Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2016, 01:42 AM
Verified Member

Default Efren at Santa Monica - Played Magdy

Wow - A pretty good match happened today at Santa Monica House Of Billiards.

Efren was giving Magdy 11-6 and when I got there they were even (1 set each) at race to 3. It seemed that Efren was a little off his game today but seriously, I watched Magdy make some pretty tough choices to play long banks when Efren had him stuck behind balls and no way to take out of his pocket. Magdy hit a long 7 ball bank and almost ran out the last game of the 3rd set, and after another 10 minutes of 'end game' Magdy came up one set ahead.

I believe Magdy ended up 2 sets ahead but Efren managed to find his game and set the score back to even. Tough, tough action for Efren at $200 a set. It was nice to get to Santa Monica again and I even got a little action playing Rob some 14.1.

Efren plays Jerry Matchin on Monday at Hard Times in the early afternoon. This should be a good match indeed. I will be in the front row watching. No stream on this one is scheduled, so I suggest you gas up and come down to Hard Times and sweat the action.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by povpool View Post
Wow - A pretty good match happened today at Santa Monica House Of Billiards.

Efren was giving Magdy 11-6 and when I got there they were even (1 set each) at race to 3. It seemed that Efren was a little off his game today but seriously, I watched Magdy make some pretty tough choices to play long banks when Efren had him stuck behind balls and no way to take out of his pocket. Magdy hit a long 7 ball bank and almost ran out the last game of the 3rd set, and after another 10 minutes of 'end game' Magdy came up one set ahead.

I believe Magdy ended up 2 sets ahead but Efren managed to find his game and set the score back to even. Tough, tough action for Efren at $200 a set. It was nice to get to Santa Monica again and I even got a little action playing Rob some 14.1.

Efren plays Jerry Matchin on Monday at Hard Times in the early afternoon. This should be a good match indeed. I will be in the front row watching. No stream on this one is scheduled, so I suggest you gas up and come down to Hard Times and sweat the action.
Is Jerry getting 10/7 and please stream it? I'll send you a donation
Old 06-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Verified Member

Magdy is one of our regulars and always a guy who strives to improve his game. In the past year he has found his stroke and has improved greatly. Jumping up from victim status to predator very admirably. Efren can no longer count on suitcase money here. He moved confidently and shot some very difficult shots putting Efren in a jam. Efren had to work hard to get to even.

Very proud of him and happy for the results of his hard and dedicated work.
Old 06-12-2016, 04:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keoneyo View Post
Magdy is one of our regulars and always a guy who strives to improve his game. In the past year he has found his stroke and has improved greatly. Jumping up from victim status to predator very admirably. Efren can no longer count on suitcase money here. He moved confidently and shot some very difficult shots putting Efren in a jam. Efren had to work hard to get to even.

Very proud of him and happy for the results of his hard and dedicated work.
So what do I need from him now? We played even a few years ago and I snuck out winner. Not anymore it seems.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:16 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Is Jerry getting 10/7 and please stream it? I'll send you a donation
Someone back east put a bug in Efren's ear that I'm making money off streaming him, so now he's standing his ground, told his handlers not to let me record him until I make some sort of offer. I'm not going to be able to do it, since, frankly I DO NOT make much money on these videos via YouTube.

I don't get paid at the venue and our sponsors don't pay me for individual streams or events but for an annual delivery of content and for exposure on ALL our platforms (not just the live stream or YouTube).

It's frustrating because when a 'handler' calls me and says, "Efren want's more action at Hard Times" - I help to book it, I don't ask for a dime of what he wins, he gets to promote his sponsors (such as Hustlin) on a larger scale than PPV and he gets to warm up for bigger events in other parts of the country at virtually no risk. That said - Matchin is playing Efren today at 2pm - there will be no live stream, no recorded video and the event will go down in history like many other matches of the old school; undocumented.

Come to think of it; with all the warm up we sent him where's my jelly roll for the Accu-Stats event...LOL.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:51 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by povpool View Post
Someone back east put a bug in Efren's ear that I'm making money off streaming him, so now he's standing his ground, told his handlers not to let me record him until I make some sort of offer. I'm not going to be able to do it, since, frankly I DO NOT make much money on these videos via YouTube.

I don't get paid at the venue and our sponsors don't pay me for individual streams or events but for an annual delivery of content and for exposure on ALL our platforms (not just the live stream or YouTube).

It's frustrating because when a 'handler' calls me and says, "Efren want's more action at Hard Times" - I help to book it, I don't ask for a dime of what he wins, he gets to promote his sponsors (such as Hustlin) on a larger scale than PPV and he gets to warm up for bigger events in other parts of the country at virtually no risk. That said - Matchin is playing Efren today at 2pm - there will be no live stream, no recorded video and the event will go down in history like many other matches of the old school; undocumented.

Come to think of it; with all the warm up we sent him where's my jelly roll for the Accu-Stats event...LOL.

Does he understand that the money he gets from the matches you are setting him up are not going into his pocket now?
Old 06-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Does he understand that the money he gets from the matches you are setting him up are not going into his pocket now?
Frankly, It wasn't a lot of money in the first place. We're talking about $100 matches and he's still able to get action but now it's not a bunch of fans getting in line to play him and he's got to rely on his handlers to set the matches up. At least POV had some promotional leverage to get the action started and to get people interested in the exhibition of it all. On the whole, I think streaming him is good for pool and trust me, if I could afford to post $500, $1000 exhibitions I would. Again, I think it comes down to players and handlers should capitalize on the exposure by finding their own sponsors who, will gladly pay them in product and cash to appear on free streams and at rooms around the country. Let the media or pool rooms set up the exhibitions and the handlers can take what Efren wins plus whatever percentage of sponsors they bring with them.

If they were hoping that every time Efren shows up at Hard Times, Bobby Emmons was just going to show up and drop $18,000 on the table they are mistaken. You have to be patient waiting for matches like that; those matches will come but they are always few and far between. In the meantime keep promoting pool, earn $500-700 per day in action, showcase your sponsors and put a few smiles on peoples faces.

I don't see how they lose and I win here.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:27 PM
Verified Member

Default Efren at Santa Monica - Played Magdy

Daniel if you could keep us posted on Jerry and Reyes match today, we would love it. You don't have to go crazy but any update is appreciated. Thanks man
Old 06-13-2016, 06:08 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Daniel if you could keep us posted on Jerry and Reyes match today, we would love it. You don't have to go crazy but any update is appreciated. Thanks man
I will let you be the voice and I'll do it by text to you then you can update this forum because I won't have a computer with me.

Text me at 310-923-6639 with your name and number. I'm late and on my way there now.
Old 06-13-2016, 06:28 PM
Verified Member

Whoever did that Daniel is a total prick.

And forgive me for saying this, but Efren can't hide behind the me no English, or shrug his shoulders and say I have to do what they say.

If he wants to hold his ground, then don't steer anything his way, and keep streaming other people.
You always run a nice stream and quality commentary.