Verified Member
Scott is now hill hill in the match and he's down 1 ball, 3-4. His shot

What move would you do here?

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Scott is now hill hill in the match and he's down 1 ball, 4-5. His shot

Rail first on the 4 ball looks very tempting--it should send the 4 towards Scott's hole and the cue ball naturally across the table to the other side of the cluster.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Rail first on the 4 ball looks very tempting--it should send the 4 towards Scott's hole and the cue ball naturally across the table to the other side of the cluster.
i like that shot
my concern is leaving the bank on the stripe (14?)
but depending where the 4 ends up
he probably wont shoot it

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
i think i would do this
View attachment 14527

Hard to do from where you are, but a thought: better on the head rail near that pocket where you might 2-rail it later instead of on the long rail where he might 3-rail it. I'd rather make it than leave it where you're thinking.

I'd probably kick the 7 two rails out of op's corner.

Edit: Oh, now I see Cory's shot; that's better.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Hard to do from where you are, but a thought: better on the head rail near that pocket where you might 2-rail it later instead of on the long rail where he might 3-rail it. I'd rather make it than leave it where you're thinking.

I'd probably kick the 7 two rails out of op's corner.

Edit: Oh, now I see Cory's shot; that's better.

i am planning on making the stripe and having it spot up
and of course moving a bankable ball for him
it would block the 2 from going in my opponents pocket

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I too like the 2-rail kick on the 7 (ala LSJohn). It might leave some kind of bank on the 14, but at least the problem ball is removed, and hopefully replaced in front of the shooter's hole.

Alternatively he could go off the right side of the 5 ball, opening up the cluster a little towards his hole, and have the CB roll 2-rails behind the 7. Played well, that shot would put the opponent in a real bind.

~Doc

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Scott is now hill hill in the match and he's down 1 ball, 3-4. His shot

I would shoot the 14 in and draw back to center of head rail. If my oppo shoots the 5/15 carom I want the cueball going through the 8 (not off it), opening up the 2 and 13.

wwyd1.png

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would shoot the 14 in and draw back to center of head rail. If my oppo shoots the 5/15 carom I want the cueball going through the 8 (not off it), opening up the 2 and 13.

View attachment 14533

dennis
we both want to make the 14 and leave the cue ball on the head rail...:)
i liked following the cue ball near the corner pocket as opposed to drawing it to the middle diamond
whats the negative of leaving the cue ball where i put it as opposed to where you like it???

treeMan

Verified Member
Two rail the 14 ball and go around the world with the CB.

Low left and draw it a little.

That is a pretty cool shot.

I would probably clip the two off the top of the 13 to move it towards the side rail and bring the cue ball one rail to under the side pocket on the other side.

The 2-13 are mucking things up, my priority is to open them up so they go in my hole which will also open up a path for the 8 and 15.

Regarding the other shots - I agree that the opponent wont like shooting at the balls from the rail uptable but there is not much going on towards my hole and I'd like to change that.

I really like the potential of the rail first shot on the four if I had the guts to shoot it, but the game is close and I'd do what I believe I can execute. If I'm not on tilt :D.

tree

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
dennis
we both want to make the 14 and leave the cue ball on the head rail...:)
i liked following the cue ball near the corner pocket as opposed to drawing it to the middle diamond
whats the negative of leaving the cue ball where i put it as opposed to where you like it???

Larry,

Ask yourself "which ball is he going to shoot if you make the 14?" He's probably not going to shoot the 4, 2, 7 or 8.

For an offensive shot (from your leave) he'll play the 5 ball carom off the 15 ball now frozen to the 14 ball and let the cueball slip off the 8 to the siderail and to probable safety.

If he shoots it from the center of the headrail (where I'd leave it) the cueball will have to go "through" the 8 ball rather than "off" it. The 8 will then open up the 2 and 13 giving him something to think about. Always deadly for a poolplayer.

Dennis

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Two rail the 14 ball and go around the world with the CB.

Low left and draw it a little.

Looks like it lays good for that, but "looks like" probably wouldn't be enough for me to risk it. I'll bet 3C would shoot it in a heartbeat, and KNOW where whitey's goin'.

Good shot.