Wstd

1pwannabe

Verified Member
T-Rex made the 1 without hesitation and put whitey in a great place under the 3 ball.

WWYD from here?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I like your first option here of clearing out all three balls. Do something now before things get worse. Do it now before more balls bet opened up.

I don't like the option of pocketing the one ball. If the cue ball doesn't lay on the rail he will then have a bank on the 14 ball and position on the 3 ball.

Frank they way you drew it up, your shot is the one I choose. I do like TW thoughts on making the one ball, but you'll then leave some type of bank on the 3. The way you drew it up, I'm playing all cue ball into the one ball, with stick em force follow, also I'll most likely hit the ball on the foot rail and bank that towards my side. If the carom to the one ball feels controllable, I like this shot right off bout as easy as a stop shot, plus I could remove all three balls, two for sure.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
T-Rex made the 1 without hesitation and put whitey in a great place under the 3 ball.

WWYD from here?
The shooter has the opportunity to come off the 3 ball three rails with the CB to come to rest on the back of the stack.

If the shooter doesn't like that shot, he could come off the cushion with draw (which would shorten the angle) and place the CB up on the rail by the 14.

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Side rail / side rail kick into the 13/9/ stripe... The stack... Off my side rail kicking to hit the 1st diamond on his side rail then into the stack. Intentional foul. I would kick 3 rails as Doc suggested , but I don't think you can come off the 3 ball and do it, the hit is to thin and the angle is wrong unless you draw off the 3 and shorten the angle. The angle looks bad for a three rail kick into the stack off the side rail also, looks like the up table stripe is in the path.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Was the first thing I saw but it doesn't look like you can hit enough of the pink ball to contact the first stripe where you need to

One of us is cross-eyed. Looks to me that the 11-15 is lined up at the bottom rail so that the 11 needs to be aimed squarely toward the bottom rail. IOW, you don't want to hit nearly as much of the 4 as you could. You want to hit the 4 thick, I want to hit it thin.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
This match was from 2006 Derby, Accu-Stats DVD D8-1P2D, Alex vs T-Rex. It features Billy and Freddie in the booth so it comes highly recommended.

Alex was still learning 1P in 2006 so his moves weren't the best, and he, like most 9-ball players, could NOT make himself take a scratch when needed. Freddie was adamant at this point, kick 2 rails and TAKE THE SCRATCH ALEX and keep the position. Alex instead brushed off the 3 so as not to take a scratch and went up table leaving Tony here, losing the position immediately.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
The shooter has the opportunity to come off the 3 ball three rails with the CB to come to rest on the back of the stack.

If the shooter doesn't like that shot, he could come off the cushion with draw (which would shorten the angle) and place the CB up on the rail by the 14.

~Doc

Side rail / side rail kick into the 13/9/ stripe... The stack... Off my side rail kicking to hit the 1st diamond on his side rail then into the stack. Intentional foul. I would kick 3 rails as Doc suggested , but I don't think you can come off the 3 ball and do it, the hit is to thin and the angle is wrong unless you draw off the 3 and shorten the angle. The angle looks bad for a three rail kick into the stack off the side rail also, looks like the up table stripe is in the path.
i agree with jeff i dont think you can 3 rail to the stack
i like your shot jeff

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

~Doc

because of where the stripe is in the diagonal corner
i like your shot jeff

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Probably not, because the shooter is only Alex, but I can. :D (Works with near-max 3 o'clock on my table.)

Probably not, because the shooter is only Alex, but I can. :D (Works with near-max 3 o'clock on my table.)

:lol

LSJ

LSJ

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I also like 2-3 rails off the 3 ball. Even if you cant get it perfect, you have a pretty decent "safe" area where you can leave the CB for it to be an effective shot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

LSJ

LSJ
john i asked mr3cushion if it was possible to go 3 rails to the stack from here (see pic)
i didnt want to get into tracks and all for my reasoning so mentioned the stripe which may or may not be in the way
anyway
here was bill's repsponce

Larry; ABSOLUTELY NOT, 100%!

LSJohn, can use a 'Magic' cue, 'Magic' stylus, or 'Gaffed' up table!

Bill

P.S. Larry, You can quote me!

:p:D....(from me not bill...:heh)

3 rail possible.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

~Doc

Yes I agree with you and Bill Smith that you can get there with little problem. Imo the key to the shot is the speed you hit it with, (med) and you would also need to shoot along the tangent line almost missing the contact with the 3ball slight elevation 3oclock should do the trick. It's also crucial that the side spin is retained going into the top rail, if not you will then go too long and lose the ability to end up in the stack. Actually very little can go wrong with the shot and it looks very doable from the computer..good luck.

Dr. Bill

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
john i asked mr3cushion if it was possible to go 3 rails to the stack from here (see pic)
i didnt want to get into tracks and all for my reasoning so mentioned the stripe which may or may not be in the way
anyway
here was bill's repsponce

Larry; ABSOLUTELY NOT, 100%!

LSJohn, can use a 'Magic' cue, 'Magic' stylus, or 'Gaffed' up table!

Bill

P.S. Larry, You can quote me!

:p:D....(from me not bill...:heh)

View attachment 14764

Larry, look at the angle to the first rail from the junction of the CB and 3 ball. Just north of the middle diamond, or call it middle diamond, right? I don't know what the problem is, but both you and Bill are mistaken, or, more likely, there's some kind of communication error here.

Feathering the 3 with various amounts of 3 o'clock and small adjustments up or down on the tip contact point on the CB, I can either: 1. Hit the ball on the spot, missing the 14 by about 9 inches; 2. Make the CB in my pocket, or; 3 make the CB in opponent's side pocket. (And you can quote me :) )

:confused: :confused: :confused:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yes I agree with you and Bill Smith that you can get there with little problem. Imo the key to the shot is the speed you hit it with, (med) and you would also need to shoot along the tangent line almost missing the contact with the 3ball slight elevation 3oclock should do the trick. It's also crucial that the side spin is retained going into the top rail, if not you will then go too long and lose the ability to end up in the stack. Actually very little can go wrong with the shot and it looks very doable from the computer..good luck.

Dr. Bill

I think you misread something. Doc and I said it could be done, Larry and Bill said it couldn't. I did it over and over (just as you said but needed no elevation on my table.)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
i like your shot jeff
Yes, you can. Keep in mind that the CB is not headed three rails into the corner. It's headed toward approx. 1-1/2 diamonds from the corner. From where the CB is sitting, and it's proximity to the 3 ball, a shooter could put the CB to almost anywhere within more than three-quarters of the table.

Perhaps you're setting it up differently from the picture. Set it up and try it.

~Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, look at the angle to the first rail from the junction of the CB and 3 ball. Just north of the middle diamond, or call it middle diamond, right? I don't know what the problem is, but both you and Bill are mistaken, or, more likely, there's some kind of communication error here.

Feathering the 3 with various amounts of 3 o'clock and small adjustments up or down on the tip contact point on the CB, I can either: 1. Hit the ball on the spot, missing the 14 by about 9 inches; 2. Make the CB in my pocket, or; 3 make the CB in opponent's side pocket. (And you can quote me :) )

:confused: :confused: :confused:

john
my crow dinner is delicious.....:eek:....:heh
yes you can go 3 rails into the stack but it is VERY dependent on EXACTLY WHERE YOU SEE THE TANGENT LINE ie where you can hit on the first rail
and how much swerve you get from coming off the ball and having to hit down with extreme english which will make the the cue ball hit more north on the 1st rail and there fore end up below where you want to
here is a diagram from bill
how he saw it
3 rail possible 4.jpg

i will call you later so we dont bore everyone....:D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
john
my crow dinner is delicious.....:eek:....:heh
yes you can go 3 rails into the stack but it is VERY dependent on EXACTLY WHERE YOU SEE THE TANGENT LINE ie where you can hit on the first rail
and how much swerve you get from coming off the ball and having to hit down with extreme english which will make the the cue ball hit more north on the 1st rail and there fore end up below where you want to
here is a diagram from bill
how he saw it
View attachment 14770

i will call you later so we dont bore everyone....:D

Glad to get the call, but even if the tangent line is where you diagrammed, i think it can be done with draw, and not necessarily a heap of it. Now I'll go try and report back that I was right no matter what happens. :D

OMG. Don't need any low at all. My initial problem was getting it too short by applying low right. I eased up and made it in my pocket. I eased up some more and made it in the side. Somewhere between those two would be perfect, but I didn't continue experimenting. (I think you're seeing the tangent line wrong, but I wouldn't be shocked if it were me... well, I wouldn't have until Dr. Bill "spoke." :heh

(At least I finally killed that chickenshit conference. :D )