ARTIE vs JOHN TIME FRAME

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I would like to know from someone who saw the match about the time it took to complete. it looks like the 11 games averaged almost an hour a game. im sure there was a lot of ducking but what i want to know is about the length of time between shots. im particularly interested in the time it took artie to identify the BEST SHOOT. he makes wonferful calls on the wei table but then we all have alot of time to think out the shot. did he make his selections quickly or did he think about the shot a relatively long time? thanks Sappo

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
sappo said:
I would like to know from someone who saw the match about the time it took to complete. it looks like the 11 games averaged almost an hour a game. im sure there was a lot of ducking but what i want to know is about the length of time between shots. im particularly interested in the time it took artie to identify the BEST SHOOT. he makes wonferful calls on the wei table but then we all have alot of time to think out the shot. did he make his selections quickly or did he think about the shot a relatively long time? thanks Sappo

Sappo, I watched a couple of hours or more of it. Artie looked 'em over but it wasn't brutal. He missed a lot of longer free shots, and so he didn't shoot at anything not free, thats why the games took so long. Old age isn't for sissies. John and Artie were an even game, until fatigue set in on John. Six years is to big a spot for someone in their 70's. They both hacked at 'em mostly, almost any second level pro could've given 'em 9-6 or maybe 10-6.
Rod. < ---- Older than John, and thought he stood up very well.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Verified Member
I didn't see any prolonged stalling of any kind. They just played carefully for the most part. Especially Artie. He isn't giving up air!
I really like how Artie handles himself. He waits for a moment or two after his opponent shoots and remains there, leaning against the next table. He looks over the layout and then he comes to the table. He is a man who is in control of himself and the situation. I notice this kind of stuff.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Jay, you're just happy with Artie because you won 50 bucks from old Doc from the AB/JH/BI match.;)

Doc
It was great meetin you Dock. You are a true pool lover and you realy love pool. And you will learn as much as you can. And the way I seen it you never can get enough. Dock is a real nice guy. Ans he realy watches the game and listens when people talk. It was nice meeting you Dock.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
the future

the future

so Atrie, after not playing for a long time and then making this showing, what are you thinking about tfor he future? are you going to start playing more? are you going to the derby in january? Sappo

jay helfert

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Jay, you're just happy with Artie because you won 50 bucks from old Doc from the AB/JH/BI match.;)

Doc

I wasn't even talking about our little bet. Someone else bet me 500 on the match. He was sitting up in the stands watching for part of the match.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Artie Bodendorfer said:
It was great meetin you Dock. You are a true pool lover and you realy love pool. And you will learn as much as you can. And the way I seen it you never can get enough. Dock is a real nice guy. Ans he realy watches the game and listens when people talk. It was nice meeting you Dock.
Thanks, Artie. It was a pleasure meeting you, and watching you work the pool balls. I also very much appreciated the pointers you gave me. I watched almost your entire Artie/Hendy/Billy match, and I wish I could have stayed for your match with John.

You have my card, but I didn't get your number. Perhaps you could have Beard Email it to me. Looking forward to catching you on down the line...

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
jay helfert said:
I wasn't even talking about our little bet. Someone else bet me 500 on the match. He was sitting up in the stands watching for part of the match.
You ain't gonna high roll me. Next time we bet $55!!!

Doc

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
You ain't gonna high roll me. Next time we bet $55!!!

Doc
Jay if you want to win do not bet against a perfesional winner. And one big reason that I win Jay is because I put 150% effort into winning weather I miss or shoot good. And I Never Never give up no matter who I am playing or what the score is. I win a lot ove games just on the will to win.And not too many people have that. Thier are some that do have it.