Super Billiard Expo

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I am thinking of going to Philadelphia for the Super billiard Expo. Is there anywhere to play pool close to the Expo Center. Is there any action for amateurs? I plan on playing in the Wednesday Tournament, Seniors, and the Super Seniors. I had a fake ID made for me so I could play in the OP.org Super Seniors and then “they” quit having it. I get the feeling “they” are after me. You know who you are.
Has anyone else ever attended the Super Billiard Expo?

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Super Billiard Expo

I am thinking of going to Philadelphia for the Super billiard Expo. Is there anywhere to play pool close to the Expo Center. Is there any action for amateurs? I plan on playing in the Wednesday Tournament, Seniors, and the Super Seniors. I had a fake ID made for me so I could play in the OP.org Super Seniors and then “they” quit having it. I get the feeling “they” are after me. You know who you are.

Hehe. As luck would have it Bill, the Expo is outside Philly so I’m guessing you could find some action if you went. I could call this guy I know. :). It’s in oaks pa which is about 45-50 minutes west of the city. There is a small pool room in Phoenixville pa about 20 minutes away for outside action. But if you’re that close, I’d just come on over to Fuscos (45 minutes) so you can get the full Philly action experience.

I used to play in it years ago when I played 9 ball (and could shoot). They have added one pocket the past few years but I’m not 100% sure if that are having 1p again this year. It’s fun and tons of vendors also even if the location is not the greatest. By the way, it’s way out in the suburbs so if you’re expecting to be in the city while there you would be disappointed. Good news is you will be near the soon to be Super Bowl Champions.

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
Hehe. As luck would have it Bill, the Expo is outside Philly so I’m guessing you could find some action if you went.

By the way, it’s way out in the suburbs so if you’re expecting to be in the city while there you would be disappointed.

Good news is you will be near the soon to be Super Bowl Champions.

Boston is not near the Super Billiards Expo!

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've been just once -- when they first started to have One Pocket. It is geared toward massive numbers of amateur players, and they have more vendors than any other pool event -- maybe more than the BCA trade show itself. They have one practice/action room that reportedly some years gets pretty good king of the hill action, but it was nothing compared to DCC the year I went anyway.

Drexeline Billiards is a popular traditional poolroom outside Philly, but I'm not sure if it is any closer from the Expo than Pete Fusco's room -- obviously Mitch would know.

Mitch -- it sounds like time for you and I to get a little superbowl wager down :)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Super Billiard Expo

I've been just once -- when they first started to have One Pocket. It is geared toward massive numbers of amateur players, and they have more vendors than any other pool event -- maybe more than the BCA trade show itself. They have one practice/action room that reportedly some years gets pretty good king of the hill action, but it was nothing compared to DCC the year I went anyway.

Drexeline Billiards is a popular traditional poolroom outside Philly, but I'm not sure if it is any closer from the Expo than Pete Fusco's room -- obviously Mitch would know.

Mitch -- it sounds like time for you and I to get a little superbowl wager down :)

You are right Steve that while large, it is not nearly a “derby” type atmosphere. Technically Fuscos and Drexeline are about the same distance from the expo but Fuscos has more action daily and is closer to my house lol.

And of course we have action!! :)

liz taylor

Markley Billiards is close

C Horan

There is an action room with several tables inside the expo with late night access. Mix of amateurs and pros.

Reactions: lll