Member Tourney question -- Start time??

Cory in dc

Verified Member
I was just about to book my flight to get in late on Friday night when I decided to double check the flyer. It looks like Round 1 is on Friday night, but I remember the plan being to get some matches in on Friday where possible in order to get a head start, but to have the official starting time be Saturday at 10:00 am.

I was out of town for a month so it's my fault for missing the details.

In any case, here's my question: can I arrive late on Friday night without forfeiting? I would land at 9:50 pm, so I'd get to Lacy's around 11 if all goes well? I might be able to come earlier in a pinch.

Thanks,
Cory

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
As I understand it, if both players are present and drew first round matches vs each other, they will play to help speed things along. However if one of the players is not there until Saturday, they do not forfeit.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
As I understand it, if both players are present and drew first round matches vs each other, they will play to help speed things along. However if one of the players is not there until Saturday, they do not forfeit.

FWIW, that's the way I understand it.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Ok, I"m booked. Who wants to play at midnight?

Do cues still have to be checked? That will add a little time.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Ok, I"m booked. Who wants to play at midnight?

Do cues still have to be checked? That will add a little time.

Yes, check your cue. Although I have seen a cue being carried, someone at TSA screwed up. It's clearly listed as a prohibited item