How would you set this up for One Ball One Pocket?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
If you had to put the cue ball on one of the spots, and the 1-ball anywhere on the table, except within a diamond of your own pocket (shown as blocked out), and also not within a ball's width of any cushion, what would you set up for your opponent to start with?

You have the top left pocket. You are setting the balls up for your opponent to take the first shot.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3Achy3BOkF1QALT4RALb3VOkF3VOJJ3VbyK3Vchl3VPBGza@

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
depends on my opponent but against most i would have the cue ball at A spot. and put the object ball a little to the right of the center diamond on the short rail down by our two holes.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
beatle said:
depends on my opponent but against most i would have the cue ball at A spot. and put the object ball a little to the right of the center diamond on the short rail down by our two holes.

Like this Beatle ?

Attachments

• bugsxmas.jpg
    bugsxmas.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
u12armresl said:
I just posted this question several threads down
Yes, you did ask the question of how one ball One Pocket is started. And this thread here is built on what I posted as an answer in your thread -- the option of beginning each game by letting the "racking player" place the cue ball and object ball wherever they wanted, within certain limitations, and the "breaking player" has to start from there. With alternate "breaks" each player could vary the starting positions as they wish, which could get in to a little interesting gamesmanship of its own.

Because I saw this question as a good one on its own (and a simple way to monitor whether the cuetable diagrams are working or not), I started this. Thank you for prompting me to think about this in the first place...

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Using Version 11.5

Using Version 11.5

NH Steve said:
If you had to put the cue ball on one of the spots, and the 1-ball anywhere on the table, except within a diamond of your own pocket (shown as blocked out), and also not within a ball's width of any cushion, what would you set up for your opponent to start with?

You have the top left pocket. You are setting the balls up for your opponent to take the first shot.

http://CueTable.com/P/?@3Achy3BOkF1QALT4RALb3VOkF3VOJJ3VbyK3Vchl3VPBGza@

AND SHOCKWAVE REPORTS INCORRECT VERSION WHEN I TRY TO LOAD THE ABOVE.

And everything else in these threads it seems .... from a quick check of several.

beatle

Verified Member
yes rod thanks and maybe just a little more over. this spot i think against most players gives me a great chance they sell out after trying whatever pops in their mind.