I ran 18

Lunchmoney

Verified Member
From
Washington State
Last night I was at the local pool hall rolling the balls around when a young man came over and asked me to teach him the basics of one pocket. We weren't playing for anything and he suggested that we just keep shooting until all the balls were off the table. He broke the first rack a little too hard and spread the balls a little too much. I ran all 15 balls. I broke the next rack and the corner ball slipped in my pocket. I was able to pocket two more balls before missing. Granted, there was zero pressure but I am still walking on air. My opponent thinks I am the greatest. People who play one pocket were congratulating me. And through all this, while basking in my glory, the local pool room know-it-all yelled out "Big deal, Mosconi ran 526!" I'm still laughing.

Are there any records of high runs in one pocket? Anyone on this board have any similiar experiences?

Lunchmoney

Troy

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Good shooting !!!
But I wouldn't bet my "lunchmoney" on making that corner ball on the break.
Lunchmoney said:
Last night I was at the local pool hall rolling the balls around when a young man came over and asked me to teach him the basics of one pocket. We weren't playing for anything and he suggested that we just keep shooting until all the balls were off the table. He broke the first rack a little too hard and spread the balls a little too much. I ran all 15 balls. I broke the next rack and the corner ball slipped in my pocket. I was able to pocket two more balls before missing. Granted, there was zero pressure but I am still walking on air. My opponent thinks I am the greatest. People who play one pocket were congratulating me. And through all this, while basking in my glory, the local pool room know-it-all yelled out "Big deal, Mosconi ran 526!" I'm still laughing.

Are there any records of high runs in one pocket? Anyone on this board have any similiar experiences?

Lunchmoney

Lunchmoney

Verified Member
From
Washington State
Troy said:
Good shooting !!!
But I wouldn't bet my "lunchmoney" on making that corner ball on the break.

10-4 on that! I probably make that corner ball every 50 breaks or so, it just happened that everything fell into place at one time. I was in dead punch, the balls rolled my way and then the corner ball fell. I just had to tell someone who could appreciate it.

Lunchmoney

piggybank04

Verified Member
ran 18

ran 18

wow!thats pretty good! i like to scatter the balls up table and try to run 15 and out from there!i havent done it yet,but i get lots of 8 to 12 ball runs.....its alot harder when most of them are up table.......i got this idea from watching joyner and a couple other guys that play aggressive.you can really intimidate alot of people with an offensive style!just make sure you dont sell out and mix in some backbreaking D...... :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Lunchmoney said:
I ran all 15 balls. I broke the next rack and the corner ball slipped in my pocket. I was able to pocket two more balls before missing. Lunchmoney
Nice shooting, Lunch. Of course now you gotta give everyone weight... :(

Doc

Lunchmoney

Verified Member
From
Washington State
gulfportdoc said:
Nice shooting, Lunch. Of course now you gotta give everyone weight... :(

Doc

I got about 50 pounds of extra weight that you are welcome to Doc, all we have to figure out is who is going to pay the shipping LOL.

I was kind of surprised to see this thread this morning, it was a pleasant surprise and brought back some good memories of that day. The kid I was playing has turned out to be a one pocket fanatic. His game is improving daily. There are several other younger players in the room where I play that play a lot of one pocket. I am still able to beat them though as they are very offensive minded and have a tendency to sell out more than I do. Plus they all love to gamble when they have money. They got to see how the game is played last Tuesday when Dan Louie came up to play "Mount Vernon Ron". There were a lot of spectators for that match up. Dan ended up taking 2 out of three sets and said that he is going to try and make back up next Tuesday.

Piggy, I tried to duplicate my feat by doing the same thing, scattering 15 balls on the table and shooting them in one pocket. So far no success but it is fun practice.

Lunchmoney

suki

Verified Member
From
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Check it out

Check it out

Lunchmoney said:
I got about 50 pounds of extra weight that you are welcome to Doc, all we have to figure out is who is going to pay the shipping LOL.

I was kind of surprised to see this thread this morning, it was a pleasant surprise and brought back some good memories of that day. The kid I was playing has turned out to be a one pocket fanatic. His game is improving daily. There are several other younger players in the room where I play that play a lot of one pocket. I am still able to beat them though as they are very offensive minded and have a tendency to sell out more than I do. Plus they all love to gamble when they have money. They got to see how the game is played last Tuesday when Dan Louie came up to play "Mount Vernon Ron". There were a lot of spectators for that match up. Dan ended up taking 2 out of three sets and said that he is going to try and make back up next Tuesday.

Piggy, I tried to duplicate my feat by doing the same thing, scattering 15 balls on the table and shooting them in one pocket. So far no success but it is fun practice.

Lunchmoney

Check my post from 9-20-2004.
Also I guess you did not read the posts about Cory Duel from the DCC.
He was getting 5-1 on the money playing the ghost. He would break, take ball in hand and have to run all the balls in his pocket, 15 and out or lost 200.
It was amazing and believe it or not he ended up 2200 up before they had to quit for matches. Try it sometime and see how hard that is.

piggybank04

Verified Member
suki said:
He was getting 5-1 on the money playing the ghost. He would break, take ball in hand and have to run all the balls in his pocket, 15 and out or lost 200.
It was amazing and believe it or not he ended up 2200 up before they had to quit for matches. Try it sometime and see how hard that is.
that is very strong :eek:

cycopath

Verified Member
From
Alabama Gulf Coast
Lunchmoney said:
Last night I was at the local pool hall rolling the balls around when a young man came over and asked me to teach him the basics of one pocket.

Did you explain to the young man that running that many balls is 'kind of' unusual?

;)

luckybreaky

Verified Member
suki said:

I do something close to that.. i break the balls then take ball in hand and start and if my oppent makes a ball before i make ten he wins
i love it... =) any body interested..