one ball pocket #2

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
in the "standard " 1 ball 1p where the first ball is on the second diamond on the short rail
is the cue ball on the head spot or ball in hand behind the kitchen?
here is the pic i mean
please ignore the pic of the object ball on the spot
i didnt know how to erase the pic....:eek:...:eek:....:eek:
1p3.jpg

Attachments

• one ball 1p2.jpg
    one ball 1p2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im going to change the pic to put the object ball on the middle diamond of the foot rail

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I've always played ball in hand in the kitchen. You must play safe the first shot.
Rod.
P.S. As I've said before, it's the fastest, most tiring pool game. It's your shot or your rack every other turn. :eek:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
We always played object ball on the rail on the middle spot and the cue ball on the rail at the middle spot at the opposite end.

We also played winner breaks and breaking was a disadvantage.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
another question
in one ball one pocket if you scrach does another ball get spotted or do you have to make the only ball twice??

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
one ball pocket #2

another question

in one ball one pocket if you scrach does another ball get spotted or do you have to make the only ball twice??

When I've played it, the other guy gets ball in hand so the game is usually over after their turn. I don't believe that you owe a ball. Just BIH.

keoneyo

Verified Member
When I've played it, the other guy gets ball in hand so the game is usually over after their turn. I don't believe that you owe a ball. Just BIH.

Ok but if your opponent leaves a ball deep in his hole can you follow it in with the CB and does it spot up with opponent having BIH?
I dont think I could accept that rule.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
one ball pocket #2

Ok but if your opponent leaves a ball deep in his hole can you follow it in with the CB and does it spot up with opponent having BIH?

I dont think I could accept that rule.

Yes. That's the way they do it in philly.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
thanks guys for the responces
fwiw
the oklahoma guy said when he played it in oklahoma along time ago
a ball spotted if you scratched
now you needed both balls and had to defend both balls because your oponent only needed one
its only when he got to florida did he discover starting a different way and not bringing a ball up when you scratch

keoneyo

Verified Member
This being a short one-ball game, you-scratch you-lose is not an unreasonable rule to me. Don't scratch :).

tree

Some of the longest games Ive seen or been in is the one ball game. The intentional scratch (dumping whitey into the drink with a ball) is one of a one pocket players weapon. One pocket being a moving and strategy game.
If youre going to make scratching a loss you should use the 8 ball and call it one pocket 8 ball or something to that effect.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
This being a short one-ball game, you-scratch you-lose is not an unreasonable rule to me. Don't scratch :).

tree

I agree treeMan. A player should play either way. Just play for low bets until you get the hang of it and then increase your wager incrementally as your awareness and confidence about the game rises. A scratch you lose scenario would obviously cause a change in your tactics and shot selections from time to time..

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
one ball pocket #2

Some of the longest games Ive seen or been in is the one ball game. The intentional scratch (dumping whitey into the drink with a ball) is one of a one pocket players weapon. One pocket being a moving and strategy game.

If youre going to make scratching a loss you should use the 8 ball and call it one pocket 8 ball or something to that effect.

In Philly they just call it "One ball".

keoneyo

Verified Member
Yes. That's the way they do it in philly.

Speaking of Philly, the home of back pocket 9 ball, what happens when your opponent has the 9 deep in his hole?
If you intentionally scratch while pocketing the ball does your opponent have ball in hand?
Gonna give my buddy John Cornflakes Hennigan a call.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
one ball pocket #2

Speaking of Philly, the home of back pocket 9 ball, what happens when your opponent has the 9 deep in his hole?

If you intentionally scratch while pocketing the ball does your opponent have ball in hand?

Gonna give my buddy John Cornflakes Hennigan a call.

Yes. Ball in hand. That's exactly what happens.

Cornflakes is a legend round these parts. I've never met him but fantastic stories. Guy is big time!