Another One Pocket Question

PreacherRonn

Verified Member
From
Mesa, AZ
This came up the other day and I like to get some feedback:

Player's "A & B" are playing one pocket.

Player "A" owes a ball, has one and finishes his inning without spotting it. Neither player notices.

Both players normally play that slept balls are spotted after both players have one full inning.

Player "B" steps to the table and makes a ball in an uptable pocket. Both players then recognize that player "A" has slept a ball.

Question: When is player "A's" ball spotted; now with player "B's" ball or do they spot "B's" ball and both play an inning before spotting A's ball.

This should be fun.

Thx

Skin

Verified Member
I agree with Dennis. That is the technical interpretation of the rule.

Skin

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
here is the rule
9.4 If any owed balls, or balls that have fallen into a neutral pocket are forgotten and later remembered, then instead of being spotted after the current shooter’s inning, they are spotted after the end of the next player’s inning, unless there are no balls left on the table, in which case they are all spotted immediately. In any case, any owed balls are not forgiven, but still must be paid.

In practice, forgotten balls may be spotted at any time after they are remembered, as long as both players agree on the timing; if either player objects to an earlier spotting, then rule 9.4 should be followed.

Please note that playing ‘snooze you lose’ is the rare exception in house rules; it is by no means the standard rule, and it should only be accepted when it is clearly and mutually agreed on by both players before play begins.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
This came up the other day and I like to get some feedback:

Player's "A & B" are playing one pocket.

Player "A" owes a ball, has one and finishes his inning without spotting it. Neither player notices.

Both players normally play that slept balls are spotted after both players have one full inning.

Player "B" steps to the table and makes a ball in an uptable pocket. Both players then recognize that player "A" has slept a ball.

Question: When is player "A's" ball spotted; now with player "B's" ball or do they spot "B's" ball and both play an inning before spotting A's ball.

This should be fun.

Thx
Spot the pocketed ball and then wait an inning. Unless I didn't understand their agreement, that's the way they have been playing, right?

Billy I.

PreacherRonn

Verified Member
From
Mesa, AZ
it's a friendly game and we don't snooze and lose balls, we spotted player "B's" ball and then waited to spot player "A's" ball, I just wanted to get some feedback, thanks everyone

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Once it is recognized that a ball must return to the table "both" players have to "shoot" NOW realizing that a ball is going to be spotted. They both have to have a chance to "adjust" the table BEFORE the ball returns.