What to do?

Skin

Verified Member
I banked the 1 one time on a 4 3/4" pocket Brunswick. Made it center pocket and left him corner hooked in my uptable pocket. Wasn't pocket speed, though. ;)

Skin

bstroud

Verified Member
This might be a bad example to use, Stroud also advocating shooting the 2 ball from here to which someone should've asked "what's the hurry".

View attachment 4599

Bill, all of your points are valid and correct. I'm still shooting the 10.

Dennis

Most of my shot selection is based on leverage not "what's the hurry". In the example shown Efferin has all the leverage. If you don't shoot the 2 ball and get position or change the layout significantly he will eventually win the game.

You may never get a shot this good and a chance to win this game.

If I can billiard onto the stripe where I want, I am shooting it. If not I am banking the 11 and putting the cue ball up table. I don't like the shot behind the 8 ball.

Bill S.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
I was thinking about this bet too and would try it against anyone on the forum, I get the first shot to win the game shooting the 10, if I miss then we continue the game to see who wins. If I sell out the bank and they make the hanger and the bank then they need 2 and I still need 1 which I might not like too much. You could play this by the game obviously, no odds with me, any takers? :D

P.S. I play about Dippy's speed. :eek:

He plays Dippy's speed ... Ha ha !

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I also shot the 10 ball shot last night...at my friend's house who has a Gold Crown with 4-1/4" pockets, and pretty new fast cloth (note to Freddy & other Chicago guys who know him - this was at Errol's house)...

I shot it 6 times, and that was enough for me as a quick experiment....well, my experiment turned out in favor of the 10 ball shooters...

I hope this doesn't lose me any action :D but maybe I shoot straighter than I thought - I made it 3 times out of the 6 tries (twice in the middle of the pocket without touching the pocket corners on the way in :eek:) - I made it on my 1st, 3rd, and 5th tries - on all three of my misses I undercutted it, into the long rail......I left a bank on one of my three misses.

- Gho$t

I will take the hit and 2 picks!

Sorry to disappoint you Lenny, but the Ghost is a little harder to trap than SJDuck and Grady...:eek:...

...the Ghost knows your speed, and doesn't overestimate his own - you get 10-8...:heh....:cool:

- Gho$t

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Sorry to disappoint you Lenny, but the Ghost is a little harder to trap than SJDuck and Grady...:eek:...

...the Ghost knows your speed, and doesn't overestimate his own - you get 10-8...:heh....:cool:

- Gho$t

Sorry Ghoats...Lenny is not as dumb as he looks...I have taught him not to mess with people, who won't bet
enough money to burn a "dry parakeet" (think Ghoats) and concentrate on people who have enough money to burn
a "wet water buffalo" (think Duck)...Why do you think he's always firing at me ?..He knows...I ain't no shoeshine boy..:cool:

View attachment 4609

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Sorry Ghoats...Lenny is not as dumb as he looks...I have taught him not to mess with people, who won't bet
enough money to burn a "dry parakeet" (think Ghoats) and concentrate on people who have enough money to burn
a "wet water buffalo"
(think Duck)...Why do you think he's always firing at me ?..He knows...I ain't no shoeshine boy..:cool:

Yeah, your regular bet with him of playing for bottles of Yukon Jack sure is the big bucks...:rolleyes:...:p

- Gh:lolst

PS, And now you're going to be in trouble with Commandant Steve again, for calling the POTUS - 'boy'...:cool:

Last edited: