green of the front ball (or vice-versa). Gives a nice contrast for old eyes...

That's a good tip about the bright colored balls racked in the corner toward your pocket! I'd guess I'd also want to put the 8 and 6 balls towards his!:cool:

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
gulfportdoc said:
I'm like you, Rod. I generally rack the 11 thru 14 balls in the apex, which is almost essential with older balls due to the size difference. If the balls are new, it doesn't matter so much. Also, even a good Diamond or oak rack usually has a "snug" corner.

It's beneficial to rack two contrasting colors of the two balls you'll use to aim at. I like the 14/11, or 14/13. Or a guy can rotate the second ball so that the white is showing against the green of the front ball (or vice-versa). Gives a nice contrast for old eyes...

That's a good tip about the bright colored balls racked in the corner toward your pocket! I'd guess I'd also want to put the 8 and 6 balls towards his!:cool:

Doc

I put'em on both corners because my first shot is usually towards his pocket. I prefer not to follow any long rail banks up table on my first shot. If I can't get the CB across the table behind the stack I shoot something else.
Rod.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
androd said:
I put'em on both corners because my first shot is usually towards his pocket. I prefer not to follow any long rail banks up table on my first shot. If I can't get the CB across the table behind the stack I shoot something else.
Rod.

You cagey old veterans... you guys think of everything:)

I"ve never had anyone share that info before.... nice!

So U12... what was it again you were doing??? Are you making a book or something, of onepocket breaks and how to get out of them, with commentary from several levels of players to go along with each example?

u12armresl

Verified Member
Putting together an etype book of breaks and opinions on what different levels would do after the break. If you want to just look at the pics and think what would you do that is fine, or if you read on you can see what people of varying levels would do.

It's going very slow, but all I can do is take pics of the very few times I can play and ask others for pics.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
androd said:
Heres 2 I haven't posted'
Rod.
PS, As you can see I always rack the balls with the bright colors on the corners and three stripes in front. They're usually the same size.

View attachment 960

View attachment 961

Rod,

That appears to be a beautiful shade of green shag carpet on your pet table...is that some sort of "trap" ?.:cool: (or is it just the lighting)

Ducko <---likes memories of clay balls, and thick, fuzzy felt, that needs mowing occasionally...:D

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
Rod,

That appears to be a beautiful shade of green shag carpet on your pet table...is that some sort of "trap" ?.:cool: (or is it just the lighting)

Ducko <---likes memories of clay balls, and thick, fuzzy felt, that needs mowing occasionally...:D

Duck, It's not a fast table, but it's the fastest one in the joint. It doesn't really matter, nobody comes around to play very often.
Rod. <----- feels kinda ignored. I'm no challenge I guess.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Here's one of my breaks. He got completely away. He left me jacked up over the 1 ball. I tried to tip the 13 ball without kissing and my CB hit the bottom of the 4 ball and scratched.
Rod.

Attachments

• break'em 001.jpg
    break'em 001.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 0

u12armresl

Verified Member
Tough break, I'd try to leave near the 1 knowing that I leave a bank on the 11.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
androd said:
Here's one of my breaks. He got completely away. He left me jacked up over the 1 ball. I tried to tip the 13 ball without kissing and my CB hit the bottom of the 4 ball and scratched.
Well at least he didn't have anything to shoot at from the Kitchen! Did he take out your 1 & 13 balls next? I don't know how y'all remember these game details. I hardly ever remember any situations from games that I've played in. Maybe that tells me something...

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
gulfportdoc said:
Well at least he didn't have anything to shoot at from the Kitchen! Did he take out your 1 & 13 balls next? I don't know how y'all remember these game details. I hardly ever remember any situations from games that I've played in. Maybe that tells me something...

Doc

Yep that's what happened. The 13 ball came up near the 1 ball. He hit the 1 ball 2 rails into the stack and the CB caromed the 13 towards his pocket. I ended with no shot. :mad:
Rod.