critique what he did and what would you shoot instead

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
he took a scratch to get there:confused:
is that what you would do??

I dont like what he did, Parica has a couple good shots from the position he's left in. It looks like Parica can roll softly on the 9 ball and really put Alex in trouble.

I would of taken my chances by kicking the 2 ball in.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I dont like what he did, Parica has a couple good shots from the position he's left in. It looks like Parica can roll softly on the 9 ball and really put Alex in trouble.

I would of taken my chances by kicking the 2 ball in.

Billy I.

I would have done what Alex did. Axecpte U would have done the wright thing.

Alex shot the correct shot but he shoe it the wrong way.

The wright shot is rolling the cue ball to the side rail first and then the end rail.

And being on the end rail stops him from shooting one ball into the other ball.

And everyting would have been harder. He just did it back words.

THats why haveing a coach that sees that makes a difference. A little bit better shot a few times a game will make a big difference.

And rooling up yoo the nine ball is cery touchie. And you let him out off the trap.

And I would rool too make the combination. Its a free shot and if you make it you can run out.

And a free shot too run out is allways a good shot. And if you dont make it both balls will be by your pocket.

And you move two balls close too youre pocket. or you make it. And you dont loose a ball by takink a scratch.

And from shooting near the nine ball hight give him a shot too trap you the 13 or the 7 ball If the ballis the 13 ball.

And on the other shot you force him too shoot at the two balls in front off your pocket.

And you might even hang a ball up. Ehen that will be hus next shot.

THat is what I would do. And what Alex did he gave the other player a better shot at the combination.

And rooling the combination its hard too make a mistake. And its free.

I say it like I see it and I explain it. And if people cant see it thats thier buisness.

Because people are going too shot what they think and make up thier mind too do.

I do not shoot shots without thinking them out first. If I cant figure out what too do.

I shoot a stall shot I might take a intentiasnal scratch without leaving a shot. And change the position.

Kicking at the two is very risky and 1 mistake he could run 8 and out from thier. AndI dont likr giving good players those kind of chances.

bstroud

Verified Member
I'm with Billy. I don't like what he did either. I see other shots.

A small masse to the end rain banking the 2 cross table and putting the cue ball on the end rail.

An end rail kick making the 2.

It's the difference between playing in tournaments and gambling.
If this shot is in a tournament ( I wouldn't play in one) I might shoot the same shot as Alex. Gambling? Never.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
And the next shot

And the next shot

Was what; or does someone have a contract with Pat and we have to purchase the DVD?

From where it lies now the combination is a 95%-er or better with fairly easy shape to get safe afterwards .....

Yeah, yeah ...... so one IS taking a shot that could lose the game; somethimes you gots to take a chance .... I'll bet even Artie has done so (in spite of what I watched in Galveston) [no insult intended, Mr. B].

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Not real exciting, but I probably would have looked at kicking the 2 ball in, since there is nothing blocking the natural path and it doesn't look like the banks would be open.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-03-13_11-04-00.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-03-13_11-04-00.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 0

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Kicking in the 2 ball is a pretty easy shot. It's a big ball. That's what I'd shoot for sure. But if Alex preferred the roll out shot, then unless the angles appear differently than they were, he could have done the same thing by thin slicing something in the stack to roll the CB to the same spot. It doesn't look like he had to take an intentional.

Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Kicking in the 2 ball is a pretty easy shot. It's a big ball. That's what I'd shoot for sure. But if Alex preferred the roll out shot, then unless the angles appear differently than they were, he could have done the same thing by thin slicing something in the stack to roll the CB to the same spot. It doesn't look like he had to take an intentional.

Doc

If THe guy wants to shoot the macey shot on the twoball I will give him a 44 mag too shoot that too wright after the macy shot..

And yes every body takes chances. Thats what I dio every morning when I wake up.

And eveverybody seen the two ball kick. Everyone seen the two rail kick but it looket further apart were you hang the two ball up.

And the balls are laying pretty good for those kind off players too run out.
Every one menyioned the two ball kick Billy Incardone mentioned too.

He must have thought the same thing I did that its not aoutomatick too kick it in. And yes we all take chances.

But taking a chance too loose the hole game is a little different. Especialy if the whole set is on that shot.

And the one thing that nobody mentiond that they should have learned is witch way too role out on the intentional scratch.

And thats a big difference. Especialy If you are rolling out to let youre opponent just shoot at the 5 ball. with out the two ball being thier.

And if balls lay even different that you should role out too frezze him to the end rail.

Instead of off the end rail were he can stroke the cue ball.Make it as hard as possableon every shot. And every little thing counts. Especialy when you are betting high. Even the champions shot safer shots.

And hier is nothing wrong with kicking at the two ball.unless it does not go in. And you will leave a good combination bank were he has a good angle too get behind the balls.

I guess people like playing on shot chaley with out figueing whats next.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I would have done what Alex did. Axecpte U would have done the wright thing.

Alex shot the correct shot but he shoe it the wrong way.

The wright shot is rolling the cue ball to the side rail first and then the end rail.

And being on the end rail stops him from shooting one ball into the other ball.

And everyting would have been harder. He just did it back words.

THats why haveing a coach that sees that makes a difference. A little bit better shot a few times a game will make a big difference.

And rooling up yoo the nine ball is cery touchie. And you let him out off the trap.

And I would rool too make the combination. Its a free shot and if you make it you can run out.

And a free shot too run out is allways a good shot. And if you dont make it both balls will be by your pocket.

And you move two balls close too youre pocket. or you make it. And you dont loose a ball by takink a scratch.

And from shooting near the nine ball hight give him a shot too trap you the 13 or the 7 ball If the ballis the 13 ball.

And on the other shot you force him too shoot at the two balls in front off your pocket.

And you might even hang a ball up. Ehen that will be hus next shot.

THat is what I would do. And what Alex did he gave the other player a better shot at the combination.

And rooling the combination its hard too make a mistake. And its free.

I say it like I see it and I explain it. And if people cant see it thats thier buisness.

Because people are going too shot what they think and make up thier mind too do.

I do not shoot shots without thinking them out first. If I cant figure out what too do.

I shoot a stall shot I might take a intentiasnal scratch without leaving a shot. And change the position.

Kicking at the two is very risky and 1 mistake he could run 8 and out from thier. AndI dont likr giving good players those kind of chances.

This is not a cut and dry situation, I prefer kicking at the 2 ball while I have an opportunity to play out of this jam. Even if I dont kick the two ball in Parica still doesnt have to run out because the balls arent in a favorable position for him to run out. Alex is a favorite two kick the two ball in and I believe he should of tried, to me it's a fair trade off.

Like I mentioned earlier Parica now has a couple of things he can do and they both will benefit him. He can play the combination like you say and have a free shot to do some damage, or he can lay up on the 9 ball to improve his position. I dont see how Alex can do any thing from the position he will be in if Parica rolls on the 9 ball.

You said that Parica now after the intentional has a free chance shooting the combo to run out, that's a good reason not to take the intentional.

Any ways if I were Parica I wouldn't shoot the combo because controlling the lead ball (5 ball )is too difficult, I would roll up on the 9 ball and take my chances from there.

But once again I believe that Alex should of kicked the 2 ball.

Billy I.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
My first choice would be to kick the two in like Billy I. suggested. I think speed would be important. Because of the position of the two ball (not hanging in the hole) I would kick it with just a little more speed than normal, just enough more speed to double kiss it in if I happen to hit the two a little bad.

I also like the option that Billy S. suggested. A slight masse to one rail it to my side and take the cue ball to the end rail. Of course I would only attempt this if it layed right and if I felt comfortable with it.

What did Parica do next?

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Artie Bodendorfer said:
And the one thing that nobody mentiond that they should have learned is witch way too role out on the intentional scratch.

And thats a big difference. Especialy If you are rolling out to let youre opponent just shoot at the 5 ball. with out the two ball being thier.

And if balls lay even different that you should role out too frezze him to the end rail.

Instead of off the end rail were he can stroke the cue ball.Make it as hard as possableon every shot. And every little thing counts. Especialy when you are betting high. Even the champions shot safer shots.
My guess is that Alex rolled to the short rail first because he wanted to make absolutely sure that he got behind the 5 ball, with no possibility of leaving a shot on the 2.

It looks to me like there is very little room for error going to the long rail first. But if it's possible to not leave a shot on the 2, then coming to rest on the short rail is a much tougher leave for the opponent.

Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bstroud said:
I'm with Billy. I don't like what he did either. I see other shots.

A small masse to the end rain banking the 2 cross table and putting the cue ball on the end rail.

An end rail kick making the 2.

It's the difference between playing in tournaments and gambling.
If this shot is in a tournament ( I wouldn't play in one) I might shoot the same shot as Alex. Gambling? Never.
First I dont think that the masse kick on the 2 ball is available, but I could be wrong. Secondly I never could understand why someone would choose another shot gambling than they would if playing in a tournament if it was the right shot. I have always been under the impression that the right shot regardless if its gambling or in a tournament is the right shot. Take the kick on the 2 ball as an example. If the kick on the 2 ball is clearly the right shot when your gambling, then why is it that it may not be the right shot playing in a tournament? It seems to me if a shot is the right shot, why would you change your choice just because your playing in a tournament. To me that's another form of dogging it.:eek:

If someone would care to explain to me the difference, I would be very interested in learning why.

Billy I.

bstroud

Verified Member
Billy,

It's just my opinion and I have never been a very good tournament player but I do think gambling IS different because you can always rack-em-up and play another game. I really do think it can affect your choice of shots.

I have never played races gambling where one game decides who wins. I have always played games ahead or by the game.

The reason I don't like tournament play (besides the fact there is no money in it) is that one shot often determines the winner.

I don't like the odds. If someone is going to beat me it is going to have to be by more than one good shot.

Perhaps it is just a personal quirk.

Bill Stroud

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bstroud said:
Billy,

It's just my opinion and I have never been a very good tournament player but I do think gambling IS different because you can always rack-em-up and play another game. I really do think it can affect your choice of shots.

I have never played races gambling where one game decides who wins. I have always played games ahead or by the game.

The reason I don't like tournament play (besides the fact there is no money in it) is that one shot often determines the winner.

I don't like the odds. If someone is going to beat me it is going to have to be by more than one good shot.

Perhaps it is just a personal quirk.

Bill Stroud

The way I interpret what you are saying, and what other people say that agree with you, is that shooting the right shot gambling is easy to do because even if you fail you will still be able to play another game. So when gambling you have more courage to shoot the right shot knowing that you will be able to avenge a failure.

Well for those who play in tournaments I would suggest that you should con yourself into believing your gambling, if that's what it takes to shoot the right shot.:D

Billy I.