1 round

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Wow, am I reading the schedule right? They are only playing one round of one hole on Sunday? I thought they always played at least 2.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Wow, am I reading the schedule right? They are only playing one round of one hole on Sunday? I thought they always played at least 2.
No usually just one full round I think. I will be paying very close attention this year though, since I feel like I am getting way too much heat over the HOF dinner "causing delay with the One Pocket" according to them. I think it is very misplaced complaint, because the real issues are so many entries in so many different tournament disciplines overlapping and competing for the same tables. And of course the issue of some specific matches running extra long. That is a bigger problem the further along the match falls in the tournament. Last year they had one about 6 hours in the 5th round (5th round finished Wed).

I posted about this after the Derby last year, and I still have my notes too -- even when I showed the TD that there were only 6 players still in the One Pocket who attended the HOF dinner, they still were convinced the dinner is a big part of the problem. Apparently though, Jeremy Jones was one of the players still in, and of course he was at the dinner, and unfortunately also he had some slow matches so he was behind going into the dinner. The TD called it a "perfect storm". To me, I see Wednesday starts at 10 AM and runs until at least midnight, so that is 14 hours, with the dinner occupying no more than about 2-1/2, and involving only a small handful of players. It's hard for me to see a problem with the dinner schedule.

Now the long matches, that is another issue, and those are certainly not the fault of the dinner -- though it is an issue for the game we all love obviously!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I read it the same way you did, CK. Presumably that's to accommodate the large banks field. But Wed. they have 4 1P rounds listed. I suspect that the general published rounds schedule has gone out the window though. For example they have two distinct morning match times tomorrow which are not listed in the master schedule: 10:15 & 11:30. There again the banks field may be causing the changes.

~Doc

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Steve, How dare you take away from the 500 bank pool players, which round one should be finished Monday, to selfishly have an annual dinner honoring two of the events? Isn’t this forum about you enough? You have to have a dinner? What’s next, Member Only Tournaments?:cool:

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
There has to be a tipping point. If this 2019 US Open 9 ball takes off (like the Mosconi Cup has) and if the pool world gets its 10 million bump in players, like it did after the Color of Money, then DCC will have it's Growing pains, inevitable.