Getting I Great Physical Shape For Pool

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Getting Is Great Shape Will Help Your Pool Game Metaly And Pysical And Can Improve Your Game By Ten Percent Or More. People Under Estemate Being In Great Shape For Pool. Shape Up Or Ship Out. Being In Great Shape Is A Big Part Of Pool. Just Like Any Other Athlet. I Know If Billy Replies On This He Is A Ferm Beliver In Being In Shape To Help Your Pool Game. Start Working On Getting In Shape Today. And Watch Your Pool Game Improve And Mentaly You Will Have More Energy And Desire To Play. Get In Shape For Pool THats Being Cool.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Getting Is Great Shape Will Help Your Pool Game Metaly And Pysical And Can Improve Your Game By Ten Percent Or More. People Under Estemate Being In Great Shape For Pool. Shape Up Or Ship Out. Being In Great Shape Is A Big Part Of Pool. Just Like Any Other Athlet. I Know If Billy Replies On This He Is A Ferm Beliver In Being In Shape To Help Your Pool Game. Start Working On Getting In Shape Today. And Watch Your Pool Game Improve And Mentaly You Will Have More Energy And Desire To Play. Get In Shape For Pool THats Being Cool.
Can I Change THe I To IN I guess whats we make the mistake its to late.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Are you in pool shape? What You Think Billy.

Artie,

I see you are not getting a lot of response to this subject on a pool forum.
I'll give you my physical fitness regimen, so you won't be lonesome.

1.-I have never stayed up all night gambling, drinking, or whoring around.

2.- I have never taken performance enhancing, or halucinatory drugs in any form.

3.- I have never smoked or drank. (maybe one glass of light Zinfindel, with dinner.)

4.- I always eat a healthy diet, run 10 miles every day and exercise religously.

5.- My body is my temple, and I have never told a lie.

That is the secret to my longevity. ( You, the Beard, and Billy, have all violated rules 1 thru 5 of my mantra, many, many times.)

Its no wonder one (or more) of you may suffer from extreme paranoia, are slightly obese, or in need of a penile implant. :eek:

Dick(s) <---"Johnson" still works fine. It's not very big around, but it sure is short. :cool:

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Artie,

I see you are not getting a lot of response to this subject on a pool forum.
I'll give you my physical fitness regimen, so you won't be lonesome.

1.-I have never stayed up all night gambling, or whoring around.

2.- I have never taken performance enhancing, or halucinatory drugs in any form.

3.- I have never smoked or drank. (maybe one glass of light Zinfindel, with dinner.)

4.- I always eat a healthy diet, run 10 miles every day and exercise religously.

5.- My body is my temple, and I have never told a lie.

That is the secret to my longevity. ( You, the Beard, and Billy, have all violated rules 1 thru 5 of my mantra, many, many times.)

Its no wonder one (or more) of you may suffer from extreme paranoia, are slightly obese, or in need of a penile implant. :eek:

Dick(s) <---"Johnson" still works fine. It's not very big around, but it sure is short. :cool:
Those Are 5 Great Rules To Follow And People Have No Clue How important It Is To Get In Shape. I Told This To Two Guys Yesterday that Were Ant my House And THe Said They Took My Advice And Went Straight To Thehealth club. THis morning to work out for two houers. And They Both Said Thanks For Waking Them aware . Because they have been letting it go and didnt do any exercise. But Its great that you responded. One is better then none. And Your older then the rest of the wipper snappers. And You count as two. Dont over do the bush ups. Senior the senorita is gone. THats What one mexican asked the other mexican. He said hay senior the senior reta is gone. But Working out will make you feel a lot better.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I do agree Artie,

When I work out and eat right my head is allot clearer and my body doesn't feel as tense when I'm in the heat of battle.

Good advice :)

Dudley

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Artie is correct about this. I have started going to the Y (Humana pays my monthly fees), and I am beginning to see results. My neck is stiff, my sciatica is acting up and my eyeballs stick out a little, but my one-pocket game seems to be getting stronger.

There are some sights to be seen around the Y - it ain't like it used to be. Many years ago, when I was traveling around on weekends with a bowling ball, I always stayed at the Y, if there was one in town. It cost about a buck or two. Men only, and many had indoor pools where skinny-dipping was common. (Strange sights to be seen around those pools, also, if I remember correctly.) I would check in as soon as I got to town, and pay my room rent. Then it wasn't too serious if somebody busted me, as they sometimes did.

Who else here has stayed at the old YMCAs while on the road? Surely not all of you slept in your cars . . .

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
when i wasnt playing pool at all and was in the gym full time in good shape, I could hit balls for 2 days and be in dead punch, now since i have been a cripple with back problems for almost 5 years, If i dont play everyday I lose what ever stroke I have in a week.

The best thing you can do for your game second to playing is being in shape. Its a CLOSE 2nd!!!! too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope I can someday gt back into some kind of shape, but the pain is so bad, i'm scared to try. the less I move my back the better it is. i'm 42 going on 205.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
vapros said:
Artie is correct about this. I have started going to the Y (Humana pays my monthly fees), and I am beginning to see results. My neck is stiff, my sciatica is acting up and my eyeballs stick out a little, but my one-pocket game seems to be getting stronger.

There are some sights to be seen around the Y - it ain't like it used to be. Many years ago, when I was traveling around on weekends with a bowling ball, I always stayed at the Y, if there was one in town. It cost about a buck or two. Men only, and many had indoor pools where skinny-dipping was common. (Strange sights to be seen around those pools, also, if I remember correctly.) I would check in as soon as I got to town, and pay my room rent. Then it wasn't too serious if somebody busted me, as they sometimes did.

Who else here has stayed at the old YMCAs while on the road? Surely not all of you slept in your cars . . .

Vapros,

I sure hit a few Y's in my younger days, before I even had a car to sleep in.

Old joke, you probably heard it;

Two country yokels, found themselves almost broke and homeless in a big, strange eastern city.
They chanced upon the local YMCA.

They asked the desk clerk the price of a room, He said "it's only $6.00 a week, for both of you". He went on to extol the features the "Y" had to offer.

He said, "Theres a great big gymnasium, a health spa, ping pong and pool tables, and theres swimmin' in the basement".

The bumpkins then engaged in a long conversation, to determine if they wanted to spend their last six bucks on such a venture.
They were undecided, but eventually one of them approached the desk clerk, and said..." Did you say there was women in the basement" ?

I said it was old Dammit.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
vapros said:

v.......I didn't stay at the Y's....but about 10 years ago I spent the whole winter traveling around thru the whole state of Florida in my van...and along with park campgrounds, I used the Y's in all of the towns I was in to take my showers - worked out good.

- Ghost

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
v.......I didn't stay at the Y's....but about 10 years ago I spent the whole winter traveling around thru the whole state of Florida in my van...and along with park campgrounds, I used the Y's in all of the towns I was in to take my showers - worked out good

- Ghost

JGHasper,

For a man of your means, thats kind of snug. They have showers at the KOA. (however not free)

You took advantage of the hospitality of Florida's taxpayer's, while robbing every pool room you entered.

No wonder their economy is in the toilet. :mad:

Have you no shame :confused: :confused: :confused:

You are 86'd out of Arizona.

Oops, Sorry I forgot. 10 years ago, you were still in your teens....carry on. :cool:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Are you ever going to get your facts straight ?

Are you ever going to get your facts straight ?

SJDinPHX said:
JGHasper,

You took advantage of the hospitality of Florida's taxpayer's,

Are you EVER going to stop wrongly accusing me of things....:rolleyes:....

As a matter of fact Mr. Dick McWrong, I was not on the dole - the Y's charged a daily use fee for a shower, swim, etc....:cool:....

But ok ok, I'll fess up....half the time I snuck in....:eek:.....:D

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Are you EVER going to stop wrongly accusing me of things....:rolleyes:....

- Ghost

Ghost,

I hate to bring this up but SJD told me that you were working at the Texas Schoolbook Depository in November of 1963. I guess this is another instance of him wrongly accusing you. Right?

And he told me that you worked an 'undercover' job at the Watergate Hotel and did some illegal plumbing. Another tall tale I'm sure.

I suppose that you were not involved with the Apollo 13 mission either, correct?

And now that I know that he tells lies about you, I guess I can disregard that Bay of Pigs thing that he mentioned about you. I'm sure you've never even been to Cuba.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghost,

I hate to bring this up but SJD told me that you were working at the Texas Schoolbook Depository in November of 1963. I guess this is another instance of him wrongly accusing you. Right?

And he told me that you worked an 'undercover' job at the Watergate Hotel and did some illegal plumbing. Another tall tale I'm sure.

I suppose that you were not involved with the Apollo 13 mission either, correct?

And now that I know that he tells lies about you, I guess I can disregard that Bay of Pigs thing that he mentioned about you. I'm sure you've never even been to Cuba.

Dennis

I do NOT lie. (see post #4) I blame JGHasper for all the economic woes our great country is now facing.

He is probably in favor of 3 trillion dollars worth of bail-outs, and Stem Cell Reasearch, and has the "hots" for Nancy Pelosa (or possibly Barney Franks) :eek: Palin can give Pelosa the 15 to 2,in looks, and even more for smarts.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fatboy if your back is bad try water aerobics. exercising in the pool is easy on your joints .its something you probably could handle and would get you doing some exercise. not knowing your weight only your screen name extra weight wont help your back win as im sure you know.

Skin

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

That's good avdice, Artie. Plus, being is shape just makes life better over all. However, don't go straight from the gym to a match. It takes time for your touch to come back after working your arm muscles, especially if you are just getting started on working out.

Skin

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I Do Not Lie

I Do Not Lie

Dennis.........Once again Dick had his facts totally mixed up when he told you all these things - let me clear them up for you....:D....

Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghost,

I hate to bring this up but SJD told me that you were working at the Texas Schoolbook Depository in November of 1963. I guess this is another instance of him wrongly accusing you. Right? Dennis

Wrong, it was the Texas College Girl Depository scandal that I was involved in....:eek:....

Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghost,

Dennis

This is partly true....If you want to call being caught in that hotel room with those two $3,000 per night call girls, "illegal plumbing".....:p.....

Cowboy Dennis said:
Ghost,

Dennis

Not quite, a little mixed up again.....Truth was - my nickname with the girls was always...Apollo 13.....;)

- Ghost.....:cool:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
Dennis.........Once again Dick had his facts totally mixed up when he told you all these things - let me clear them up for you.

- Ghost.....:cool:

Dennis, I shall illustrate what a warped mind we are dealing with here.

Wrong, it was the Texas College Girl Depository scandal that I was involved in. Ghost-[/QUOTE]

TRUTH...Actually, the related scandal was "indecent exposure" at a Dallas Elementary School Yard. :eek:

This is partly true....If you want to call being caught in that hotel room with those two $3,000 per night call girls, "illegal plumbing"..........
Ghost-[/QUOTE]

TRUTH...If the Ghost ever paid over $5 ($10 for two) to those D.C. hooker's, I'm guessing his "plumbing" would fail to function.
Paying out $3000 for a new Cadillac, would render him comatose. :rolleyes:

Not quite, a little mixed up again.....Truth was - my nickname with the girls was always...Apollo 13..... Ghost-[/QUOTE]

TRUTH...Confused again but close... The $5 Chicago hookers used to call him "Rocket Man." They said he was the fastest John in town. (12 sec. avg.)
(possible exception... the guy whos getting his "Johnson" surgically enhanced)

Dick

Last edited: