Most aggressive players?

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
In case you're missing it, great match going on right now from POV Pool.
Tony Chohan vs SVB.
https://www.youtube.com/povpool/live

Watching Tony play it always amazes me how confident and aggressively he shoots. I've never seen someone shoot at their hole with such little regard to how balls are lying in, and around, their opponent's pocket. Even when their opponent is SVB :eek:

There's definitely some other creative and aggressive monsters out there. Deuel comes to mind. I definitely missed out on getting to see some of the 1p greats play. Were there any that had similar balls-to-the-wall style as Tony?

Really looking forward to the Orcollo/Chohan match.

poolisboring

Verified Member
From
toledo
Tony Chohan vs SVB.

Watching Tony play it always amazes me how confident and aggressively he shoots. I've never seen someone shoot at their hole with such little regard to how balls are lying in, and around, their opponent's pocket. Even when their opponent is SVB :eek:

There's definitely some other creative and aggressive monsters out there. Deuel comes to mind. I definitely missed out on getting to see some of the 1p greats play. Were there any that had similar balls-to-the-wall style as Tony?

Really looking forward to the Orcollo/Chohan match.
Ronnie Allen?

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Rafael Martinez, have a look !
I almost wrote Rafael's name instead of Corey's. I have to admit, he's probably my favorite player to watch play. Kind of a guilty pleasure. I don't really learn much from him because I cannot begin to emulate his thinking.

Speaking of him, where has he been? I haven't seen his name in anything in a long time :(

El Chapo

Verified Member
Shanon when he won 91 I think it was legends was all offense. He'd scratch like three times in a game and still win the game I mean it was unbelievable... backcutting every ball, banking at everything, cb flying around the table shooting all out at his hole constantly.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Tony Chohan vs SVB.

There's definitely some other creative and aggressive monsters out there. Deuel comes to mind. I definitely missed out on getting to see some of the 1p greats play. Were there any that had similar balls-to-the-wall style as Tony? ...
I watched the hill/hill match, and was surprised to see Tony sacrifice the match to SVB by missing two fairly easy --for him-- run outs. In both cases he over-rolled the CB.

As far as aggressive players, most of them have been named already. RA of course-- who until Efren came on the scene was the most exciting 1P player to watch. Plus there was also his banter and sharking, which wouldn't be copacetic today. But Danny Diliberto was a very aggressive 1P player-- always looking for the runout. That was definitely his style, but in later years I've wondered if he was so aggressive simply because he wasn't that great of a mover...;)

~Doc

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Rafael was always the answer to that question - until now..:eek:...

The new 'gofer King' is...Jason Shaw...:heh

Have not seen Jason play much I must admit but after watching part of his match against Alex, wow...does he ever play a safety? :)

He literally shoots an offensive shot 99% of the time I think. Granted, he may have one of the most fluent strokes and ball pocketing abilities i have seen in a while but that's not going to get you there against other players who shoot almost as well but also have the 1p knowledge and uses defensive moves to their advantage.

I sure hope he sticks with it and learns more about the intricacies of the game because if he does, watch out, he may be tough to handle for anyone at that point.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Shaw lol, I love his style. I watched him run around 150-160 at the dcc 14.1 challenge. It was one of the highest runs this year the whole time he was talking and joking while smashing the balls like he was warming up for a 9ball match.

Was fun to watch, seemed like he just keeps himself loose by not being too serious and it works for him. Shooting 300 mph, lol was great!