Lots Of Options

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hers a few options shoot the 8? bank the 11?bank the 11 into the 9? where do you leave the Q? or somethging else?
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AUwJ3BTaM3CaCP3DNFK3EJFL3FUTk3GDBM4HCjk3ITgD3JGTM3KYmT2LLYh3MQgR3NaJx4ORuK3PRsV4Rdft@4AUwJ3BTaM3CaCP3DNFK3EJFL3FUTk3GDBM4HCjk3ITgD3JGTM3KYmT2LLYh3MQgR3NaJx4ORuK3PRsV4Rdft@[/CUETABLE]

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Bank the 11 and go straight into the 3 hard enough to move the 14 a couple of feet. Then the 9 and then the 8, and maybe bank the 3 by that time. That's as far as I can take you. From there on, you're on your own. :rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Here's one option as I don't think the 11 banks. Carom it into the 9 towards your hole.

But I think I would shoot the 8 ball here unless the bank carom was really laying perfect.

P.S. GO YANKEES:)

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AUoK3BVVL3CaCP3DQPL3ENmL3FUTk3GIXL4HCjk3ITgD3JLJL3KYmT2LLYh3MSsL3NaJx4OSDK3PRsV4Rdft3WaCP3WaSG7WbQD3dTgD3dPec3fYmT3fbiR3fUNU8fYnl3iaJx3ibGq7iaHn3kRsV3kWJQ3kXnc7kVrS4uCUR@4AUwJ3BVVL3CbQD3DQPL3ENuL3FUTk3GIgL4HCjk3IPec3JLRL4KYnl2LLYh3MTBL3NaHn4ORuK3PVrS4Rdft4uCUR@[/CUETABLE]

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think the 11 into the 9 carom isn't the right angle -- you would need to just skim the 9, and to do that, your cue ball would be hitting the 11 too straight on, resulting in a double kiss as I see it. Plus, if I can bank the 11 and duck the cue ball behind the 9, I want the 9 to stay right there.

Unless I have a clean bank on the 11, I'm shooting the 8-ball here, pretty soft, and then taking a look at the remaining balls. If the cue ball landed right (which I do not think it would, but on the wei a lot of things are possible :) ), then the 9-ball carom off the underside of the 3-ball looks like a better natural angle than what you had before with the 11 off the 9, if you are looking for a carom...see page two.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AUwJ3BTaM3CaCP3DNFK3EJFL3FUTk3GDBM4HCjk3ITgD3JGTM3KYmT2LLYh3MQgR3NaJx4ORuK3PRsV4Rdft4cCjk4ccAh3kRsV4kAOk4kUEX8kUMW@4AUwJ3BTaM3CaCP3DNFK3EJFL3FUTk3GDBM4HcAh3IUNC3JGTM3KYmT2LLYh3MQgR3NaJx4ORuK4PUMW4Rdft3dUNC3dbIi3dabe4daMe4kUMW3kRTJ3kVUk3kXoi@[/CUETABLE]

Fanatic

Verified Member
What an interesting situation :eek: I'm curious to see what others say as I'm :eek: to say I don't know whats best. Ideally I would love to bank the 11 straight across and freeze the qball to the nine...but it doesn't look posible the way it's WEIed....the eight seems pointless to shoot with no real reward in terms of position...the 11/9 doesn't look like it goes.....and yet you have to consider the score and the fact that there seems to be a dead triple combo on his side:eek: . In my current style of play I would probably hit the nine into the three and sweep away some of those balls away and draw the qball to the rail perfectly straight on the eight ....which I'm sure is the wrong thing considering the score but in this particular lay-out the way the balls lay, even if you make the eight the chances of winning are still very very slim from any possible qball position off the 8 (that I know of)....so maybe rearranging the furniture is in order in this scenario but again curious to see what others would do and whats the best thing to do :eek:
XOXO

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
what else??

what else??

vapros said:
Bank the 11 and go straight into the 3 hard enough to move the 14 a couple of feet. Then the 9 and then the 8, and maybe bank the 3 by that time. That's as far as I can take you. From there on, you're on your own. :rolleyes:
This is clearly the only shot, especially when you consider the score. And yes the 11 ball banks, and even if it didn't, which it does, banking the 11 and controlling the cue ball behind the 9 ball is effective. Anything else is uncivilized.:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
This is clearly the only shot, especially when you consider the score. And yes the 11 ball banks, and even if it didn't, which it does, banking the 11 and controlling the cue ball behind the 9 ball is effective. Anything else is uncivilized.:D
The correct way to bank the 11 is to hit the 11 ball thickly and turn it in, the cue ball will then move slowly into the 3 ball, and now you're back in the game.:cool:

There isn't another reasonable shot to shoot in this situation. Simply because no matter what shot you choose, other than the 11 ball bank you will have no protection against a possible return shot.

Last edited:

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
You guys know I play a very conservative game. I am making the 8 to get my ball count up and then playing the safe on pg. 2. I'm not a runout artist, but I will wear you down with safes, the game is a long way from over.---Smitty[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AUwJ3BTaM3CaCP3DNFK3EJFL3FUTk3GDBM4HCjk3ITgD3JGTM3KYmT2LLYh3MQgR3NaJx4ORuK3PRsV4Rdft@4AUwJ3BTaM3CaCP3DNFK3EJFL3FUTk3GDBM4HdOr3ITgD3JGTM3KYmT2LLYh3MQgR3NaJx4ORuK4PDNg4Rdft4kDNg3kXnT3kbRG@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
VAPROS gets the cookie:) :D . bank the 11 hit the three make the 9 and go from there.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Way to go! Thanks to III and Billy for their endorsements. Even the broken clock is right now and then. Please fax my cookie. :D :rolleyes: