Add some shots?!

Will Sendit

Steve has anyone sent any shots for the Great Shots! page on the Playing The Game menu. Anyhoo, heres one of my favorites.

START(
%AO0C9%Ea4D0%PH8D1%QA8A8%Ui9D6%VS4[2%Wr8Q8%XO8C4%Yk0Z9%Zs2R4
%[D3D2%\j0[3%eC4a5%f6%g7%_S8Z7%`P7F8%aH4C9
)END

I'm not great with the WEI thing but all should get the point.

This shot comes up occasionally late in the game and it's a real ballbuster to your opponent. Load the cue up with extreme sidespin, this case right, I use somewhat of a pinch stroke on this. Slide to the side rail, the spin opens the CB up off the side rail and moves up table. Whitey generally parks itself nicely behind the 5 ball leaving a snooker on the 1 ball if it doesn't go. I have had nothing but success with this jewel. The first time I used this shot in play I made the 1 and got out, hill hill for a dime. The opponent was so irked he went to his pocket and promptly said heads or tails :D . Elvis left the building another set heavy !

I love the site & board and applaud your effort! It would be nice if others contribute some shots to the Great Shot's! gallery.

Sincerely,
Will

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Will Sendit said:
Steve has anyone sent any shots for the Great Shots! page on the Playing The Game menu. Anyhoo, heres one of my favorites.

START(
)END

I'm not great with the WEI thing but all should get the point.

This shot comes up occasionally late in the game and it's a real ballbuster to your opponent. Load the cue up with extreme sidespin, this case right, I use somewhat of a pinch stroke on this. Slide to the side rail, the spin opens the CB up off the side rail and moves up table. Whitey generally parks itself nicely behind the 5 ball leaving a snooker on the 1 ball if it doesn't go. I have had nothing but success with this jewel. The first time I used this shot in play I made the 1 and got out, hill hill for a dime. The opponent was so irked he went to his pocket and promptly said heads or tails :D . Elvis left the building another set heavy !

I love the site & board and applaud your effort! It would be nice if others contribute some shots to the Great Shot's! gallery.

Sincerely,
Will
Will, thanks for your support! The Great Shots! page is still under construction, as you can see :) , while the format and organization gets worked out. We have already got a number of great shots via the WEI tool, and indeed those will be the first to go up.

For that shot of yours I use low inside ('helping') english to help swing the object ball around the table, and to help avoid losing the cue ball. I've also been amazed at how close to pocket A the object ball can be, and still have plenty of room to turn the corner at the other end of the table to make the shot 3-rails. Especially if the ball is frozen to the side rail, which seems to increase the way the juice takes. Like this -- 1-ball frozen to the long rail, just a couple of inches from the pocket corner:

START(
%AF1C9%EX2D4%KX2F2%PC9C8%QA8A8%Ue8E0%VK9Z8%Wr0W0%XG2D0%Yl8Z9
%Zr3W6%[F5E8%\j9[3%eA6a8%f5%g7%_K7Z2%`K5J9%aF7D9
)END

I haven't tried it that low in a serious game however, nor have I tried it on a table that plays long!

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
:eek: I'm with Steve. The path you have indicated for the cue ball certainly calls for left English. I can't imagine any way to get there with 'right'. Isn't that what you intended to say?

crawdaddio

Verified Member
From
Urbana, IL
quote:
For that shot of yours I use low inside ('helping') english to help swing the object ball around the table, and to help avoid losing the cue ball. I've also been amazed at how close to pocket A the object ball can be, and still have plenty of room to turn the corner at the other end of the table to make the shot 3-rails. Especially if the ball is frozen to the side rail, which seems to increase the way the juice takes. Like this -- 1-ball frozen to the long rail, just a couple of inches from the pocket corner:

START(
%AF1C9%EX2D4%KX2F2%PC9C8%QA8A8%Ue8E0%VK9Z8%Wr0W0%XG2D0%Yl8Z9
%Zr3W6%[F5E8%\j9[3%eA6a8%f5%g7%_K7Z2%`K5J9%aF7D9
)END

I haven't tried it that low in a serious game however, nor have I tried it on a table that plays long![/QUOTE]

That's a great shot, I'm gonna have to try it now :rolleyes: Do you play the q ball slightly off the rail first? -DC

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
crawdaddio said:
That's a great shot, I'm gonna have to try it now :rolleyes: Do you play the q ball slightly off the rail first? -DC
It's a little easier to get your cue tip in there if the cue ball is in the middle of the jaws -- though you still need to elevate. The aiming point is somewhere around a half ball -- try that to start. Of course you would lose the game if you accidentally made the ball in the far corner 'C' -- they'd end up with a straight in shot for their pocket B!

START(
%AN8O5%EX2D4%KX2F2%Pg5D1%QA8A8%RA7[4%Ss3[2%Ue8E0%VK9Z8%Wr2Z4
%XG2D0%eA6a8%f5%g7%_K7Z2%`K5J9%aF7D9
)END

Good time to keep in mind the concept of aiming to miss on the professional side :)

Troy

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I posted a similar shot a while ago, but I use inside english.
Three important things about this shot - 1) Missing the side-pocket scratch,
2) Missing the kiss, and 3) Speed.

Will Sendit said:
START(
)END

Will Sendit

NH Steve said:
For that shot of yours I use low inside ('helping') english to help swing the object ball around the table, and to help avoid losing the cue ball.

That was a definite brainfart on my part, the way I laid it out definitely calls for inside (left) english. I must have been delirious from the heat.

Will