well...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
The good news is, I finally made it to the TV table against a pro this year at the derby so I will always have a youtube video to go back and look at!

The bad news is, I don't think I could have played any worse, lol... :(

Wish I could have settled in and at least played my speed instead of letting his name worry me! He for sure gave me some chances in that 2nd game!

Oh well, enjoy and dont make fun of me too badly ~

https://youtu.be/k76p5BgbpdM

(Thanks for the heads up on the video Allen, I appreciate it!)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
chris
i just saw the beginning of the match
that scratch on the stripe was a BRUTAL roll as you made a REALLY tough cut.
like ben says . its over move on.
look at the bright side.
now you can ask for bigger spots.....:D

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
The good news is, I finally made it to the TV table against a pro this year at the derby so I will always have a youtube video to go back and look at!

Wish I could have settled in and at least played my speed instead of letting his name worry me! He for sure gave me some chances in that 2nd game!

https://youtu.be/k76p5BgbpdM

On your lag shot you need to aim higher above center. Your cue ball slid about 4 inches before it picked up the natural roll. You missed freezing to the rail by 4 inches. So your brain told your arm the exact speed but you cheated yourself out of the lag by aiming center.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
On your lag shot you need to aim higher above center. Your cue ball slid about 4 inches before it picked up the natural roll. You missed freezing to the rail by 4 inches. So your brain told your arm the exact speed but you cheated yourself out of the lag by aiming center.

You're correct. When the cue ball slides there is friction created between the cue ball and the cloth. That friction creates heat and energy taken away from the roll of the cue ball. In this case it could equate two or three inches of roll.

The shot where Cincy made the ball and scratched didn't appear to have much value even if he didn't scratched since all the balls are traveling away from his pocket.

I got the feeling that Cincy was trying to make something happen because he was playing Morra. We all fall into that when playing a better player.

Question for you Cincy. On your first shot of the game were you banking to make the bank or banking it into the stack? The speed tells me that the stack was intended target. No matter what, I think you played very well just stay with it and make them work hard and earn what they get. Looking forward to meeting you someday soon.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Chris, it maybe wasn't your best moment, but you look so good at the table you're still killing your action. LOL Your stance and stroke are so solid. But I think the real reason you didn't play your best is because of the added pressure of playing next to our own Bernie P. :)

Thanks for posting the link of your match, it was enjoyable. I wish you would have won.

Dave

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Closest I ever came to the TV table was when I bought two tickets in sec D, row 4. Right next to the Accu-Stats camera.
You’re my hero. Send autographed 8 X 10.
CONGRATULATIONS

My TV table

Attachments

• E11D88E0-3AE5-4530-9266-0058D9BAAFDC.jpg
    E11D88E0-3AE5-4530-9266-0058D9BAAFDC.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 4

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
On your first shot of the game were you banking to make the bank or banking it into the stack? The speed tells me that the stack was intended target.

I was guessing that the speed was because he thought he needed to over-cut it and stiff it to miss the bottom of the stack to make it.

Edit: Naw, it wasn't that... I remembered it wrong.

Last edited:

onepocketman

Well-Known-Member
From
Fairfield, OH
Hi Chris,
Congrats on doing so well in the Derby. You played hard. Just wasn't your day. It was a pleasure to watch the match. Thanks for putting up the link!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Thanks for the encouragement, you are all great! :)

Frank - as to your question, after he broke I went over to see if I had anything dead or lined up and the 13/10 (2 stripes at the bottom of the stack) were lined pretty close. and even if i didnt make them it would open balls to my side and the CB would go up table and I wanted to try and double him up on the 1/3. I had to hit it a little harder than normal to try and get the CB up table which I still didnt achieve as you saw....I look forward to meeting you one day as well, thanks again!

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I think you would have did much better if you could have just got going in that first game. Jawing out that cross corner which you normally dont miss much...and then scratching behind that cut shot ball you made was brutal.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for sharing the link to your match, Chris. You're a brave man, although you probably knew we'd find it sooner or later, so better to get out in front of the story, as they say...that said, not your best showing, against a top notch player, but you made some great shots to keep it interesting. Watching videos of our matches can be truly humbling, as they reveal to the world, and to ourselves, our bad habits and fallibilities. You'll get him next time!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Bumping this to show my match with Morra in 2019. I know I played bad and am never supposed to beat him but i just felt he didn't know the game very well and played some wrong shots. This is why I have not considered him a top one hole player. I'm sure he has gotten much better in 2 years and a lot more used to playing opposite handed so I am going to keep track of him moving forward.

I will say that's a huge spot from dennis when you are playing another top pro. Let's see how Moora does even vs some others in the top 10...i hope he does well so we can have another great player in the mix! :)

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
He's got a lot better. Played very solid yesterday. Made a few goofy decisions, but very few.. If there was any weakness I saw it was his long rail banking.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I never thought of that. Good tip.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I will say that's a huge spot from dennis when you are playing another top pro. Let's see how Moora does even vs some others in the top 10...i hope he does well so we can have another great player in the mix! :)
Well, you can be sure that Dennis won't give Morra THAT spot again...😄

Billy Jackets

Verified Member

Playing a world class player is just tough. My first big tournament, I was playing at my highest level for the first half of the matches, and all of a sudden ,my body shut down. I could not for the life of me , bring my arm forward in a straight line. Those was the longest sets of my life. Both of my opponents kept missing, and I had more shots than anyone ever gets in a major tournament and I can't make anything, lol. I kept wishing they would just run the set out, but nooooooooo they took 2 hours apiece, with all of my "friends" rolling in the aisles. You did fine.