B.Incardona vs. G. Mathews 1994 Roanoke

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
twister said:
Here's my question: for those who do prefer pocketing the 13 in the side (I might fall into that camp), where do you want to leave the cue ball on the end rail and why? Center of the end rail, in the upper right corner like Ill or somewhere else? Expound away.
twister want to give you credit for suggesting that spot for the cue. freddy concurs:)
freddy or twister or the gang why that spot??

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
fred bentivegna said:
With the last two balls on the table spotted up, you would want the cue ball on the end rail dead in the middle of the table.

Beard
With the CB where Freddy said I think you can do less AND have to be real careful IMO

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Cue Ball On The Middle Diamond

Cue Ball On The Middle Diamond

Freddie suggests leaving the cue ball on the middle diamond at the top rail. i like this because the scratch is there off the spotted headball. But ive played where i had an opponent in that exact spot and he just rolled straight down on the head ball and the second ball went gently to the bottom rail leaving the cue ball frozen. any comments on that? Sappo

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this safe is from the playing the game part of the 1p.org site. the pockets are reversed to the shot we are discussing
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3AALc3BALs1PJiV3UALc4ULub3VALs4VBlk1VOJd1kJiV3kBBL3kbit7kOCizc4qXxeYour_pocket_is_here&ZZ3rcGsThe_right_english_helps_kill_the_cue_ball_near_or_frozen_to_the_bottom_rail.&ZZ2uBWJ@3AALc3BALs1PJiV3UALc4ULub3VALs4VBlk1VOJd1kJiV3kBBL3kbit7kOCizc4qXxeYour_pocket_is_here&ZZ3rcGsThe_right_english_helps_kill_the_cue_ball_near_or_frozen_to_the_bottom_rail.&ZZ2uBWJ@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this is to keep in the same perspective of the thread
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3APqL3BScL3CHqL3DFFL4EIoK3FKcL3GNFL4HATV4ILRL4JODL4KGLK4LQgL4MALo4NTJL3OVNL2PGHl4Rcxs2kGHl2kFqj@3APqL3BScL3CHqL3DFFL4EIoK3FKcL3GNFL3HALV4ILRL4JODL4KGLK4LQgL4MALo4NTJL3OVNL2PGHl4Rcxs3cALV3cJyO4hALo3hDIm2hLKt2kGHl4kCHO4kbRG4kREp4kREi@3APqL3BScL3CHqL3DFFL4EIoK3FKcL3GNFL3HALV4ILRL4JODL4KGLK4LQgL4MALo4NTJL3OVNL2PGHl4Rcxs3cALV3cJyO4hALo3hDIm2hLKt2kGHl4kCHO4kbRG4kREp4kREi@[/CUETABLE]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if you extend the q back to the rail it would end up around the 1st or 2nd diamond. the more to the center you go the more you shoud be able to cut the ball on the spot to the right. the more you go to the corner the less you can cut the ball on the spot to the right i would think requiring a different reply.
please excuse the sloppy placement of the 2 balls on the spot its for discussion purpose only. assume they are spotted corrctly.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
sappo said:
Freddie suggests leaving the cue ball on the middle diamond at the top rail. i like this because the scratch is there off the spotted headball. But ive played where i had an opponent in that exact spot and he just rolled straight down on the head ball and the second ball went gently to the bottom rail leaving the cue ball frozen. any comments on that? Sappo
Sappo, if your off even a fraction due to pilot error er I mean shooters error or when your slow rollin like that, you would have to hit it perfect or you could end up leavin both balls for the opponent

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
sappo said:

Sappo, If the table rolls good, :) I like this shot also. Speed is everything on this shot. To go one way or the other from the middle diamond is touchy, and can easily scratch.
Rod.
PS, Thats why Freddy liked it there.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3APqL3BScL3CHqL3DFFL4EIoK3FKcL3GNFL4HATV4ILRL4JODL4KGLK4LQgL4MATn4NTJL3OVNL2PAOf4Rcxs4hATn4hAWs4hBES2kAOf4kATJ4kALJ@3APqL3BScL3CHqL3DFFL4EIoK3FKcL3GNFL3HALV4ILRL4JODL4KGLK4LQgL4MALo4NTJL3OVNL2PGHl4Rcxs3cALV3cJyO4hALo3hDIm2hLKt2kGHl4kCHO4kbRG4kREp4kREi@3APqL3BScL3CHqL3DFFL4EIoK3FKcL3GNFL3HALV4ILRL4JODL4KGLK4LQgL4MALo4NTJL3OVNL2PGHl4Rcxs3cALV3cJyO4hALo3hDIm2hLKt2kGHl4kCHO4kbRG4kREp4kREi@[/CUETABLE]

senor

Verified Member
sappo said:

Personally I don't like the shot because it doesn't seem worth the risks that Mark and Rod pointed out. Maybe it could turn out deadly, but seems an easy reply safety would be more likely than not.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
senor said:
Personally I don't like the shot because it doesn't seem worth the risks that Mark and Rod pointed out. Maybe it could turn out deadly, but seems an easy reply safety would be more likely than not.
so what would you shoot from there and do you think other locations (which ones) on the raill are a tougher spot???

senor

Verified Member
lll said:
so what would you shoot from there and do you think other locations (which ones) on the raill are a tougher spot???

No locations are a tougher spot than in the center on the rail, and I would try to leave the cue ball in the same spot by hitting the head ball thin and coming back two rails off the bottom rail and the side rail. Take care of whitey and it's difficult to sell out.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
senor said:
No locations are a tougher spot than in the center on the rail, and I would try to leave the cue ball in the same spot by hitting the head ball thin and coming back two rails off the bottom rail and the side rail. Take care of whitey and it's difficult to sell out.
WRONG,WRONG,WRONG, there is another spot that is much tougher to escape from without the fear of fouling. Answer below

CORNER HOOKED

senor

Verified Member
wincardona said:
CORNER HOOKED

Generally speaking, how can anyone disagree with that. :confused:

More specifically to this post, after pocketing the ball in the side the most difficult position to purposefully leave your opponent is on the bottom rail in the center of the table. I thought you said this also somewhere in this post? :confused:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
senor said:
Generally speaking, how can anyone disagree with that. :confused:

More specifically to this post, after pocketing the ball in the side the most difficult position to purposefully leave your opponent is on the bottom rail in the center of the table. I thought you said this also somewhere in this post? :confused:

You're correct I did and you are also correct in what you say. And for what it's worth I would do the same as you, unless I was certain I could corner hook my opponent.:rolleyes:

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
DAMN....Rodney told me to never deliberately corner hook him..because thats dirty pool???