I Wanted To Throw Up After Losing This Game Tonight

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I Wanted To Throw Up After Losing This Game Tonight...

...especially since we were even after playing for 5 hours, and we agreed to play just 2 more games...this was the first game of those last 2 games...I have pocket A, I'm ahead 7-0, it's my shot - and I never shoot again, after shooting from here - he ran 8 and out..:eek:..:(..:mad:...

...if anybody wants to guess what I shot, or how he got out, go ahead...I'll tell you tomorrow, although I hate having to relive it...:(

- Ghost

PS, And naturally, after the indignity and horrible luck in my losing this game, I lost the next game to end up 2 games stuck for the day...:(

PPS, In hold em', this is what you call a real bad beat.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Well you know me, I'm gonna shoot the wrong shot and two rail the cue ball into the balls that are spotted up.

Ghost, Ghost, Ghost, you might as well turn into a "play for time?" billiard player.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
P.S. You might want to change your location in your profile for a while before one of them does happen to walk in.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
stevelomako said:
Well you know me, I'm gonna shoot the wrong shot and two rail the cue ball into the balls that are spotted up.

Ghost, Ghost, Ghost, you might as well turn into a "play for time?" billiard player.

LOL.

stevelomako said:
P.S. You might want to change your location in your profile for a while before one of them does happen to walk in.

LOL.

- Goast

u12armresl

Verified Member
I'd guess you tried the combo it didn't go, it left him the rail shot on the 3 ball, which he took, natural English off the rail shot barely breaks up all the head-string balls and its a simple drill to make a ball come down one or back 2 rails and shoot the next ball.

Played a bank on 2 balls on your rail or at least one.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
One Pocket Ghost said:
I Wanted To Throw Up After Losing This Game Tonight...

...especially since we were even after playing for 5 hours, and we agreed to play just 2 more games...this was the first game of those last 2 games...I have pocket A, I'm ahead 7-0, it's my shot - and I never shoot again, after shooting from here - he ran 8 and out..:eek:..:(..:mad:...

...if anybody wants to guess what I shot, or how he got out, go ahead...I'll tell you tomorrow, although I hate having to relive it...:(

- Ghost

PS, And naturally, after the indignity and horrible luck in losing this game, I lost the next game to end up 2 games stuck for the day...:(

PPS, In hold em', this is what they call a real bad beat.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs@[/CUETABLE]

I don't see how you can get anything out of play here. I'd kick 2 rails into the line of balls sending whitey back down to the bottom rail. If he gets out from there he'll just have to take it on down.

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
blackeee said:
I don't see how you can get anything out of play here. I'd kick 2 rails into the line of balls sending whitey back down to the bottom rail. If he gets out from there he'll just have to take it on down.

Myself, I wouldn't want to open up those line of balls on the headstring. I'd try kicking into the 3ball and hoping the cue ball would come back to where it was uptable. But then again, I'm no doctor.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The "Must do" shot.

The "Must do" shot.

demonrho said:
Myself, I wouldn't want to open up those line of balls on the headstring. I'd try kicking into the 3ball and hoping the cue ball would come back to where it was uptable. But then again, I'm no doctor.

With any big lead, in this case 7 to 0, the Must Do shot here is kicking 2 rails at that line of balls. I will explain the reason and the principle behind it. When you have a substantial lead in One pocket and also Bank Pool, the principle to be followed is that when you are trying to "clean up," and take balls out of play, you must not allow balls to accumulate on the spot. When there are two or more balls on the spot it is extremely difficult to move those balls out of play. If they remain there, then they are always available for your oppo to make and get back in the game. If the balls are already on the spot, you must try and jostle them open at the very first opportunity. In this case the 2 rail kick is an automatic option. To carry the thought further, if there is only 1 ball on the spot you should consider moving it as soon as possible because it is usually very easy for your oppo to shoot some other ball into a pocket to add to the spot and begin the accumulation process.

Conversely if you are behind, then you want to do all you can to get balls accumulated on the spot.

This is a very strong strategy principle that will allow you to control the tempo of the game.

Beard

I dont know what the Ghost did, but he certainly should have went 2 rails into the lineup

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
2 cents

2 cents

I'll move the three out to attempt to block the bank tracks on the 13 and the 4. Depending on the table I will leave them either on their side of the spot where they can just see the 12 [carrot dangle] OR way up table near the center diamond and close to or on the end rail. If I sell a cut on the 4, so be it ... on more than one occasion I have forced an opponent to shoot a shot and they, to my respectful dismay, have come with it.

I would not leave him anywhere below the 9 ball.

Ghost probably kicked the three and missed it but left the opponent a shot to make a ball and break up the line-up.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
He might have played a safe off the head ball, and depending on the speed, might have left a bank either on the 4 or 13 balls. I think I would have done this, or possibly tried to shoot off the left edge of the 3-ball and swing the cue ball back up table -- but that looks tough from here. Rolling off the head ball looks doable...

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs4XAMp4XAWk4XAVe2kXox4kAcH4kbaf4kMni@[/CUETABLE]

I think ideally, you would move the 3-ball away and leave the cue ball right there -- but that is (to borrow a Grady-ism, "fraught with peril") -- because of the distance, and if you lose the cue ball at all, you will give up some easy bank or even a straight in shot on 4-ball.

Nicking the left edge of the 3-ball and going back up table with the cue ball is appealing, but if you catch too much of the three, your cue won't get up there and you are bound to leave a bank...or you could accidentally miss the 3-ball entirely, and hit the bottom of that line-up instead.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
stevelomako said:
You know how he hates two-railing the cueball into balls, he probably banked the 4 cross-corner:D .

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
u12armresl said:
I'd guess you tried the combo it didn't go, it left him the rail shot on the 3 ball, which he took, natural English off the rail shot barely breaks up all the head-string balls and its a simple drill to make a ball come down one or back 2 rails and shoot the next ball.

Played a bank on 2 balls on your rail or at least one.

Ah, no - I didn't shoot the combo - I might be crazy..but I'm not stupid...I wouldn't have shot at that combo even if Ross Perot was staking me...:D

- Ghost

PS, I'll show what happened later today.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
PS, after the indignity and horrible luck in losing this game
Well Ghosty, I'll take a shot at it using logic and common sense. Since you mentioned "horrible luck" I must assume that the balls did not go where you shot them. I also must assume that there was an earthquake in Illinois last night(at least 8.3 on the Richter Scale) with it's epicenter located directly below Red Shoes poolroom. I suspect that this earthquake struck as you shot the cueball at the 4 to bank it cross-corner and, naturally, to also carom in the 3 ball and then freeze the cueball to the headrail as I've diagrammed here. I'm guessing the earthquake caused the layout on page two and then what'shisname ran out:eek: .

Please don't tease me any longer, I need to sleep tonight:) .

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs3WGCk3WcQr4XAMp4XbaV3Xcxo2kXox3kCIl3kDYl2kaqJ2kRll@4ASqu4CRES4DUfX4Eako4HbST4IWrF4LNEQ4MWJb4PAnS3QcYs@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
heres the shot
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAEp4EALo4HAMY4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs4UALX3UMJs4XAEp3XAlq3XIeD3XIFA4YALo3YOvy4cAMY3cKxf4dAMH3dOxB2kXox4kbYQ4kPIk4kChk4kByX1kUWi@4AALX3CGCk4DAEp4EALo4HAMY4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs4UALX3UMJs4XAEp3XAlq3XIeD3XIFA4YALo3YOvy4cAMY3cKxf4dAMH3dOxB2kXox4kbYQ4kPIk4kChk4kByX1kUWi@[/CUETABLE]

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ok, here's what happened, and it was a, "Perfect Storm" for Zaksas...

As Steve L., Freddy and blackeee liked, (and I know Papie also liked, although he didn't say - he's not about to publicly agree with Freddy or me after all ;)), and as Dennis guessed I would have shot - I did of course shoot the 2-railer into the lined up balls...

I mean come on...Freddy gave you some of the logic involved in the choice, and also with this shot resulting in me having all of the remaining 8 balls on my side of the table, not far from my pocket, and him 8feet away - it's checkmate, right?...well it is checkmate, unless that is, the Billiard Gods decide that they want to f*ck with you, and have a little chuckle at your expense...:(....

I hit the shot correctly, the cueball rebounded to the bottom left corner area, as desired, but...it just so happened that the balls all spread out cleanly, a small window opened between the 1 and 5 balls just enough for him to see the 13, and the 4 and 8balls left an open window/banking lane to his pocket...so he banked the 13 cross-corner, and ran out on me - banking the 12 ball cross-corner for his 8th ball...

Don't you just love it when you don't screw up - you make a good shot - and then you lose the game...:mad:...

But like the old saying goes - "feces happens"...

Here's the wei-visual >>>

- Goast

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs4UALX3ULLo4XAMp3XCjF4YALp3YJqf4cAMX3cFbi4dAMH3dHvJ2kXox4kcXO4kPxn4kBjB4kBqr4kBin1kREp1kcgH1kYtd@[/CUETABLE]

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Yep, I would have puked after that too.

Or I would have been classy like the 3-cushion billiard professionals and spit on the floor.

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
One Pocket Ghost said:
Ok, here's what happened, and it was a, "Perfect Storm" for Zaksas...

As Steve L., Freddy and blackeee liked, (and I know Papie also liked, although he didn't say - he's not about to publicly agree with Freddy or me after all ;)), and as Dennis guessed I would have shot - I did of course shoot the 2-railer into the lined up balls...

I mean come on...Freddy gave you some of the logic involved in the choice, and also with this shot resulting in me having all of the remaining 8 balls on my side of the table, not far from my pocket, and him 8feet away - it's checkmate, right?...well it is checkmate, unless that is, the Billiard Gods decide that they want to f*ck with you, and have a little chuckle at your expense...:(....

I hit the shot correctly, the cueball rebounded to the bottom left corner area, as desired, but...it just so happened that the balls all spread out cleanly, a small window opened between the 1 and 5 balls just enough for him to see the 13, and the 4 and 8balls left an open window/banking lane to his pocket...so he banked the 13 cross-corner, and ran out on me - banking the 12 ball cross-corner for his 8th ball...

Don't you just love it when you don't screw up - you make a good shot - and then you lose the game...:mad:...

But like the old saying goes - "feces happens"...

Here's the wei-visual >>>

- Goast

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALX3CGCk4DAMp4EALp4HAMX4IAMH3LaAt3MYlf2PXox3QcYs4UALX3ULLo4XAMp3XCjF4YALp3YJqf4cAMX3cFbi4dAMH3dHvJ2kXox4kcXO4kPxn4kBjB4kBqr4kBin1kREp1kcgH1kYtd@[/CUETABLE]

You better sacrifice something to the pool gods. Maybe burn and old cue or something,:)