Screenshots

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
KOUD said:
And the next shot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Was what; or does someone have a contract with Pat and we have to purchase the DVD?

Let me give an answer to this querie as it's come up before in much the same wiseguy manner.

First of all, the technical legal answer is yes, you do have to purchase the DVD to view the next shot. But, due to the kindness & generosity of Pat Fleming, Me, Larry, Rod, Steve Booth and anybody else that posts layouts you will probably get to see it for free.

Pat could stop us from infringing on his copyrighted matches with one call to Steve so you may want to appreciate his letting us do it. I think it's very nice of him and it would be nice if it got him some more business from us as well.

We usually wait at least a day (24 hrs.) to show the shot, that way everybody gets a chance to reply if they want to. You waited 15 hrs. before making your comment. Larry works as do I and sometimes we don't always get an opportunity to post shots for a day or two.

I could show you the shot right now(I own the match) but I don't interfere in another guys layout thread.

Here's what's involved, with only a couple of exceptions, when I post a screenshot of a pool layout.

1. I must peruse the AccuStats catalogue and see if there's any one-pocket or bank pool matches that I want.

2. Then I place my order with Pat.

3. At an average cost of $19.95 I am particular about the ones I purchase.

4. The 38 matches I own have cost approx. $700 -$760, with some having been purchased on sale..

5. When they arrive and I get a chance to watch them, if I come across an interesting scenario I will note it for later posting on this site.

6. Then I put it(DVD) in my computer and watch it, when I get to the layout I want, I pause it and save it.

7. Then I open it with Greenshot, which I've also taken the time and trouble to download and learn to use, and I label pockets and so on.

8. Then I start a new thread and write a short description of the scenario.

9. Next I "manage attachments" and get the pic I want and put it in my post.

10. Then I "preview" my post to make certain that it's correct.

11. I post the new thread with the layout and hope that everybody has a good time discussing it for a day or so.

12. When I get a chance, I post the shot the player chose AND also how he left it for the other player. This means watching the DVD and saving both pics and then retrieving them when needed to post the result the player shot.

13. I may include "overheads" or multiple angles(if they exist) at times to help everybody "see" the layout as well as possible. Each of these must be "seen", "saved", "retrieved", "uploaded" and put in a post here. Not to mention drawing the lines showing the shot.

Thank you for your participation in the "what would you do?" threads, now a little more patience and understanding is required.

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Let me give an answer to this querie as it's come up before in much the same wiseguy manner.

First of all, the technical legal answer is yes, you do have to purchase the DVD to view the next shot. But, due to the kindness & generosity of Pat Fleming, Me, Larry, Rod, Steve Booth and anybody else that posts layouts you will probably get to see it for free.

Pat could stop us from infringing on his copyrighted matches with one call to Steve so you may want to appreciate his letting us do it. I think it's very nice of him and it would be nice if it got him some more business from us as well.

We usually wait at least a day (24 hrs.) to show the shot, that way everybody gets a chance to reply if they want to. You waited 15 hrs. before making your comment. Larry works as do I and sometimes we don't always get an opportunity to post shots for a day or two.

I could show you the shot right now(I own the match) but I don't interfere in another guys layout thread.

Here's what's involved, with only a couple of exceptions, when I post a screenshot of a pool layout.

1. I must peruse the AccuStats catalogue and see if there's any one-pocket or bank pool matches that I want.

4. The 38 matches I own have cost approx. $700 -$760, with some having been purchased on sale..

5. When they arrive and I get a chance to watch them, if I come across an interesting scenario I will note it for later posting on this site.

6. Then I put it(DVD) in my computer and watch it, when I get to the layout I want, I pause it and save it.

7. Then I open it with Greenshot, which I've also taken the time and trouble to download and learn to use, and I label pockets and so on.

11. I post the new thread with the layout and hope that everybody has a good time discussing it for a day or so.

12. When I get a chance, I post the shot the player chose AND also how he left it for the other player. This means watching the DVD and saving both pics and then retrieving them when needed to post the result the player shot.

13. I may include "overheads" or multiple angles(if they exist) at times to help everybody "see" the layout as well as possible. Each of these must be "seen", "saved", "retrieved", "uploaded" and put in a post here. Not to mention drawing the lines showing the shot.

Thank you for your participation in the "what would you do?" threads, now a little more patience and understanding is required.

Dennis

Now that you explained it I see all the hard work time and money you are putting into all off this. And I never even realized it tell now. Because you made me aware off what you do.

And it takes a lot off time and patence. And I can honestly can say I apricuate more now what you are doindg then before. Becaise you explained iy.

Even though I dont understand it all or good. I can see all the work and time and effort it takes too do this.

And before I took it for granted and reay didnt see all the work that has too be done too make this posable. But I thank you and congradulate you for all your hard work and payience.

And when I look at the diagrams I will appriciate them more because I see the oerson that is doing the work and giving his time and effort to select the best part in the DVD to bring this too us.

And I hope that everyone will see this and appriciate and be thankfull for what you are doing. And I hope that everyone will be more patient like you asket for.

I am soo glade that yopu explained it. Because by you doing this people will learn and understand the same thing has too be done when you dissus a shot.

I think we are very lucky to have a man like you doing this for us all.

All I can say is your help and work will not be forgotten.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Now that you explained it I see all the hard work time and money you are putting into all off this. And I never even realized it tell now. Because you made me aware off what you do.

And it takes a lot off time and patence. And I can honestly can say I apricuate more now what you are doindg then before. Becaise you explained iy.

Even though I dont understand it all or good. I can see all the work and time and effort it takes too do this.

And before I took it for granted and reay didnt see all the work that has too be done too make this posable. But I thank you and congradulate you for all your hard work and payience.

And when I look at the diagrams I will appriciate them more because I see the oerson that is doing the work and giving his time and effort to select the best part in the DVD to bring this too us.

And I hope that everyone will see this and appriciate and be thankfull for what you are doing. And I hope that everyone will be more patient like you asket for.

I am soo glade that yopu explained it. Because by you doing this people will learn and understand the same thing has too be done when you dissus a shot.

I think we are very lucky to have a man like you doing this for us all.

All I can say is your help and work will not be forgotten.
Thanks for your kind words Artie, they mean a lot. I'm not the only one here who does this. Rod posted many shots of his breaks, lll posts layouts all the time as do others.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it's a lot of time and money for someone to post impertinent comments about a layout just because they don't want to wait. It hasn't even been 20 hrs. yet.

Dennis

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Thanks for your kind words Artie, they mean a lot. I'm not the only one here who does this. Rod posted many shots of his breaks, lll posts layouts all the time as do others.

I'm not complaining, just pointing out that it's a lot of time and money for someone to post impertinent comments about a layout just because they don't want to wait. It hasn't even been 20 hrs. yet.

Dennis

I thank road and everyone who helps us and brigs all these great shots and viwes too us.

And I hope the will be thier for all the future people who want to learn and see what we did and thought was the way too do it.

But we are lucky too have people like Dennis and Road now that I no and others that went the distance for us and the game.

Thier are not enogh thankus in the world that could show the apriciation for all the effort time and work you have given and but into this site too make it better.

And dennies and Road and everyone will always be rememberd not for our disagreements but for all the hard work and energy you have done. So people could see the game shots and the players better.

And by doing what you are doing making it more interesting. And we can see what people are doing instead off just hering it.

Your kindness will never be forgotten.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I thank road and everyone who helps us and brigs all these great shots and viwes too us.

And I hope the will be thier for all the future people who want to learn and see what we did and thought was the way too do it.

But we are lucky too have people like Dennis and Road now that I no and others that went the distance for us and the game.

Thier are not enogh thankus in the world that could show the apriciation for all the effort time and work you have given and but into this site too make it better.

And dennies and Road and everyone will always be rememberd not for our disagreements but for all the hard work and energy you have done. So people could see the game shots and the players better.

And by doing what you are doing making it more interesting. And we can see what people are doing instead off just hering it.

Your kindness will never be forgotten.

That was very heart felt, I only wish that you would feel the same way about me, and all the work and time I also invest to explain my take on certain situations. Even if we do disagree, at least it lends another perspective.

By the way Dennis I have said this in the past, I do understand what's involved and all the work entailed in doing what you, Larry, and Rod do to help make this site more interesting. And I appreciate all of your efforts and hopefully we all will benefit from everyones efforts. Thank you.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
That was very heart felt, I only wish that you would feel the same way about me, and all the work and time I also invest to explain my take on certain situations. Even if we do disagree, at least it lends another perspective.

By the way Dennis I have said this in the past, I do understand what's involved and all the work entailed in doing what you, Larry, and Rod do to help make this site more interesting. And I appreciate all of your efforts and hopefully we all will benefit from everyones efforts. Thank you.

Billy I.
Bill,

I always look forward to your take on these layouts. You not only usually come up with what I think is a good shot but you also explain it well. I know why I'll shoot my shot but I am not expert in writing my reasoning down.

Dennis

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Relax, Rod, until you feel better. I get the urge to post shots and layouts, too, but I found out long ago that I'm not smart enough. But sometimes I do it anyway. It's very hard on my disposition, which is not all that great to begin with. :D

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Huh

Huh

? Wiseguy? Me?

It is nice to know that all the work I put into 7th grade, in ALL the years spent there, were not wasted. Too bad Miss T. is no longer alive to appreciate my having told her so at that time.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:

Billy I.
Billy I.
thank you for acknowledgeing me:)
speaking only for myself i have your 1p vcrs and have learned alot from you and
your commentating on accu-stats is a graduate level education of one pocket thru the eyes of a "doctor"
id say professor but that monicker is associated with grady and i dont know the story but ive heard there was a time when you were not "best of friends":rolleyes: :D :)
seriously your contributions are really appreciated and do not fall on deaf ears whether artie or anyone else acknowledges i
tI DO:)
you explain the shot and reasons for those that are not at your level so we understand and improve

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:

Dennis
dennis,
you have explained very nicely all the work involved in posting a layout
its just as much work to post a weii layout
as an indirect plug for pat fleming and accu-stats hopefully with the glimpse of shots in a match posted it would inspire members to buy the dvd/vcr

hopefully this helps sales at accu-stats:)

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
thumbs up

thumbs up

I have to think Pat is pretty happy with all the Accustats exposure gets here.

And I would also like to chime in thanking those who post layouts and all of those who comment -- the situations posted are good conundrums and the mix of opinions is highly educational and entertaining.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

I always look forward to your take on these layouts. You not only usually come up with what I think is a good shot but you also explain it well. I know why I'll shoot my shot but I am not expert in writing my reasoning down.

Dennis

You can't even explain why you like big-ass bimbo's...:p

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Dennis

Thought I'd bump this for CFB. Seems like #11 is taking a hit the last year with members being insulted about shot choice and ball movements.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Thought I'd bump this for CFB. Seems like #11 is taking a hit the last year with members being insulted about shot choice and ball movements.

I'll have you to know that I just read every bit of this thread as soon as you put it over on the bank forum. CFB

What's # 11?

8andout

Verified Member
Screenshots vs Greenshots

Screenshots vs Greenshots

I greatly appreciate the WWYD photos, diagrams and comments posted here. They are my favorite part of this site because i can learn from them without going to the pool room. (I play once every week or so and can keep up with people who play every day. I just need about 4-5 games to warm up). I am an retired graphic designer with advanced computer skills and i can copy a scene from a video, draw a diagram on it and post it to 1P.org in a matter of 1 minute or 2. I have watched just about every free 1 pocket video there is on the web. And occasionally i see something i like and i'll post a wwyd. For those of you that are interested, here's how i do it. When i'm watching a video on the web and see something i like i just reverse back to the image i want and hit the pause button. Now on you keyboard (usually near the upper right hand side) press the key labeled "print screen", this is referred to as a screenshot. You won't see anything happen but the picture is now captured and can be "pasted" into the program you are using with the drawing tools. Just open your program and select paste or
"Ctrl V" on your keyboard. Its best if you are viewing the video at full screen.

Also I recently took a picture already posted here (SVB vs Efren) added a diagram and comment, and posted it back on the same thread. How i did it- Right click on the photo and save picture to your hard drive. Import the picture to a program with drawing tools. Add your diagram and save to your hard drive as a JPEG. Then all you have to do is use the "manage attachments" button and import that picture to a posting. Well its easy for me anyway....

Contact me directly if you want to do this but need some help. Thanks, 8andOut...

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I greatly appreciate the WWYD photos, diagrams and comments posted here. They are my favorite part of this site because i can learn from them without going to the pool room. (I play once every week or so and can keep up with people who play every day. I just need about 4-5 games to warm up). I am an retired graphic designer with advanced computer skills and i can copy a scene from a video, draw a diagram on it and post it to 1P.org in a matter of 1 minute or 2. I have watched just about every free 1 pocket video there is on the web. And occasionally i see something i like and i'll post a wwyd. For those of you that are interested, here's how i do it. When i'm watching a video on the web and see something i like i just reverse back to the image i want and hit the pause button. Now on you keyboard (usually near the upper right hand side) press the key labeled "print screen", this is referred to as a screenshot. You won't see anything happen but the picture is now captured and can be "pasted" into the program you are using with the drawing tools. Just open your program and select paste or
"Ctrl V" on your keyboard. Its best if you are viewing the video at full screen.

Also I recently took a picture already posted here (SVB vs Efren) added a diagram and comment, and posted it back on the same thread. How i did it- Right click on the photo and save picture to your hard drive. Import the picture to a program with drawing tools. Add your diagram and save to your hard drive as a JPEG. Then all you have to do is use the "manage attachments" button and import that picture to a posting. Well its easy for me anyway....

Contact me directly if you want to do this but need some help. Thanks, 8andOut...
I have discovered that with the Greenshot program, you don't need to pause the video to get the screen shot -- of course, you do have to get your timing right, which can take a couple of tries. :D

PS The Greenshot program also has in it the basic editing tools for cropping, labeling and drawing lines -- all in one program without having to convert anything or open up anything else. Once you "Save" the first time, you establish your preferred save location and Greenshot remembers your preferences, so every time you save the files are plunked into the same folder. I created a file called "Screen shots" in My Documents/My Pictures so I can find them for posting. Also, vBulletin seems to save your "manage attachment" preferences, so it keeps going right to my Screen Shots folder anyone. (of course it helps that I don't very often post those expressive humorous photos of ... well, you know, lol)

Last edited: