I'm uncomfortable

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It's a little strange but I tend to learn a lot more from studying what players weaker than me do in certain situations where they get better results than I do.
I know I can execute these shots as well as they do and I will practice them to elevate my game.
The players better than me can usually execute certain shots better than me so I may not be able to do what they do, so I tend to learn less when watching or playing them.
I notice this in the WWYD a lot. A shot will be shown that is great if you can execute it. A lot of times I have to disregard it because I don't think I can execute it the way the person is showing it. Yet, the player showing it may have the skill level to execute it exactly the way shown.
In one pocket I have to try to work within my skill level and reduce the number of circus shots I shoot or stop myself from moving out of my comfort zone.
It seems like it is a never ending story.

wayne
there is alot of truth in the saying
THE BEST SHOT IS THE ONE YOU CAN EXECUTE........:)
but for those of us that think we are still improving..;)
its still nice to know what the best shot is if you were the best...:D

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Wayne, I always hate to see players of very limited ability wasting their practice time on hard shots. I am always thinking - pal, if you have already mastered all the easier shots, how come you don't play better? :rolleyes:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Yo John,
If you played to the ability of your WWYD shot selections, you'd win the seniors and the Super Seniors, and finish high in the money every year at the DCC!!

You're a great asset here at OP.O, don't even think about slowing down on your postings.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
john
my first post was an attempt to be funny (not so sure i succeeded...:eek:)
let me officially add myself to the list of members who enjoy your posts and really appreciate not only your thoughtfull shot selections and comments but also your wit and "vibe" you bring to the site....:)
larry

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It's a little strange but I tend to learn a lot more from studying what players weaker than me do in certain situations where they get better results than I do.
I know I can execute these shots as well as they do and I will practice them to elevate my game.
The players better than me can usually execute certain shots better than me so I may not be able to do what they do, so I tend to learn less when watching or playing them.
I notice this in the WWYD a lot. A shot will be shown that is great if you can execute it. A lot of times I have to disregard it because I don't think I can execute it the way the person is showing it. Yet, the player showing it may have the skill level to execute it exactly the way shown.
In one pocket I have to try to work within my skill level and reduce the number of circus shots I shoot or stop myself from moving out of my comfort zone.
It seems like it is a never ending story.
Frame-able advice here Frank!!

troutmanmo

Verified Member
From
Houston
Yo John,
If you played to the ability of your WWYD shot selections, you'd win the seniors and the Super Seniors, and finish high in the money every year at the DCC!!

You're a great asset here at OP.O, don't even think about slowing down on your postings.

You obviously have never played this guy...talk about STOOPID, just could not laugh at the shots he took,had to keep him on the line!! That being said,you gotta like him. P.S., if he ever lost his job,I would help him find another one.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I've had a lot more to say lately on these WWYDs, and I hope it's not because that little bit of commentating and the nice things Jeremy said to make me feel good has gone to my head.

I'm still a beginner trying to move up to intermediate, and in my rational moments I know it, so if it looks like I think I'm smarter than I really am, you're probably right about my irrational moments. :p

(Or maybe I should have saved this for my psychiatrist. :eek: Nah, he's got more than he can handle already. :heh )

Here's why. You myself and others had allot of fun and such at Bogies, more so than many of us thought. Now that ya know us just a little more and vise versa, you actually are opening up in another manner, it's all good from here. I too enjoy now more than before, posts of others that I've seen live, and that alone adds allot of credibility to their posts and shot thoughts.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Here's why. You myself and others had allot of fun and such at Bogies, more so than many of us thought. Now that ya know us just a little more and vise versa, you actually are opening up in another manner, it's all good from here. I too enjoy now more than before, posts of others that I've seen live, and that alone adds allot of credibility to their posts and shot thoughts.

That is quite an insight, and I'll bet you're right.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
One of the issues with posting answers to WWYD is that being at the table and knowing the exact conditions, e.g. opponents game, rails, cloth, balls, pockets, slate, etc. is critical to your final shot selection.

If most pool games are a game of inches, then 1P is a game of millimeters. A tiny fraction of an angle makes all the difference.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
You obviously have never played this guy...talk about STOOPID, just could not laugh at the shots he took,had to keep him on the line!! That being said,you gotta like him. P.S., if he ever lost his job,I would help him find another one.

You and I should go on the road hustlin' 1 P. I hear there are a couple of women playin' every day at the Senior Center in Paducah.

pvclou

Verified Member
I'm uncomfortable

John,

I think you're great. You really do make things very friendly and easygoing on the forum. Sorry I missed you at the senior tourney. Still overseas...hope to catch up with you at the next one.

-lou

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
the question should be are they single ???:heh:heh

Reminds me of a story.

A friend of mine was in his 50s, his drinkin' buddy about the same age. They're in a Honky Tonk eyeballin a couple of gals that looked to be about 70 & 80. My friend, drunker than his pal, said, "You can have the young one." :rolleyes:

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Rockin Out w/Disco Dave

Rockin Out w/Disco Dave

:)
Wouldn't have been fair to the others to include someone who ACTUALLY qualifies. :D :D :D

P.S. I really enjoyed the time I spent with you in Houston. I badly needed practice putting up with that kind of shit. :heh

John, Did you watch when I was matched up w/Dave pre tourney ? Man he can move.

By the way I heard Maurice went to see his Psychiatrist. He walked in wear ing only saran wrap for underwear. His doc said he could clearly see he was nuts.
I really enjoyed getting to talk to you more and get to know you better. I, like the other members here really enjoy your wit (even if it is a little off the wall).:)