Ball problem

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I have a set of Aramith Premium balls on my table at home. As they roll they seek each other out and then stick together. Any suggestions? :frus

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I myself just quit hustling in the Andromeda Galaxy. Sneaky, multi-armed beings kept grabbing balls of the table when I wasn't looking, so it wasn't a real loss.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i use a maguiars QUIK ultimate detail will post which one when i get home tonight

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
level your table :)

wash your balls in warm water and rub lightly with a mr. clean foam pad.

then dont put anything on them.

unoperro

Verified Member
SOME WILL LAUGH AT THIS;

All bodies have mass,all mass has a gravitational pull. Polished balls on clean fast cloth seem to exaggerate this. Straight pool players know of what I speak.

No I am not suggesting dirty balls and or cloth.:frus

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'll bet straightback knows

I'll bet straightback knows

SOME WILL LAUGH AT THIS;

All bodies have mass,all mass has a gravitational pull.

I may be wrong, but IMO the combined mass of two balls would barely be enough to move a molecule.

As I understand it, gravity is an extremely weak force.

unoperro

Verified Member
I may be wrong, but IMO the combined mass of two balls would barely be enough to move a molecule.

As I understand it, gravity is an extremely weak force.

Thats the Scientific explanation debunking the occurence.
So why does it "undeniabley" happen?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
LSJ, you are both incorrect and ungrateful. :rolleyes: Without gravity even your best shots would not fall. :heh

Yup, my bad. Gravity is VERY good at movin' stuff \/ thataway but not wuffashit movin' it ----> thataway or <-------- thataway, or /\ thataway.

As the boys in the hood say, "Inertia be a mofo."

"Undeniable"?

I'm skeptical of a lot of stuff that "everybody knows," 1dog. If something doesn't sound right to me, I tend to doubt it until I think I have seen it tested under conditions where variables can be controlled.

For instance, one of (apparently) best 3C players swears by a lot of stuff related to stroke about which I think he's full of shit. Anecdotal experience, misperceptions and rationalizations fool a lot of people about a lot of things they are sure about.

IOW I think you have some good reasons to believe it is undeniable, but I still think you may be mistaken (or not.)

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Yup, my bad. Gravity is VERY good at movin' stuff \/ thataway but not wuffashit movin' it ----> thataway or <-------- thataway, or /\ thataway.

"Undeniable"?

I'm skeptical of a lot of stuff that "everybody knows," 1dog. If something doesn't sound right to me, I tend to doubt it until I think I have seen it tested under conditions where variables can be controlled.

For instance, one of (apparently) best 3C players swears by a lot of stuff related to stroke about which I think he's full of shit. Anecdotal experience, misperceptions and rationalizations fool a lot of people about a lot of things they are sure about.

IOW I think you have some good reasons to believe it is undeniable, but I still think you may be mistaken (or not.)

There are PLENTY of badass, stone cold, straight shooting professionals who have absolutely no ****in' idea what is happening in terms of physics and geometry. That is simply a fact.

Does gravity moves things to the left, right or up? Hell no. The force is directed at 90° to surface of the earth. Is there some angular force to pull at objects from angles less than 90°? Probably very little. Good question.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Well, the concept of high-definition inertia is actually undeniable, absent the relative factors that lead us to subscribe to another apparent truism, perhaps not so obvious and immune to misunderstanding.

Perhaps your own balls are not sticking together? :sorry

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well, the concept of high-definition inertia is actually undeniable, absent the relative factors that lead us to subscribe to another apparent truism, perhaps not so obvious and immune to misunderstanding.

Perhaps your own balls are not sticking together? :sorry

Hey, you son-of-a-b***h, my balls stick together plenty good. :D

(In fact, that's all they do.) :( :frus

unoperro

Verified Member

"Undeniable"?

Hey if I am mistaken,at least I am not the other "full of shit"guy.