Seniors report

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Got there Wednesday because it might be two or three days for my back to respond. Arrived at the pool room about 9:33 and played a little. It was raining the first night and when leaving Bogies put the GPS on my phone for the hotel. There are Waffle House restaurants every block it seems so I stopped at one on my way back. Waffles, we must have waffles.🍽 Being the only person in a Waffle House was a new one for me so a quick waffle and head off to the room. So 👿driving, driving, driving and my GPS keeps telling me that I have another half an hour to go. Half an hour? It was but ten minutes to Bogies. Stupid me puts the wrong hotel in the GPS. Get to the room and it smells of smoke. Can’t sleep. 9am and go downstairs. I need another room, mine is a smokers room. No they say, it’s a non smoking. They move me to the second floor, more better. Now back to the pool room. It’s middle of the afternoon and where are the low hanging fruit, besides me? 12Sqed🏆 is coming towards me. He’s tough, too tough. We settle on a game and for about 12,14 games we’re even then I lost concentration. Then we went to a place called Potato skins or sumthin like it. They start throwing bread at us. Dinner rolls, blueberry, chocolate muffins. Then comes the fried green tomatoes and we haven’t even gotten a menu yet.🍲🍲 We were laughing so hard we couldn’t order. We both settled on pot roast. You have to remember we’re in da south. Everything is cooked until they are sure all the vitimins is dead. We filled up on dinner rooms so the meat and carrots was enough for me. Dave was very adventurous and ate the grey green beans, cole slaw, Mac and cheese, and a salad. Thursday also had the auction which this time I stayed out. Then Warren and I match up. Two pm we quit. So Friday we were supposed to start the stream at noon. Just a little irked. 3pm, the stream still isn’t up and getting no good feed back from Zack. Now it’s time for my match after a first round bye and playing Doc. I win the first game and play what is usually a good safe the second game. He looks over the stack and makes two balls out of the stack with ease. Six for him and steamed about the stream for me. Next shot, Mis cue. Game over. Game three went by fast and game four even faster. Having no stream affected me too much. The stream goes on ignore. Later on I play Warren again who shoots very well. We played twice and by Saturday we are looking for each other. Saturday is my second match, ten am with JRHendy. I win the first, lose two and three, win four and now it’s 2-2. John leaves me a game winning shot that if I miss, he wins. If I makes it. I wins. John went on to play Hercheck. Stream is running, no announcing available. Ignore is tough and tough. Sleep in Sunday and do a little packing. 2 pm and the stream is finally running. I announced for a few hours and then played a few games with fearless leader. Steve came out ahead. I was brain dead by that time. Warren was gone, we missed each other the final day, breaking even twice. Sunday night after I packed, I went back to watch the finals. I get there and it’s the semi finals which ended at 2:30. Then the biggest insult in history, the split. Home safe after five hours of plane time. Then a long nap from 2:30 pm until 4am this morning.🌞

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Got there Wednesday because it might be two or three days for my back to respond. Arrived at the pool room about 9:33 and played a little. It was raining the first night and when leaving Bogies put the GPS on my phone for the hotel. There are Waffle House restaurants every block it seems so I stopped at one on my way back. Waffles, we must have waffles.🍽 Being the only person in a Waffle House was a new one for me so a quick waffle and head off to the room. So 👿driving, driving, driving and my GPS keeps telling me that I have another half an hour to go. Half an hour? It was but ten minutes to Bogies. Stupid me puts the wrong hotel in the GPS. Get to the room and it smells of smoke. Can’t sleep. 9am and go downstairs. I need another room, mine is a smokers room. No they say, it’s a non smoking. They move me to the second floor, more better. Now back to the pool room. It’s middle of the afternoon and where are the low hanging fruit, besides me? 12Sqed🏆 is coming towards me. He’s tough, too tough. We settle on a game and for about 12,14 games we’re even then I lost concentration. Then we went to a place called Potato skins or sumthin like it. They start throwing bread at us. Dinner rolls, blueberry, chocolate muffins. Then comes the fried green tomatoes and we haven’t even gotten a menu yet.🍲🍲 We were laughing so hard we couldn’t order. We both settled on pot roast. You have to remember we’re in da south. Everything is cooked until they are sure all the vitimins is dead. We filled up on dinner rooms so the meat and carrots was enough for me. Dave was very adventurous and ate the grey green beans, cole slaw, Mac and cheese, and a salad. Thursday also had the auction which this time I stayed out. Then Warren and I match up. Two pm we quit. So Friday we were supposed to start the stream at noon. Just a little irked. 3pm, the stream still isn’t up and getting no good feed back from Zack. Now it’s time for my match after a first round bye and playing Doc. I win the first game and play what is usually a good safe the second game. He looks over the stack and makes two balls out of the stack with ease. Six for him and steamed about the stream for me. Next shot, Mis cue. Game over. Game three went by fast and game four even faster. Having no stream affected me too much. The stream goes on ignore. Later on I play Warren again who shoots very well. We played twice and by Saturday we are looking for each other. Saturday is my second match, ten am with JRHendy. I win the first, lose two and three, win four and now it’s 2-2. John leaves me a game winning shot that if I miss, he wins. If I makes it. I wins. John went on to play Hercheck. Stream is running, no announcing available. Ignore is tough and tough. Sleep in Sunday and do a little packing. 2 pm and the stream is finally running. I announced for a few hours and then played a few games with fearless leader. Steve came out ahead. I was brain dead by that time. Warren was gone, we missed each other the final day, breaking even twice. Sunday night after I packed, I went back to watch the finals. I get there and it’s the semi finals which ended at 2:30. Then the biggest insult in history, the split. Home safe after five hours of plane time. Then a long nap from 2:30 pm until 4am this morning.🌞
Bill, you deserve a big thank you from the whole of onepocket.org for your tireless advocacy and effort to get streaming going for all of our events (this Seniors was actually not an official onepocket.org event, but it sure featured a high member contingent!!).

I don't know much about the technical side of streaming but it seems like there are some basics that maybe as an organization we can help define and get in place for every tournament. Like I said, I am definitely not an expert but the things I heard mentioned this weekend (that seem to come up often everywhere) as issues are these:

1. Need for sufficiently strong and reliable wifi in place on site
2. Basic camera needs -- including a place to put them for decent table viewing -- more than one being extra nice
3. Two headsets with mic's for two commentators
4. Volunteer commentators
5. Someone reliable with the basic computer and software necessary that can make the production end happen with a minimum of down time.

If we can get those things in place, there may even be sponsor opportunities that would help keep it going and offset the costs, because people clearly are interested in watching these streams if they cannot be on site. And if the matches can be archived for later viewing that would be another plus.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
As for our games, it seemed like I did catch you when you were about worn out for the weekend.

But one thing that happened that I can't say I've ever seen happen before was I believe we had the same player run 8 and out, followed by losing the very next game when their opponent came back from a 7 to -1 deficit. That has to be some kind of record!

:D :frus

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Bill, you deserve a big thank you from the whole of onepocket.org for your tireless advocacy and effort to get streaming going for all of our events (this Seniors was actually not an official onepocket.org event, but it sure featured a high member contingent!!).

I don't know much about the technical side of streaming but it seems like there are some basics that maybe as an organization we can help define and get in place for every tournament. Like I said, I am definitely not an expert but the things I heard mentioned this weekend (that seem to come up often everywhere) as issues are these:

1. Need for sufficiently strong and reliable wifi in place on site
2. Basic camera needs -- including a place to put them for decent table viewing -- more than one being extra nice
3. Two headsets with mic's for two commentators
4. Volunteer commentators
5. Someone reliable with the basic computer and software necessary that can make the production end happen with a minimum of down time.

If we can get those things in place, there may even be sponsor opportunities that would help keep it going and offset the costs, because people clearly are interested in watching these streams if they cannot be on site. And if the matches can be archived for later viewing that would be another plus.

You get the sponsors, the rest is already done. Send me PM

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

When you told Rizzo that you and Goldy would be doing the stream, he got the impression that 1P.org had selected you to do it. I told him that you had streamed 1P.org tournaments, and the guys seemed to like your commentary, but there was no official endorsement, nor had there even been any discussion about it. I thought you'd do fine but if he wanted me to investigate alternatives, I'd look into it. He was good with you and Goldy so we were set.

Goldy seemed not to be entirely clear on what you were expecting him to do, so there were some early delays, and there was some sign-up confusion regarding what one had to do to get the stream that was on 1P.org, or to get it in good quality.

Anyway, the fact that you volunteered to do the stream shouldn't detract from our appreciation, but no one should get the impression that it's either you or no one, especially given the number of times you've threatened not to do it any more.

"The rest is already done" could be a little bit of a stretch (see #5.)

Mary Kenniston

Verified Member
Great post & so good to see you again, Bill! Thanks for everything!!! ;)

Hope to see you at Derby City!

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
When you told Rizzo that you and Goldy would be doing the stream, he got the impression that 1P.org had selected you to do it. I told him that you had streamed 1P.org tournaments, and the guys seemed to like your commentary, but there was no official endorsement, nor had there even been any discussion about it. I thought you'd do fine but if he wanted me to investigate alternatives, I'd look into it. He was good with you and Goldy so we were set.

Goldy seemed not to be entirely clear on what you were expecting him to do, so there were some early delays, and there was some sign-up confusion regarding what one had to do to get the stream that was on 1P.org, or to get it in good quality.

Anyway, the fact that you volunteered to do the stream shouldn't detract from our appreciation, but no one should get the impression that it's either you or no one, especially given the number of times you've threatened not to do it any more.

"The rest is already done" could be a little bit of a stretch (see #5.)

John, First off, Rizzo asked for me. I did not volunteer
Secondly, you don’t know what Goldy and I agreed too.
Thirdly, I am ready to quit because a group of complainers
Fourth, If anyone else wants to stream, I don’t care, let them.
I stream for OPORG to spread people’s knowledge of the web site, to expand the web site. I don’t do it for me JOHN.
I have an idea, you spend your money flying around the country doing streams with no reimbursement, no rewards, paying for hotel, meals, flights. Then spend fifteen hours a day watching very slow play like this weekend.
As far as Goldy, what he did this time, I will never ask him again to provide the equipment and keep it running. I have my own equipment, cameras, mics, cords from when Ca Billiards asked me to do their one pocket streams. If I do it by myself, it just means I have to be at the booth 12-15 hours a day for four days. Then an hour of tear down. An hour to set up and an extra suitcase to carry. It also means I don’t get to play pool either gambling or tournaments.
Goldy knows what I expect from him. I made it clear the first time we ever worked together. He has done well before but I don’t want what he bought to the table this time.
The reason at lot of what happened this weekend was Goldies lack of commitment to start on time, have a good hook up or provide me with the necessary cords I needed. He said he had with him so I could use my own equipment but he would not get them. You have no idea how pissed off I am the stream was not perfect. I can only say, trying to work with alcoholics is more than I’m willing to do anymore. If there are others willing to spend five grand to get in the game and another $2-5K for the actual tournament. Go for it. I’ll never watch, not because of jealousy or envy, but because I don’t watch pool on tv. Boring enough in person.
I did not need OPORG’s permission to stream the tournament at Bogies. This was not an OPORG tournament. The stream was provided by OPORG because I set it up that way. It didn’t have to be sponsored by OPORG but I thought the notoriety would be great publicity.
Official endorsement. What does that mean anyway? What I did was talk to Steve about endorsing the tournament for OPOrg. You mean I needed your permission too?
When I did talk to Rizzo after they asked for me, I made it clear we were doing the stream for OPORG. He was fine with it.
You kind of follow what I said? Rizzo first, Goldy next, Steve next. I am so sorry I left you out of the loop. Is that the reason for your pissing on me this time?
You don’t know what you’re talking about John as far as the stream and what was behind it. You don’t know how I ended up doing it. You don’t know how I got OPORG involved. You don’t know my history with Goldy. What do you know, except for my willingness to stop free streaming?
I promised a friend of mine I would quit getting into it with other members but I’m making an exception because your most of your post is nothing but heresay and innuendo. Until you have something to post with a modicum of truth in it, don’t slander me any further.

warrenr

Verified Member

In joyed playing with you. Looked Saturday night for you but you went back to your room. Next time we meet up will need to have a Red Bull and a Root Beer,they are on me.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for helping get the stream stuff together Bill, I wish I could have watched more of it!

Just throwing this out there as I have mentioned before. We have discord voice server if we ever want to use it for commentating purposes or otherwise. That means, as long as you have the camera stuff covered, all you need is a $10 pair of headset with attached mic plugged in and you are good to go!

We can assign whoever is commentating it (talk and listen) privileges and then all the railbirds can have listen privileges only so that no one is talking over the commentators.

If you already have all the equipment and necessary stuff to do it without, more power to you, but this is available if we ever find ourselves needing it! (oh and its free)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
John, First off, Rizzo asked for me. I did not volunteer

OK, there's a remote chance that I misunderstood what John told me, or that I'm remembering it wrong, but I don't think so. Are you saying that Rizzo contacted you? I thought I understood very clearly that you contacted him.

Secondly, you don’t know what Goldy and I agreed too.

I only know that when people expected to start seeing the stream the cameras weren't even there yet, and Friday afternoon Goldy said -- posted on 1P.org -- "I was not under the impression that I was doing the entire stream. We are missing some equipment, and I am waiting for 2 cameras from Amazon to be delivered."

Thirdly, I am ready to quit because a group of complainers

Yes, one of your more common complaints is about people complaining. :rolleyes:

I have an idea, you spend your money flying around the country doing streams with no reimbursement, no rewards, paying for hotel, meals, flights. Then spend fifteen hours a day watching very slow play like this weekend.

I have an idea... if it is a burden for you rather than a pleasure, don't do it until someone asks you to.

As far as Goldy, what he did this time, I will never ask him again to provide the equipment and keep it running....He has done well before but I don’t want what he bought to the table this time.

OK, that's new information, and very relevant. I had the impression that you were satisfied with the way things went, and that's what made me question the "already done" comment.

You have no idea how pissed off I am the stream was not perfect.

OK, glad to hear it.

I did not need OPORG’s permission to stream the tournament at Bogies. This was not an OPORG tournament. The stream was provided by OPORG because I set it up that way. It didn’t have to be sponsored by OPORG but I thought the notoriety would be great publicity.
What I did was talk to Steve about endorsing the tournament for OPOrg. You mean I needed your permission too?

Look, I made the "no official endorsement" statement in a conversation with Rizzo only to clarify for him.

When I did talk to Rizzo after they asked for me,

Who is "they"? Does this mean you called Rizzo after "they" asked for you?

I made it clear we were doing the stream for OPORG.

What does that even mean? How would it have been different if it were not "for OPORG"?

I am so sorry I left you out of the loop.

I was in the loop. You just didn't know it. I said you'd do a good job.

Is that the reason for your pissing on me this time?

I've had way too much coffee and you just happened to be nearby.

You don’t know what you’re talking about John as far as the stream and what was behind it. You don’t know how I ended up doing it.

One of us doesn't. :heh BTW, who is "they" again?

You don’t know how I got OPORG involved.

How was "OPORG" involved?

You don’t know my history with Goldy.
Nor do I care; it isn't relevant to anything, except perhaps the question of why there were some issues between you this time.

most of your post is nothing but heresay and innuendo. Until you have something to post with a modicum of truth in it, don’t slander me any further.

Calling my post slander is just silly (beyond definitionally). There's barely anything critical. Its bottom line is that if it is burdensome to you, we can try to find someone else.

I talked to Rizzo about your streaming at least a month before the event.
My understanding and belief is that you contacted Rizzo about the streaming, not the other way around. (Who is "they"?)
You threatened to quit streaming, as you have multiple times in the past.
You complained about people complaining about poor scheduling and quality.
Goldy said you expected more of him than he realized.
Now you have acknowledged that you are very disappointed with the quality, but in reading all the threads about the event I don't recall seeing that you expressed any disappointment other than directed toward people complaining, or, heaven forbid, taking any responsibility for any of the deficiencies.

Had I seen you express disappointment or apologize for the deficiencies, I would have taken a little different approach with this post. I had the distinct impression (especially after you told Steve "the rest is already done") that you were satisfied with the result.

Here's what I don't understand: If you find the streaming to be a burden, rather than a pleasure, why don't you say, "I will do the stream if you can't get anyone else competent, but I'd rather be free to play and gamble"?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
OK, there's a remote chance that I misunderstood what John told me, or that I'm remembering it wrong, but I don't think so. Are you saying that Rizzo contacted you? I thought I understood very clearly that you contacted him.

I only know that when people expected to start seeing the stream the cameras weren't even there yet, and Friday afternoon Goldy said -- posted on 1P.org -- "I was not under the impression that I was doing the entire stream. We are missing some equipment, and I am waiting for 2 cameras from Amazon to be delivered."

Yes, one of your more common complaints is about people complaining. :rolleyes:

I have an idea... if it is a burden for you rather than a pleasure, don't do it until someone asks you to.

OK, that's new information, and very relevant. I had the impression that you were satisfied with the way things went, and that's what made me question the "already done" comment.

OK, glad to hear it.

Look, I made the "no official endorsement" statement in a conversation with Rizzo only to clarify for him.

Who is "they"? Does this mean you called Rizzo after "they" asked for you?

What does that even mean? How would it have been different if it were not "for OPORG"?

I was in the loop. You just didn't know it. I said you'd do a good job.

I've had way too much coffee and you just happened to be nearby.

One of us doesn't. :heh BTW, who is "they" again?

How was "OPORG" involved?

Nor do I care; it isn't relevant to anything, except perhaps the question of why there were some issues between you this time.

Calling my post slander is just silly (beyond definitionally). There's barely anything critical. Its bottom line is that if it is burdensome to you, we can try to find someone else.

I talked to Rizzo about your streaming at least a month before the event.
My understanding and belief is that you contacted Rizzo about the streaming, not the other way around. (Who is "they"?)
You threatened to quit streaming, as you have multiple times in the past.
You complained about people complaining about poor scheduling and quality.
Goldy said you expected more of him than he realized.
Now you have acknowledged that you are very disappointed with the quality, but in reading all the threads about the event I don't recall seeing that you expressed any disappointment other than directed toward people complaining, or, heaven forbid, taking any responsibility for any of the deficiencies.

Had I seen you express disappointment or apologize for the deficiencies, I would have taken a little different approach with this post. I had the distinct impression (especially after you told Steve "the rest is already done") that you were satisfied with the result.

Here's what I don't understand: If you find the streaming to be a burden, rather than a pleasure, why don't you say, "I will do the stream if you can't get anyone else competent, but I'd rather be free to play and gamble"?[/QUOTE

I’d rather be able to free to play and gamble than put up with your bullshit.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I’d rather be able to free to play and gamble than put up with your bullshit.

Good, not that I've done anything to interfere with that... In fact I've encouraged it. That's what I think you should do rather than suffering over these streams. I'm pretty sure that Goldy -- and perhaps others -- would be happy to do them and that would avoid too-many-cooks communication issues.

Relax and have fun and you'll have more time for my bullshit.